Old 05-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #26
Spoonman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Forever had the best merchandising of ALL the Batman films

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
If that's true then we agree. Great.
Ok, sounds good.

As to the poster saying that misses Burton Batman, gosh do I miss it too! I think I didn't realised how much I missed it until I re-watched some scenes of B89 some months ago, the atmosphere, Keaton's perfomance, Nicholson Joker, Batmovil, Gotham , DAT BATSUIT (I could go on and on). It was way better than I remembered it. I guess to much watching the Nolan's films (which I like, don't get me wrong) caused that impresion on me.

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #27
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne29 View Post
Yeah but Batman Returns made much more money on tv, vhs & dvd rentals & buys, and now it's also turning a good profit in blu-ray, so in the end BR ended making much more money for the studio.
Exactly. That film was by no means a financial failure. They made a huge profit off toys, and other merchandise. There was a flux of Batman Returns stuff from candy, to cards, to shirts, etc. Much more than was available when '89 Batman came out.

I do remember Batman Forever and those damned McDonalds glasses... I asked my Dad to go by McDonalds every other day on his way home from work to see if he could get me the new one

Ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #28
Spoonman
Side-Kick

^ I had the Riddler glass, ooh those were the times , I was 10 years old when Forever was released by the way.

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:42 AM   #29
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

I think I got Batman, Riddler and Two-Face... There might have been another one or two I never got. Robin I'm guessing. I was about to turn 17 that summer.

Ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #30
theman
Banned User

lol everyone always mentions those micky D's glasses. i still have ALL those glasses, i still use my batman one in the morning with coffee haha. in fact my mom liked them so much she got doubles of them and used them when company was over cuz they were so nice LOL. i got all four with riddler, robin batman and twoface.

i think that alot of people who go on the net and talk about these films probably are big with nostalgia. i am too. these batman movies were my childhood and i just have a hard time letting go of them, those were good times being a 9 -10 year old and i seem to remember Forever the most. it was just a great time to be a batman fan and a kid, just like when star wars episode 1: the phantom menace came out a few years later. i still use my batman forever garbage can, i havent gotten a new garbage can in 16 years lol.

Last edited by theman; 05-04-2011 at 01:58 PM.
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #31
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
^ I had the Riddler glass, ooh those were the times , I was 10 years old when Forever was released by the way.
I still have em too I also didn't know I still had some plastic cups (one has the Penguin and his duckmobile) from Batman Returns till I was moving stuff a while back...I was incredibly overjoyed to find them since Batman Returns is my personal favorite...I don't remember the merchandising for BF that well, aside from the McD's cups, but I certainly remember the merchandising for Batman Returns Time sure flies...

Hellion, just curious... How well do you think you'd do in a death-match here? Who do you think would vote for you?
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #32
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Hellion, is that Trinity from ECW in your avatar? I know, random question.

Ha I still have my Riddler glass too although I wanted the Batman glass at the time. Yeah BF had the best merchandise. I remember the toyline was fascinating. Especially the gigantic over sized Batcave playset.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #33
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Meddle View Post
Yes, yes it is...

Hellion, just curious... How well do you think you'd do in a death-match here? Who do you think would vote for you?
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #34
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

I had the toys (Batman, Robin, Two-Face and The Riddler) the cool electronic Batmobile and obviously, a VHS copy of the movie that I used to watch every day....Damn, this takes me back to the good ol' days.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #35
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I had two Robin ones (and some other ones, given that I loved Robin more than Batman when I was five) but two out of BF. One in his regular costume the other with a different costume and a motorcycle.

I also had TF and Riddler. I had the batboat too. And the batmobile.

Last edited by Doctor Jones; 06-11-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #36
Milu
Batterson J. Manford III

My brother and I shared some BF toys; I don't exactly remember what all toys we had from the movie, but I do recall Two-Face and the Batmobile.

We also had that godawful SNES game. It took me years to figure out how to get through that first hole in level one, and by that time we had already concluded the game was just too crappy.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #37
Spidey 2007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
lol this thread went in a totally different direction from where it started. yeah i dont know what transformers has got to do with batman forever. i cant stand those movies with shia ledouche.

anyway, haveing rewatched the franchise, i can see why Forever did well back in the day. Returns may be the better film obviously since it has alot more darkness and depth, but Forever was defiently a fun movie and honestly, i miss the days of the exicting OTT batman film. there were REAL batmobile, not some tank thing, gotham city was a character in itself, and the villians were fun and interesting. nowadays everything is so serious, i guess to fit in with these post-9/11 "dangerous" times? i still think they have gone way too serious with batman. they should at least get back to the balance that tim burton had, that mixture of crazy action, comic book stunts, dark world and dangerous yet humouress villians.
I agree. The closest thing to a perfect Batman world to me is the Arkham Asylum/City games. The mix of comic book action with grounded reality is perfect.

I would love to see the next set of films follow that route as closely as possible. I hope robin is introduced as well. He can be done right despite what some simpleton bat-fans think.

More on topic though, I actually enjoyed the merchandising and hype for Batman forever more so than the film. I loved the figures and still do to this day. They didn't have nipples on them to begin with haha.

This was my first Forever Figure I picked up. I thought it was damn cool, and I still do. I always had trouble finding an actual regular looking Batman though haha. I had to wait on the sonar suit 2 pack

Last edited by Spidey 2007; 06-19-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Spidey 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #38
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I still have that set, it was a great addition to my collection.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #39
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

That's an incredibly cool Robin figure, Spidey!

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 AM   #40
NongEyeGong
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Meddle View Post

Ha I still have my Riddler glass too although I wanted the Batman glass at the time. Yeah BF had the best merchandise. I remember the toyline was fascinating. Especially the gigantic over sized Batcave playset.

I still proudly have all four Batman Forever McDonalds glass mugs.

I also fondly remember having that play set along with probably every single vehicle to come out of the Batman Forever toy line when I was a kid. My parents were absolutely thrilled having this take up a quarter of the living room. They were good times, dammit.

"I know where bullets want to go..." - Deadshot (Secret Six #25)

Batman-News.com

PSN inthenameofg0re
XBL NoneEyeGong
NongEyeGong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #41
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

I got that Batcave for my seventh birthday but I remember my mom had to return it to the store. I think it was missing some pieces or something. Instead of getting it replaced she bought me the Millennium Falcon. That pretty much began my Star Wars figures collection (the kickass toyline by Kenner in the mid 90's) and ended my Batman collection.

Even back then I cared more about Forever's toyline than the actual movie but that was the point of the Schumacher-two.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #42
theman
Banned User

old thread bumping, i know, but im glad this is still here! i also wanted to add this little beauty i had as a kid from the film as well. the movie had some really nice pieces attached to it, especially this armitron watch my mom got my 7 year old self:

this thing was gorgeus! and it still is. the only problem is i lost the watch and to this day im still upset at myself! i even had the coffin watch container with the little Forevert symbol. the watch numbers and batsignal even glew in the dark! it was just a great watch. i would love to rebuy it for old times sake from ebay but they still go for quite a bit. sure is tempting though!

also why the hell does everyone think the schumacher movies were just about selling toys and stuff? did you watch the film? there was alot of depth there woth bruce wayne and trying to reconile him with his alter ego. the deleted scenes are further proof of this.

Last edited by theman; 10-31-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #43
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

i was obsessed with BF! then again,i was with ALL the Bat-Films( though even i have to admit B&R left a sour taste)! had the McD's glasses, all the toys,the vehicles,the posters, the shirts,etc. they were definitely prepared to market the s#$t out of this Bat-Film! hell, "Kiss From A Rose" by Seal became pretty much THE song of 1995! and while Seal certainly had a career before it, the song/video MADE his career:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateQQc-AgEM

for better or worse, this movie began the TRUE potential of Batman as a corporate juggernaut.

also,an interesting piece - prototype for BF figure with a Michael Keaton head,showing they were working on the merchandise well before he dropped out!

http://www.amoktime.com/bmproto100.html

Last edited by mikey1974; 11-02-2012 at 04:29 PM.
mikey1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
theman
Banned User

wow! thats a interesting piece of toy history right there! didnt know they made a keaton head already, thats impressive! i also had, and still, much of the batman forever toys and stuff from when i was a kid. i do remember that while batman returns did have much more toy offer merchandise wise then the first film, still, it wasnt a kids film and it was very hard to market something like that, considering the tone of the first one. but yes, batman forever defiently realized the marketing potential for a batman film. they tried again with B&R but since the film wasnt a success movie wise, the merchandising was pretty much just a weaker repeat of what they did with Forever. since then, the batman movies, nolans included, havent been able to repeat this with the merchandising in any form, mainly because the newer films are not for kids and there really isnt much you can market aside from a few collectibles and some REALLY crappy kids toys side from the movie masters stuff (mattel just sucks). sigh, its just not the same. when we were kids, the batman movies were THE END. just plain awsome and there was plenty of neat stuff for us kids to enjoy from it.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #45
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey 2007 View Post
I agree. The closest thing to a perfect Batman world to me is the Arkham Asylum/City games. The mix of comic book action with grounded reality is perfect.

I would love to see the next set of films follow that route as closely as possible. I hope robin is introduced as well. He can be done right despite what some simpleton bat-fans think.

More on topic though, I actually enjoyed the merchandising and hype for Batman forever more so than the film. I loved the figures and still do to this day. They didn't have nipples on them to begin with haha.

that was my first batman forever figure

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #46
Fudgie
Banned User

The merchandising was about the only good thing to come of it. I used to have a lunchbox of it.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #47
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey 2007 View Post
I used to have those, it's funny cause that Batman suit is very similar to the Batman Begins one that cane later.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #48
stephenxphilip

Hey, for anyone that is interested, I just posted my original COMPLETE SET of vinyl BATMAN FOREVER Posters (4' x 6').

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170952333993...84.m1555.l2649

Last edited by stephenxphilip; 12-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.
stephenxphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #49
storyteller
Side-Kick

Oh god that toy with Batman and robin. I loves the hell out it. The suit was so damn awesome. I didn't mind that you couldn't manipulate the arms and legs..........okay I did but they were awesome.

I think where Forever shines is that it has fun without being a joke. Burtons reality while dark was still cartoony. I think Forever got to play up the another side of Gotham. Also it's was an interesting dynamic between Robin and Batman. Here they were aking to brothers as opposed to chums. I hope the next director brings Robin back into the fold. They can either do the brothers angle or the father and son bit.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #50
Indy1Jones
Agent Indy

That would be cool^^

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote