The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #26
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Default Re: No More Meaningless Cameos

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
Gambit can still appear in X-men 4 as he could pass for early 20's in Wolverine. May be a few years older than Cyclop even. He could also receive ageless injection from Victor's gene ??
Perhaps some sinister individual could coax Remy away from Xavier's school with the promises of all the power he could dream of. A little bit of scientific experimentation could go a long way to explain how Gambit could appear to be the same age for over 20 years. Maybe a serum derived from Logan or Victor could keep him young for as long as he's in the service of his new boss. I mean, it's a hell of a lot more believable than the whole clone Marauders thing that the comics abides by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRadz View Post
Because Beast and Gambit and Psylocke and Angel are soooooo similar to everyone else... Singer could have added them.
Beast and Angel were meant to be in X-Men and X2 respectively, but the costs for the characters weren't worth it in the end. Ironic that they both appeared together in X3, then. Gambit was supposedly too much like Logan personality-wise, and his powers would invoke Cyclops in the audience, so they scrapped him throughout the franchise until Wolverine (which had both Logan and Cyke).

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #27
Mr. Fixit
Enforcer

Quote:
Beast and Angel were meant to be in X-Men and X2 respectively, but the costs for the characters weren't worth it in the end. Ironic that they both appeared together in X3, then. Gambit was supposedly too much like Logan personality-wise, and his powers would invoke Cyclops in the audience, so they scrapped him throughout the franchise until Wolverine (which had both Logan and Cyke).
....this had me laughing. LoL!

Mr. Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #28
newwaveboy87
automatic systematic

Those were the reasons given for their exclusion though. Honest.

As I go deep into the funnel of love

Tumblr

Liz Lemon is my spirit animal
newwaveboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #29
TNC9852002
Banned User

Yep. They didn't make much since at the time and it didn't help afterward when Singer realized just how popular characters like Gambit were.

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 07-09-2010 at 02:26 AM.
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #30
TNC9852002
Banned User

You heard me

Last Movies Seen (Theaters): Piranha 3D, Lottery Ticket, The Switch, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Expendables, Step Up 3D, The Other Guys, Dinner for Schmucks, Salt, Inception, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Predators, Despicable Me, The Last Airbender, Grown Ups, Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, The A-Team, Shrek Forever After.
Grrrr!! The SHH forums!

Last edited by TNC9852002; 07-09-2010 at 02:28 AM.
TNC9852002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #31
Emma Frost
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC9852002 View Post
Emma and Cyclops were the only ones from Wolverine that absolutely didn't really need to be there...
Totally agree. and to make her Silver Fox's sister was absurd

Emma Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #32
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Frost View Post
"Oh by the way I have this sister who needs a cameo, so I need to fake my death here at some point"

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #33
chaseter
Bland User

I have a sister who has been locked up in a cage for months or years with no toilet or privacy and she looks faaaaaaabbbuuuulloouuussss!!!

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #34
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I have a sister who has been locked up in a cage for months or years with no toilet or privacy and she looks faaaaaaabbbuuuulloouuussss!!!
Stryker is not a monster. He has a Spa in his mutant testing facility, d'uh.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #35
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Frost View Post
Trying to make Silver Fox more sympathetic by giving her an excuse for betraying Logan just ended up making her seem more selfish. And then it got her killed. They could've just stated that either a) she was with Weapon X all along, but she tried to abort the mission once she fell in love, or b) she was being held captive after Victor faked her death, being forced to keep the captive mutants under control emotionally. At least then, we could've judged Kayla's character without having to involve the old moral dilemma of "if you steal bread for your family, is it wrong?". Emma really didn't do anything for the movie - she could've been great, but considering she wasn't even part of the dead pool, she was just there for the sake of that cameo.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #36
DonnyLebeau
The Ragin' Cajun

You have to believe there will be countless Cameos as this is a prequel and they can't do without reference to the other films.

I'd expect a cameo from Juggy, Victor Creed, and possibly Apocalypse or Shadow King. And of course the gratuitous baby hero cameo ie: White haired African girl...

Old 08-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #37
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

the entire movie sounds like a heap of meaningless cameos ala the last stand. like beast and blob in x-men, and supposedly gambit in x2 were proposed, but fox wouldn't allow singer to spend any more money. so they made jean a doctor, cut beast out and did away with blob all together. wolverine's stunt double was going to have a cameo as gambit, allegedly.

was taylor lautner reallly approached to play wolverine? even in the 60s wolverine would look 30. i really don't get why they think prof x and magneto's friendship and no original x-men aside from beast are good ideas. after x2 the only good marvel film was iron man. tih had its moments but wasn't as great as it couldve been.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #38
Squidboy
Side-Kick

Beast and Blob would've had some slightly decent screen time, but like you said, money was the deciding factor that ultimately had the characters canned. It worked out for the best, I guess, since it gave Xavier, the X-Men, and the four Brotherhood members a little bit more time in the spotlight. Any more than the relatively small cast we had, and it could've been a tough juggling act for a first film, so it worked out for the best in that respect.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #39
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

The nice thing about a prequel like this is the sheer amount of potential for cameos. I haven't heard anything on definite cameos that are likely to appear.

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #40
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope there ARE camoes in First Class

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #41
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I'd expect maybe one or two name drops and a couple of easter eggs, but I'm not expecting to see a great deal of physical character cameos...

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote