The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

View Poll Results: Which Marvel Studios movie is the best?
THOR 144 45.28%
THE INCREDIBLE HULK 17 5.35%
IRON MAN 144 45.28%
IRON MAN 2 13 4.09%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #101
Drizzle
Bangarang, Robin

Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I do not know why people hate on TIH so much, damn good film if you ask me. It managed to do what IM2 tried to do which was stuff the film full of Avengers goodies and managed not to seem like a big ****ing ad for the movie. Not to take away from IM2 which I enjoyed tremendously, Thor did what the original IM did which was established its self with the CMU presence being felt but only subtly it actually felt like a comic book come to life to me.
I liked TIH a lot. I just feel like the others were better. Iron Man 2 only slightly edges it out for me. But I'd say that so far, Marvel has been batting 1000 with these. This just puts more pressure on Captain America, but judging from the trailer, I'm sure it'll kick all kinds of ass.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #102
kguillou
Side-Kick

I dont get it..why is everybody hating on incredible hulk? what didnt peoplle like about it?

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #103
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I dont get it..why is everybody hating on incredible hulk? what didnt peoplle like about it?
personally I think it was all style no substance, sure it was a great action film, and it was extreamly awesome having emil blonsky/Abomination appear finally, and hulk smash and all that, but it seemed (to me atl east) to lack that charm that thor or the iron man films had, tho in no way do i think its a "bad" movie

Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #104
kguillou
Side-Kick

Thats a fair argument but...there was a lot of human drama in there too with Bruce and Betty's relationship and his struggling with the hulk. I dunno, i thought it balanced drama and action quite well.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #105
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

First off, I don't think Marvel Studios has put out a bad movie. Sure TIH will probably be the least successful of the bunch, but that's mainly because it had the baggage of Ang's horrible film. I think Marvel screwed up pinning TIH as a pseudo sequel/reboot, rather than just come out and flat out say (this has nothing to do with the other film). They screwed up by initially trying to get Bana and Connelly to come back. They should have never entertained that thought, but they were trying to half appease fans of Ang's film, what few there were.

Having said that TIH is an enjoy to watch every time I veiw it. The Rio rooftop chase was way better than the one in Fast 5, IMO. More action, and a real enemy, no Absorbing Dad. By the way I remember when AICN broke the news of Absorbing Dad, and the Ang lee apologists swore that it was a lie, and said that Talbot was the main villian and it would be Hulk battling the military. Then we got Absorbing Dad, and you didn't hear a peep out of those folks.

Anyway I digress....you can have arguments all day long about which film is better, the fact is every single one of the Marvel Studio films is of the highest quality and taken seriously. No half ass treatment like the Fantastic Four movies. No pissing off the fan base ala Hulk and X3.

Thor fits right in with the MCU films, and it's more than worth the price of admission. Iron Man is my favorite of the bunch, but I'm biased because Iron Man has always been my favorite Marvel character. I've been going by the Tony Stark handle when this site was Spider-man hype! But also because it was the first of the Marvel Studios films, and it was groundbreaking.

I know it drives some people nuts how the continuity connects all these films, but that's exactly what Marvel has been about. It's been done descretely and allowing each of these films to feel like a self contained entity. Downey's cameo in TIH, does not distract from the fact it's a great movie in it's own right. Same can be said of Hawkeye in Thor.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #106
Rac
Deadite

Iron Man > TIH > Thor > IM2

Old 05-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #107
kguillou
Side-Kick

Well said Tony Stark. Fully agree. I was slightly disappointed with IM 2 but that doesnt take away from the fact that it was still an above average super hero film. Marvel has put a lot of effort and time into these films and it shows. I think Captain America is going to kick ass and Avengers will be a huge success. People are already in love with Thor and Ironman. Now all marvel has to do is sell the public on Cap and Avengers will be a surefire smash success.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #108
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Holy crap Thor is winning! I would've never predicted that judging from the trailers.

Can't wait to see this poll with Captain America added. Should be interesting.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #109
kguillou
Side-Kick

Not that it matters or anything but im noticing that its rating on rottentomaties is steadily declining. Couple days ago Thor was at 92% and now its at 79%....which means that there are more and more people coming out of this movie not liking it....whats going on here?!? lol Again not that it matters but this is perplexing given the critical acclaim this has garnered so far.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #110
The Morningstar
Banned User

THe strangest thing about it is, the percentage has gone down, but the actual rating hasn't really changed.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #111
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Thor's my favourite Marvel film by a small margin over Iron Man.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #112
LuisTX85
Z

Thumbs up Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Thor's my favourite Marvel film by a small margin over Iron Man.
same!

LuisTX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #113
J.Howlett

Iron Man > Thor...and are there other films?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #114
kguillou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
THe strangest thing about it is, the percentage has gone down, but the actual rating hasn't really changed.
I think its kind of indicating that people overseas liked this much more than americans have..at least so far. The rate its going tho, i think by the end of the box office weekend it'll prolly be at 75%.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #115
LuisTX85
Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Iron Man > Thor...and are there other films?
you do know Iron Man 2 and TIH are part of the MCU right?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #116
The Morningstar
Banned User

He's joking.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #117
LuisTX85
Z

I hate sarcasm!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #118
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #119
Big Lob
Side-Kick

Hulk is not a compelling lead in a major motion picture and that's why I can't get behind his movies. Iron Man 2 got bogged down in a character study people didn't need or want.

Iron Man does suffer from bait and switch (from fighting terrorists to an evil business man), but I still think it's the best. Thor is the second best.

JMO.

Big Lob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #120
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Captain America pending, of course (I have a feeling Cap will end up being my favorite but...I'm biased, he is my guy!):

Thor - 4.5/5
Iron Man - 4/5
The Incredible Hulk - 4/5
Iron Man 2 - 3/5

Iron Man I like more than TIH (but not by that much). I liked Thor most, though.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #121
The Morningstar
Banned User

Yea you know what? I'm gonna raise this above Iron Man. After seeing it again, Loki just elevates this to a whole nother level, for me.

Yes, Hemsworth is great. He really is Thor. But honestly, Hiddleston's performance as Loki wouldn't look out of place in an Oscar bait period drama or a West End theater production.

Stane was great in Iron Man, don't get me wrong. I mean, it's the Dude!!!! But yea, Hiddleston's Loki... best comic book villain ever in my opinion.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #122
batman44
Go Speed GO

Thor probably is my favorite so far, but I don't want to vote as I've only seen it once and I've seen the others enough to let those films really sink in.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
batman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #123
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

It's a toss up between Iron Man and Thor, both are awesome films.

I think i would choose Thor by a hair just because i loved Chris Hemsworth performance

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #124
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Oh it is so close between Thor and Iron Man. I'll have to see Thor again, just a fun, nice, tight Marvel adventure story. They all have been at this point, but Thor and Iron Man exceptionally so.

Son of Coul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #125
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
That was never true. It's just that those who liked b*tching about it were the most persistant around here. I felt no need to keep on defending it. It stands on it's own w/o any help from me and the public liked it. Critics did as well. Whether some fanboys got their panties in a bunch over it was hardly worth worrying about.
Oh yeah and you know what the public likes? What are you a reporter for E Network?

You obviously get defensive when people dislike IM2 so you pull that "The public liked it" horse****. You don't know what the public likes, just because you and several of your friends liked it, doesn't make it the public. I thought Iron Man 2 was a mess and bad movie , and so did the four other people i was with think, doesn't mean iam gonna say the public think it's badYeah sure the movie made a decent amount of money, but lets not get into the argument of movies that weren't good making alot of money ad vice versa.

Same thing with "Critics liked it" Who gives a **** if critics liked it doesn't make it a definitive good movie.

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote