The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

View Poll Results: Which Marvel Studios movie is the best?
THOR 144 45.28%
THE INCREDIBLE HULK 17 5.35%
IRON MAN 144 45.28%
IRON MAN 2 13 4.09%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #126
8wid
Banned User

Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

All of the Marvel Studios' films have been weak so far, but Thor is definitely the best.

8wid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #127
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1988 View Post
Oh yeah and you know what the public likes? What are you a reporter for E Network?

You obviously get defensive when people dislike IM2 so you pull that "The public liked it" horse****. You don't know what the public likes, just because you and several of your friends liked it, doesn't make it the public. I thought Iron Man 2 was a mess and bad movie , and so did the four other people i was with think, doesn't mean iam gonna say the public think it's badYeah sure the movie made a decent amount of money, but lets not get into the argument of movies that weren't good making alot of money ad vice versa.

Same thing with "Critics liked it" Who gives a **** if critics liked it doesn't make it a definitive good movie.
Well you can simply check CinemaScore which is exit polling. Also RT's audience rating % is pretty good. You seem to be the one who's getting defensive that people might actually have liked a film that you didn't. In any case, I don't give a s***.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #128
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I don't think Marvel Studios has put out a bad movie.
I for one am certain they haven't.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #129
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Well you can simply check CinemaScore which is exit polling. Also RT's audience rating % is pretty good. You seem to be the one who's getting defensive that people might actually have liked a film that you didn't. In any case, I don't give a s***.
Yeah we had to do that lastnight for Paramount. We called them with the totals when the people left.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #130
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I for one am certain they haven't.
Indeed, even if you found any of these movies (or even all of them) underwhelming, disappointing, mediocre, etc.. there's no way any of them are bad. I personally, have loved them all. I just love IM and Thor a level more than TIH and IM2.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #131
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

Wow, talking about a biased poll....

Ang Leeīs Hulk is still the best Marvel movie so far

Old 05-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #132
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ *sigh*

This poll is about Marvel Studios films and Ang Lee's Hulk was NOT a Marvel Studios film.

Oh and there's nothing biased about thiking those films are better than Ang's because most people actually do.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #133
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

What does Ang Lee's Hulk have to do with Marvel Studios films?

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #134
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Oh yeah and you know what the public likes? What are you a reporter for E Network?

You obviously get defensive when people dislike IM2 so you pull that "The public liked it" horse****. You don't know what the public likes, just because you and several of your friends liked it, doesn't make it the public. I thought Iron Man 2 was a mess and bad movie , and so did the four other people i was with think, doesn't mean iam gonna say the public think it's badYeah sure the movie made a decent amount of money, but lets not get into the argument of movies that weren't good making alot of money ad vice versa.

Same thing with "Critics liked it" Who gives a **** if critics liked it doesn't make it a definitive good movie.
You're getting a little overly defensive too...how about taking a deep breath and settling down?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #135
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

Even though I like the character Iron Man more than Thor, I'd have to say Thor was the best of the new crop of Marvel movies to date, and this is coming from someone who loved IM2

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #136
kedrell

I we ever do indeed get an extended cut with the missing footage, I could easily see this rising in my MCU ranking. At it's heart that's the only thing I truly think is flawed about it. We needed more.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #137
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Thor
Ironman
The Incredible Hulk
Ironman 2

S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #138
Isildurīs Heir
What are you looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ *sigh*

This poll is about Marvel Studios films and Ang Lee's Hulk was NOT a Marvel Studios film.

Oh and there's nothing biased about thiking those films are better than Ang's because most people actually do.
First, my bad, i didnīt saw the Studios part only the Marvel.

Second, i called it biased because there was only 4 options (look at the answer above)

Third, Ang Leeīs Hulk is light years better than any Marvel movie made so far
Was it pefect? No, but i was the only movie that actually understood the character and made a movie about his inner struggle.
There was some diferences with the comic, hence the all "it wasnīt perfect", but when it comes to "what is Hulk", it got it perfectly.
Not many can say the same, not even Nolanīs Batman, which is, imo, the best comic book movie so far (the second, not the first).

Old 05-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #139
Shazam
Side-Kick

Just saw it!! Blown away!!

And he twirled the Hammer!!! Outstanding!!

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #140
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isildurīs Heir View Post
First, my bad, i didnīt saw the Studios part only the Marvel.

Second, i called it biased because there was only 4 options (look at the answer above)

Third, Ang Leeīs Hulk is light years better than any Marvel movie made so far
Was it pefect? No, but i was the only movie that actually understood the character and made a movie about his inner struggle.
There was some diferences with the comic, hence the all "it wasnīt perfect", but when it comes to "what is Hulk", it got it perfectly.
Not many can say the same, not even Nolanīs Batman, which is, imo, the best comic book movie so far (the second, not the first).
There can only be 4 options because there have only been 4 Marvel Studios movies.

It's also a safe bet that Ang Lee's Hulk would not win any poll if it were included.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #141
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Just saw it!! Blown away!!

And he twirled the Hammer!!! Outstanding!!
I'm VERY happy with all the times he did that too.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #142
weezerspider
Side-Kick

After a few days, I still can't vote. I need to see Thor again and , honestly, I need to see all of the other MCU films again to make a fair judgment. I will say that the Odin/Thor/Loki scenes were probably the best drama scenes in the four films and Loki wasn't one dimensional, which is good, but he needed more screen time. Now as far as films based on a Marvel property, regardless of MCU or not, I don't think anything will ever top Spiderman 2 for me.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #143
Blade X
Side-Kick

I saw it and I thought it was great. And yes, it is the best Marvel studio movie that has been put out so far.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #144
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

This is by far the most Epic of Marvel's films. It's Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Superman all rolled up into one film.

I'm not going to vote on this, because as I said, it's a very different film from Iron Man, even though they share the MCU.

But I definitely agree with what Richard Roeper wrote, that it's the most exciting and thrill packed superhero film since Spider-man 2.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #145
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
You obviously get defensive when people dislike IM2 so you pull that "The public liked it" horse****. You don't know what the public likes, just because you and several of your friends liked it, doesn't make it the public.
Quote:
Yeah sure the movie made a decent amount of money, but lets not get into the argument of movies that weren't good making alot of money ad vice versa.
Yeah but if it makes a lot of money then it's fair to say the public liked it.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #146
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

If you ask this question in the Iron Man forum you'd be seeing different results, or if you asked it in a few weeks you'd be seeing different results. I say no. The story did not have the flow or tension of Iron Man. It was a good movie, but Iron Man remains to date Marvel Studios' one GREAT movie.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #147
Heretic
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I think the answer is Iron Man, with Thor a close second.

Thor had SO MUCH more to accomplish, so it rushed several things through (and did a good job of that, in my opinion) while Iron Man had one goal...tell you about Tony Stark and how he became Iron Man. Both movies nailed their characters, and had good humor. Both had slightly underwhelming final battles...but Iron Man simply had less to accomplish...so it could do what it did even better than Thor. Iron Man 2 was a little closer to what Thor had to accomplish plot and character wise, and mostly fell on it's face.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #148
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If you ask this question in the Iron Man forum you'd be seeing different results, or if you asked it in a few weeks you'd be seeing different results. I say no. The story did not have the flow or tension of Iron Man. It was a good movie, but Iron Man remains to date Marvel Studios' one GREAT movie.
No, Thor was a GREAT movie in it's own right. Wheather or not it's better, I'll leave to others. Thor was epic in a way that no other Superhero movie has been since the first Superman movie. It was completely Shakespearian, and it's no wonder that Branagh was drawn to want to direct it.

I was blown away by the scope of the movie, and at the same time amazed when I hear people like you completely miss that, as if you watched a different movie.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 AM   #149
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
First off, I don't think Marvel Studios has put out a bad movie. Sure TIH will probably be the least successful of the bunch, but that's mainly because it had the baggage of Ang's horrible film. I think Marvel screwed up pinning TIH as a pseudo sequel/reboot, rather than just come out and flat out say (this has nothing to do with the other film). They screwed up by initially trying to get Bana and Connelly to come back. They should have never entertained that thought, but they were trying to half appease fans of Ang's film, what few there were.

Having said that TIH is an enjoy to watch every time I veiw it. The Rio rooftop chase was way better than the one in Fast 5, IMO. More action, and a real enemy, no Absorbing Dad. By the way I remember when AICN broke the news of Absorbing Dad, and the Ang lee apologists swore that it was a lie, and said that Talbot was the main villian and it would be Hulk battling the military. Then we got Absorbing Dad, and you didn't hear a peep out of those folks.

Anyway I digress....you can have arguments all day long about which film is better, the fact is every single one of the Marvel Studio films is of the highest quality and taken seriously. No half ass treatment like the Fantastic Four movies. No pissing off the fan base ala Hulk and X3.

Thor fits right in with the MCU films, and it's more than worth the price of admission. Iron Man is my favorite of the bunch, but I'm biased because Iron Man has always been my favorite Marvel character. I've been going by the Tony Stark handle when this site was Spider-man hype! But also because it was the first of the Marvel Studios films, and it was groundbreaking.

I know it drives some people nuts how the continuity connects all these films, but that's exactly what Marvel has been about. It's been done descretely and allowing each of these films to feel like a self contained entity. Downey's cameo in TIH, does not distract from the fact it's a great movie in it's own right. Same can be said of Hawkeye in Thor.
Well said as usual. TIH would be right at the top had they not been afraid of another Ang Lee poorly paced film and simply left some of those deleted scenes we've all seen on the DVD in place. Add about 20 minutes of the Bruce/Betty relationship stuff and all the General Ross/Army fleshing out and TIH is a masterpiece. We NEED a director's cut of that film.

Iron Man is an instant classic and Iron Man 2 followed it quite well. Despite some whining by a few individuals, IM2 delivered the goods.

Thor is as good as most are saying.

I'm honestly having trouble pulling the trigger and voting in this poll. Marvel is four for four with all films hitting 8/10 or above. Congrats to them.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:54 AM   #150
UltimateJustin
The Hype's Black Purist

Other than the first Iron Man, the Marvel Studios efforts don't even feel like movies to me. They are sporadically entertaining commercials for the next down the line. It used to feel like a bigger deal to me when a new hero's world was finally realized on film, and you got to revel in a universe dreamed up for them. Now I practically see the paint dripping off the numbers. I'm in the extreme minority here and I realize most people love this film/Iron Man 2/being dead inside, and I'm sure Thor is going to be a huge success as everyone in my theater enjoyed it and the always interesting same Samuel L. Jackson cameo so if you enjoy these products, my best goes out to you.

Last edited by UltimateJustin; 05-07-2011 at 03:57 AM.
UltimateJustin is offline   Reply With Quote