The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 04-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #26
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Did anyone read the plot summary? Not Sure about Shaw is really Shaw..

Itís a slippery slope. It depends on the liberties being taken, why, and the execution of said liberties. Also, I donít mind people questioning changes to the source material. I do, however, mind people *****ing endlessly about every alteration, as though the movie is suddenly going to be garbage because it isnít a direct copy of the books. I remember fanboys throwing a fit when they first suspected Heath Ledgerís Joker wasnít going to be perma-white and that the character and movie were going to suffer for it. Then the movie came out, and they couldnít have been more wrong.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #27
Nokio
Side-Kick

Default Re: Did anyone read the plot summary? Not Sure about Shaw is really Shaw..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
It’s a slippery slope. It depends on the liberties being taken, why, and the execution of said liberties. Also, I don’t mind people questioning changes to the source material. I do, however, mind people *****ing endlessly about every alteration, as though the movie is suddenly going to be garbage because it isn’t a direct copy of the books. I remember fanboys throwing a fit when they first suspected Heath Ledger’s Joker wasn’t going to be perma-white and that the character and movie were going to suffer for it. Then the movie came out, and they couldn’t have been more wrong.
Well I agree with u but I can say that I've always been kinder to changes made for the big screen, my past posts can back that up. I don't complain as long as it's an actual reason for the change and it makes the source material more adaptable.

I don't mind the flick being called First Class cause in the past u can go and add and make new plot points, especially with Xavier and Mags cause they have a rich history and their youthful years haven't been been fully explored to every detail. I didn't mind the characters of Darwin and Angel being added because these were new creations in the comics with very little history and ties to the Xmen timeline. I know how Sebastian Shaw's mutant ability is supposed to function, but in the movie his power has been tweaked and his power works more like Bishop's absorbing ability. I don't mind that because it appears his energy absorbing ability is still intact and it makes him more visual for the big screen. Mystique is on board, don't mind that. Beast and Banshee are there, don't mind that cause they were always older then the
other Xmen, Banshee even more so. I don't know what other changes that have been done but
I'm fearfully hoping nothing to drastic. Havoc as Scott's dad is already a terrible change. Here's hoping the sources are wrong on that one but it's doubtful.

Last edited by Nokio; 04-30-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Nokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #28
ken smith
Side-Kick

Does anyone have a theory on how they are gonna take down Sebastian Shaw. Originally i was thinking only Professor X can take him down but Sebastian Shaw has a helmet in the movie. Sebastian Shaw powers makes him practically invulnerable

Old 05-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #29
Farren
Side Kicker

Perhaps Shaw will still have ties to the Nazis but not as a doctor in the camps. He's a businessman; maybe he had financial ties to their experimenting or other evil activities.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #30
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
Perhaps Shaw will still have ties to the Nazis but not as a doctor in the camps. He's a businessman; maybe he had financial ties to their experimenting or other evil activities.
Or maybe he was curious to see what kinds of things the Nazis would learn about mutants through their experiments.