The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor

View Poll Results: Which Marvel Studios movie is the best?
THOR 144 45.28%
THE INCREDIBLE HULK 17 5.35%
IRON MAN 144 45.28%
IRON MAN 2 13 4.09%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #226
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,158
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I never got what anyone saw as so special in those films. I usually chalk it up to fan bias(nothing wrong with having a favorite property) or a bit of nostalgia since we now have a bit of space between where we are now and when they came out.
Not really.

As someone who was here when both those movies dropped, both got a lot of love then, and a lot of love now, which is a testament to how good those movies are in comparison to movies that get love when they come out but then are bashed. Not all of us think the newest thing out is the "greatest thing ever". If anything, this thread in particular has fan bias AGAINST SM2 and X2.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #227
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,131
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Thor 2 POTENTIALLY being as good as SM2 or X2 really dosent have anything to do with how Thor compares to SM2 or X2.

Not to mention that first movies can be epic. Many people like Superman: The Movie and Batman in comparison to later sequels. In fact, first movies being better than their sequels was usually the norm back in the day.
I didn't say it did

It's better than X2 in my opinion, it also had alot more to accomplished in it's first film than significantly more "grounded" likes X-Men 1 and Spider-Man 1.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 05-11-2011 at 03:05 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #228
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,158
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It's better than X2 in my opinion, it also had alot more to accomplished in it's first film than significantly more "grounded" X-Men 1 and Spider-Man 1.
No offense, but "accomplishing more" in a movie dosent make it better or worse, neither does being more or less grounded. Superman 1 told three different stories with three different settings in one flick, and most fanboys here would still bash it. And obviously, I disagree with it being better than X2.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #229
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,131
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
No offense, but "accomplishing more" in a movie dosent make it better or worse, neither does being more or less grounded. Superman 1 told three different stories with three different settings in one flick, and most fanboys here would still bash it. And obviously, I disagree with it being better than X2.
Once again, I didn't say it did, but it is an important factor when comparing films. That's only one aspect, but I think it's a good deal better than those two films period.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #230
Zant
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 395
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Nice to see all the bias against the non marvel studios films here

X men 2 and Spiderman 2 have become overrated overnight

Well IMO X2 and Spiderman 2 are still better than the Marvel studios films but only just

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #231
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,307
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
Nice to see all the bias against the non marvel studios films here

X men 2 and Spiderman 2 have become overrated overnight

Well IMO X2 and Spiderman 2 are still better than the Marvel studios films but only just
not overnight. they always were a little overrated. I just came apparent when Marvel Studios made their own movies and raised the bar for Marvel adaptations

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #232
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,868
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
thats great, tony. now ask me if i care.

if i sound harsh...oh well. I've been reading this thread, and you cant seem to stand the fact that people dont think the same way you do.
You were actually the one that stated an opinion as fact. There are tons of people who disagree with you, that's all I am pointing out.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #233
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,038
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
This

X2 is highly overrated in my opinion and Spider-Man 2 is overrated as well, but SM2 is alot closer to being as good as people say it is than X2.

They're both very good cmb films but they're not the "end all be all" of cmb films that people make them out to be.
I think SM2 and IM1 are the only overrated Marvel films is they're both great, but not the masterpieces their fans make them out to be.

If I had to rank ALL Marvel films the best would go:

1. Spider-Man 2: 9.5/10
2. Spider-Man: 9/10
3. Iron Man: 8.5/10
4. X2: 8.5/10
5. X-Men: 8/10


The rest, other than Thor (which I left out to round out at 5), are not all that good or downright suck, in my opinion.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #234
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,158
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Once again, I didn't say it did, but it is an important factor when comparing films. That's only one aspect, but I think it's a good deal better than those two films period.
"I didnt say accomplishing more in a movie or how grounded a movie is makes things better or worse...except when i cite them as a reason for why some movies are better or worse than others."


"I didnt say Thor 2 had anything to do with comparisons between Thor 1 and SM2 and X2....except for when I brought up how Thor 2 could be as epic as SM2 and X2 while debating Thor 1 vs X2 and SM2"

Dosent really make much sense, to be honest. Frankly, it dosent matter whether a sequel is compared to the first film or not. once again, sometimes the first film is better than the second, like Iron Man 1 compared to Iron Man 2. Sometimes the sequel is better, like Spider-Man 2 compared to Spider-Man 1.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #235
Zant
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 395
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I think SM2 and IM1 are the only overrated Marvel films is they're both great, but not the masterpieces their fans make them out to be.

If I had to rank ALL Marvel films the best would go:

1. Spider-Man 2: 9.5/10
2. Spider-Man: 9/10
3. Iron Man: 8.5/10
4. X2: 8.5/10
5. X-Men: 8/10


The rest, other than Thor (which I left out to round out at 5), are not all that good or downright suck, in my opinion.
Nice to see not everyone is bias against non marvel studio films

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #236
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,868
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Not really.

As someone who was here when both those movies dropped, both got a lot of love then, and a lot of love now, which is a testament to how good those movies are in comparison to movies that get love when they come out but then are bashed. Not all of us think the newest thing out is the "greatest thing ever". If anything, this thread in particular has fan bias AGAINST SM2 and X2.
Now that is flat out incorrect, and you can go back and read my posts from then. At the time I thought SM2 was a masterpiece and was far superior to the first movie, which I also thought was very good.

I have both Spider-man 2 and X2 in my best comic book movies catagory and best marvel films, and you can go look.

That doesn't change the fact that X2 was really nothing more than an apology that the first film was a notch above a B-movie.

You have to view each of these movies in the time that they were made. I like the first X-men movie, even though it looks like a low budget B-flick by comparison to a movie like Thor. I give it credit because it really relaunched the comic book movie craze that's been going on ever since. I thought given the budget, they did some smart things in that movie, and it is entertaining.

Iron Man when it came out pushed the bar. It was very different from the standard fair and even the critics saw that. Superhero movies were mostly escapism, but Iron Man was dealing with issues that were very much on the front page of the times, WMD and terrorism.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #237
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,080
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

After the initial opening of X2 & SM2 wore off(say, 2-3 years after release) then many people here on the hype started looking at them with a much more critical eye and they indeed lost quite a bit of the luster they enjoyed when they were first released. Gestalt wears off after a while.

__________________
You know, it occurs to me that Captain America is basically the superhero equivalent of Mary Poppins. Practically perfect in every way and all that stuff.
kedrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #238
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,131
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
"I didnt say accomplishing more in a movie or how grounded a movie is makes things better or worse...except when i cite them as a reason for why some movies are better or worse than others."
I was just stating it as ONE of the things Thor had going for it that the other two didn't, you're took it ENTIRELY out of context.


Quote:
"I didnt say Thor 2 had anything to do with comparisons between Thor 1 and SM2 and X2....except for when I brought up how Thor 2 could be as epic as SM2 and X2 while debating Thor 1 vs X2 and SM2"
No, I said it could be epic, I didn't say "it could be as epic as X2 and SM2"...I was just stating a possibility, I was not "comparing" anything.

Quote:
Dosent really make much sense, to be honest. Frankly, it dosent matter whether a sequel is compared to the first film or not. once again, sometimes the first film is better than the second, like Iron Man 1 compared to Iron Man 2. Sometimes the sequel is better, like Spider-Man 2 compared to Spider-Man 1.
Makes perfect sense to me

Calm down, you're blowing this WAY out of proportion

*shrugs*

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #239
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,158
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
You were actually the one that stated an opinion as fact. There are tons of people who disagree with you, that's all I am pointing out.
LMAO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Anyway I digress....you can have arguments all day long about which film is better, the fact is every single one of the Marvel Studio films is of the highest quality and taken seriously. No half ass treatment like the Fantastic Four movies. No pissing off the fan base ala Hulk and X3.
"You were actually the one that stated an opinion as fact. There are tons of people who disagree with you, that's all I am pointing out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
No, Thor was a GREAT movie in it's own right. Wheather or not it's better, I'll leave to others. Thor was epic in a way that no other Superhero movie has been since the first Superman movie. It was completely Shakespearian, and it's no wonder that Branagh was drawn to want to direct it.

I was blown away by the scope of the movie, and at the same time amazed when I hear people like you completely miss that, as if you watched a different movie.
"You were actually the one that stated an opinion as fact.There are tons of people who disagree with you, that's all I am pointing out"

Stop being a hypocrite. What I posted has no different a tone than your responses to other people in this thread. And I doubt you'd actually admit that you "State opinions as fact", so dont call a tea kettle black when you're the pot.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.

Last edited by The Batman; 05-11-2011 at 04:04 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #240
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,868
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Not that I think RT should be the end all debate, but just as a comparison:

X2 Critics: 88% 7.4/10 Top Critics: 83% 6.9/10 Fan ratings: 84% 3.7/5

SM2 Critics 93% 8.2/10 Top Critics: 95% 8.1/10 Fan ratings: 81% 3.5/5

SM1 Critics 89% 7.6/10 Top Critics: 83% 7.1/10 Fan ratings: 65% 3.3/5

IM1 Critics: 94% 7.6/10 Top Critics: 93% 7.6/10 Fan ratings: 91% 4.2/5

Thor Critics: 79% 6.7/10 Top Critics: 66% 6.5./10 Fan ratings: 83% 4/5

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #241
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,868
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
LMAO:



"You were actually the one that stated an opinion as fact. There are tons of people who disagree with you, that's all I am pointing out"



"You were actually the one that stated an opinion as fact.There are tons of people who disagree with you, that's all I am pointing out"

Stop being a hypocrite. What I posted has no different a tone than your responses to other people in this thread. And I doubt you'd actually admit that you "State opinions as fact", so dont call a tea kettle black when you're the pot.

I'm not getting into a flame war with you. You did this last year as well.

I should also point out to others that you were the one that right after SM2 was released went on the SM forums and said a year in advance that Batman Begins was going to blow SM2 out of the water and would be better than it could ever hope to be.

You're pretty lucky they didn't archive those old posts.


Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-11-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #242
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,158
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I was just stating it as ONE of the things Thor had going for it that the other two didn't, you're took it ENTIRELY out of context.
Not really. If you're using that as a detail that makes SM or XM less better than Thor, than my statement still stands. It dosent matter if its the main reason or just one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
No, I said it could be epic, I didn't say "it could be as epic as X2 and SM2"...I was just stating a possibility, I was not "comparing" anything.
Ok.






Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Calm down, you're blowing this WAY out of proportion

*shrugs*
I'm calm.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #243
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,158
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I'm not getting into a flame war with you. You did this last year as well.
What, defended myself when you came in trying to bash me? If you didnt want me to respond to you then or now, dont address me....especially with BS like "you post your opinion as fact", when YOU'RE the one who does it to other people. Notice that I did not address you in this thread until you responded to me, so stop trying to make me look like some troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I should also point out to others that you were the one that right after SM2 was released went on the SM forums and said a year in advance that Batman Begins was going to blow SM2 out of the water and would be better than it could ever hope to be.

You're pretty lucky they didn't archive those old posts.
See, I dont remember making a post like that, and its funny that you bring that up, yet have no proof that i actually said it, though its possible i may've. Even still...what does that have to do with this thread?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.

Last edited by The Batman; 05-11-2011 at 04:23 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #244
Zant
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 395
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
After the initial opening of X2 & SM2 wore off(say, 2-3 years after release) then many people here on the hype started looking at them with a much more critical eye and they indeed lost quite a bit of the luster they enjoyed when they were first released. Gestalt wears off after a while.
The same will happen to the marvel studio movies right? or will the bias not let that happen

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #245
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,080
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
The same will happen to the marvel studio movies right? or will the bias not let that happen
possibly. In such matters, time is the only true test.

__________________
You know, it occurs to me that Captain America is basically the superhero equivalent of Mary Poppins. Practically perfect in every way and all that stuff.
kedrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #246
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,868
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
thats great, tony. now ask me if i care.
That's how you defend yourself? Try having a conversation with someone. You came in here to bash Thor. OK fine, but you don't come in here and expect people to not respond to that, who did like the movie.

And yeah you did make that post, wheather you remember it or not. When you write stuff like that you do make a reputation for yourself. Anyway that was 7 years ago, so no need to rehash all that.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #247
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,868
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
The same will happen to the marvel studio movies right? or will the bias not let that happen
The truth is, 90% of movies made, do not stand the test of time. I still like Rami's Spider-man films, even Spider-man 3 to some extent, it's just a little flawed that's all. I could say the same of the Superman movies, execpt I cannot watch 3 and 4, just like I can't watch Batman Returns, Forever, and Batman and Robin. Those movies are jokes and can't be taken seriously.

I'm glad Raimi made those films and same for Singer and the X-men films. I don't think they are near as good as Iron Man, but at least SM2 and X2 are probably better than TIH, although I enjoy TIH much more.

In general I think the Marvel Studios movies have had better acting, and have been taken more seriously than the other Marvel films made by partner studios.

I'm very much looking forward to X-men first class, and think it could be one of the best X-men films, however they also may have gone to the well one too many times. We'll see.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #248
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,038
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
After the initial opening of X2 & SM2 wore off(say, 2-3 years after release) then many people here on the hype started looking at them with a much more critical eye and they indeed lost quite a bit of the luster they enjoyed when they were first released. Gestalt wears off after a while.
What you just described is they lost their "newness." So has IM1 and TIH. One day Thor will lose it too. It probably doesn't help that most people on this board watch these films way more than intended. They're mean to be broad entertainments. Sometimes they are made sharply and intelligently by filmmakers who want to make a good movie (Sam Raimi, Bryan Singer, Jon Favreau, Kenneth Branagh), but with the exception of Christopher Nolan, few have attempted to make thematically dense cinema. In short: watching something like X2, Spider-Man 2 or Thor a lot leads to tedious predictability because they're not films meant for you to gain something with each viewing. The're meant to excite and impress on first and second viewing...not 20th.

In that context, Thor will fall to the same fate as you said of SM2 and X2. But the first two Raimi and Singer efforts hold up as very good movies. That is not hte case for half of Marvel Studio's efforts (TIH and IM2), while the other half I feel have glaring weaknesses on their first viewings. Iron Man is a boring film to me these days. I just don't watch it a lot and can keep my high opinion of it succeeding at what it aimed to be....a fun escapist popcorn movie. A good one. Albeit, SM2 (and, imo, SM1) did it better.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #249
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,131
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Not really. If you're using that as a detail that makes SM or XM less better than Thor, than my statement still stands. It dosent matter if its the main reason or just one.
My comment still stands as well, that is an aspect that should be taken into consideration when comparing films.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #250
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,158
Default Re: Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
That's how you defend yourself? Try having a conversation with someone. You came in here to bash Thor. OK fine, but you don't come in here and expect people to not respond to that, who did like the movie.

And yeah you did make that post, wheather you remember it or not. When you write stuff like that you do make a reputation for yourself. Anyway that was 7 years ago, so no need to rehash all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
That's how you defend yourself? Try having a conversation with someone. You came in here to bash Thor. OK fine, but you don't come in here and expect people to not respond to that, who did like the movie.

And yeah you did make that post, wheather you remember it or not. When you write stuff like that you do make a reputation for yourself. Anyway that was 7 years ago, so no need to rehash all that.
I don't think you understand.

My problem is not that I dont want conversation. I've talked to BigThor on the subject of Thor in comparison to other marvel films.

My problem is that I do not want to talk to you. My flippant response to you is based on the fact that every time we do have a conversation, it does not end well, not to mention your responses to other people in this thread when they say something you disagree with. You may think its appropriate, I do not. You said something about reputation...well, it's just as fitting for you as it is for me.

"You're trying to bash Thor!" Is exactly what I'm talking about. I gave this movie an 8/10 in the review thread. But now cause I'm not saying its "great", I'm trying to bash it? This is why I do not wish to deal with you. Also, if someone like C. Lee came in and said I made a post 7 years ago about BB and SM2, I would believe him wholeheartedly. You, I do not believe, as this is just another attempt to discredit me. Again, reputation. And its not that I dont want to have dialogue. If that were true, I wouldnt respond to BigThor at all. I just don't want to have conversation with you, simple as that. Now, I will apologize for my first response to you. I should've just ignored you to begin with.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.

Last edited by The Batman; 05-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.