The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #201
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Default Re: Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe - Part 1

LMAO!!!!

Question.... how are SGU, Smallville & the 60's Mission impossible connected??

Old 05-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #202
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Question.... how are SGU, Smallville & the 60's Mission impossible connected??
Easy question for me

GrandFather

Greg Morris from "Mission Impossible"

Son of Greg Morris

Phil Morris's(Martian Manhunter)

Jamil Walker Smith is Phil Morris's son

Jamil looks alot like his grandfather

Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:38 AM   #203
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

That he does.... i was messing about with a friend on twitter last night and sent them a youtube link of the MI theme... first thing she said was 'Doesn't that guy look like Greer'

A bit of googling later.... and i found out the family link.... Good acting family there i see LOL

Old 05-13-2011, 04:41 AM   #204
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Jamil looks alot like his grandfather
It's almost creepy:

Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #205
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Man first Steven Moffat brings the hammer down on Who fans and now Joe Mallozzi responds to the F the french scene in SGU's finale

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ght-have-been/
Quote:

MG writes: “It’s said that a picture speaks a thousand words.. I am hoping you have something with which to counter to the following…”

Answer: I put your comment in moderation because I suspected this was faked. Unfortunately, I don’t have an HD copy of the episode with me in Toronto and the versions I accessed online are too dark. I sent word back West for what I believed would be proof discrediting the still. After all, I figured, would someone be so stupid/ignorant to do something like this and think no one would eventually notice? Well, it pains me to report that it isn’t a fake. And so, as one of the show’s Exec. Producers and the one on the front lines of the internet, it falls on me to offer an apology to all of our French fans who have been nothing short of fantastic in their support of the franchise. I am, and you’ll excuse me as I go off here, mighty pissed-off as, not only someone who has appreciated the French support our show and this blog have enjoyed over the years, but someone who grew up in Montreal, a multicultural and bilingual city, speaking French from fourth grade on.
How the hell did we miss it? No excuses. I don’t know. In the past, certain things have gotten past us. There was the infamous Snickers bar in SGA’s The Ark. There was the boom mike in SGU’s Space. And, most memorable of all, was the camera operator in the SGA season four premiere that we only noticed during the Day 2 mix – and only because eagle-eyed Martin Gero was the one to suddenly notice – in the opening scene, a bunch of medical equipment sweeps by followed by Weir on the gurney and, finally the camera operator bringing up the rear! In the case of this incident, we missed it and I’m sorry. Paul suspects that the reason it got by everyone is that the shot is actually a visual effect and that, whenever we watched it, rather than taking in other aspects of the room, we were focusing on the set extension behind the approaching Chloe to make sure it worked – thereby missing what was right in front of us.
Yes, I’m pissed-off and also extremely disappointed that: a) fans were offended and b) this taints an otherwise noteworthy episode. At present, I have no idea who was responsible but, in the event the guilty party frequents this blog (or someone who knows the guilty party frequents this blog and would be kind enough to pass this along), I’d like to say: “Seriously? The ****ing series finale? Thanks a lot, douchebag.”
Executive Producers are coming out in force

Old 05-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #206
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

best thing to say really....

Old 05-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #207
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Woah! Never knew about Jamil Walker Smith and Phil Morris being related! And I watch both shows!

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #208
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Since NBC's "The Event" was cancelled, there's serious talks of Netflix picking it up and broadcasting it from their service as original programming.

We know MGM is broke. I wonder if they're willing to rent the rights out to the SG franchise to Netflix, if not outright sell it. It doesn't have to be SGU (though I'd hope), but at least some kind of continuation of the franchise.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #209
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

it would be cool if the franchise can continue somewhere....

I have to say though.. ****ing lethal out there atm for shows.... just seeing AXED! AXED! AXED! all over the place today....

Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #210
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Well, this is kind of weird. Because two years ago at Comic-Con, he was asked what it was like to be Phil's son and Greg's grandson.

...and he said he wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #211
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
I have to say though.. ****ing lethal out there atm for shows.... just seeing AXED! AXED! AXED! all over the place today....
It was definitely a rough week for shows & the only two that may come back in some form are Breaking In & The Event

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #212
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Well, this is kind of weird. Because two years ago at Comic-Con, he was asked what it was like to be Phil's son and Greg's grandson.

...and he said he wasn't.
He's a bit of a joker.... met him last year myself... Crazy dude LOL he was probably just messing....

Old 05-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #213
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Well, the way he said it didn't come out as a joke.

The guy asked him what it was like coming from such a show business family.

And he said something along the lines of "What I don't like is when people say untrue things about me. Things like being the grandson of Greg Morris, and son of Phil Morris. I'm neither."

If it was a joke, everyone in the audience believed him because they gave the question asker a bit of grief

Quote:
Old 05-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #214
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Jeebus.

I finally got around to checking out the sgusucks forums. I stumbled upon it while I was googling something about the show.

What a bunch of uber-retarded fanboys they have in there. They actually have a 90-page thread of celebration that started when the news about SGU's cancellation came about. They were also harping about how awesome SGA was and this was their payback [to the same ****ing people that gave them 15+ years of Stargate, mind you] for taking away their beloved SGA.

Seriously?

Personally, I'd take season 1.5+ of SGU over all 5 seasons of SGA. And this is coming from someone that started with the movie, and watched all of SG1 even on Showtime all those years ago.

I can't go back to those forums. I start feeling the need to hack their servers somehow.

EDIT: Forgot the part about how they are actually GLAD that the possible SG1/A crossover movie with SGU is to never be...because "it'll mostly be about SGU with SG1/A as cameos only."

Last edited by carrrnuttt; 05-13-2011 at 06:55 PM.
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #215
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

I wonder how long it'll take them to start complaining about how's there's no more SG stuff on tv.

Maybe if you didn't ****ing abandon the franchise you supposedly loved so much!

Quote:
Old 05-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #216
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

The site/forum is supposed to be "SciFi Nexus" right?

I just checked their other show forums out. Get this: They have a massive amount of threads with massive responses in their SGU forum (which is the official forum of sgusucks, powered by SciFi nexus).

I checked out their other show forums, especially Fringe. They have a dedicated forum, yah...but it has two threads in it, one with 52 responses, and a second thread with 4 responses. So their single "I am happy SGU is cancelled" thread has more activity than their whole Fringe forum!

But hey. I guess they know their Sci-Fi, right?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #217
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post

But hey. I guess they know their Sci-Fi, right?
Everyone knows you can't have a science fiction show without really long winded techno babble, space battles and gun fights. Anything else like character drama = soap opera.

I really liked SGU, sad to see it go. As for the finale, all things considered it was nice bittersweet way for the show to end, hopefully they'll be able to do a comic book continuation, to give the story some finality.

As messed up as it is to say, my favorite moment from the series was the euthanization scene with Young and Riley. Probably the best acted and most brutal scene in any of the Stargate shows.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:54 AM   #218
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Jeebus.

I finally got around to checking out the sgusucks forums. I stumbled upon it while I was googling something about the show.

What a bunch of uber-retarded fanboys they have in there. They actually have a 90-page thread of celebration that started when the news about SGU's cancellation came about. They were also harping about how awesome SGA was and this was their payback [to the same ****ing people that gave them 15+ years of Stargate, mind you] for taking away their beloved SGA.

Seriously?

Personally, I'd take season 1.5+ of SGU over all 5 seasons of SGA. And this is coming from someone that started with the movie, and watched all of SG1 even on Showtime all those years ago.

I can't go back to those forums. I start feeling the need to hack their servers somehow.

EDIT: Forgot the part about how they are actually GLAD that the possible SG1/A crossover movie with SGU is to never be...because "it'll mostly be about SGU with SG1/A as cameos only."
I HATE fanboys with a passion. I'm on gametrailers.com and the fanboy rage on there between the consoles is ridiculous. Luckily, you get some sane peeps.

But yeah man, SGA was just SG-1. For me, SGU was quite similar in some respects to early SG-1. Later SG-1 and SGA became more action comedy to some degree.

Early SG-1 and SGU seemed more about the drama and sci-fi. But all are great shows. It's a shame SGU got cancelled WAY before it's time. It makes it worse that they didn't get one more season at keast to give it a proper wrap up.

But yeah, screw those idiots.

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #219
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
As messed up as it is to say, my favorite moment from the series was the euthanization scene with Young and Riley. Probably the best acted and most brutal scene in any of the Stargate shows.
Yeah. I didn't really think they'd go there, but I'm glad they did, in the sense that that's something that made the dangers of their situation very real to us viewers. I also love that that act continued to torture Young all the way to the end, and not forgotten for some two-bit comedy as it would have in SGA.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:18 AM   #220
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Yeah. I didn't really think they'd go there, but I'm glad they did, in the sense that that's something that made the dangers of their situation very real to us viewers. I also love that that act continued to torture Young all the way to the end, and not forgotten for some two-bit comedy as it would have in SGA.
Agreed. For me, Later SG-1 and SGA was more about the comedy then the drama IMO. Though SGA had some cracking moments. But SGU was the most dramatic and 'real' of the shows.

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #221
Siby
Side-Kick

Quote:
sgusucks forums
It's weird that there is a forum to just complain about a television show. That just sounds like such a waste of time.

Siby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #222
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siby View Post
It's weird that there is a forum to just complain about a television show. That just sounds like such a waste of time.
They're fanboys, they have nothing but time to waste.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #223
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

SyFy response to the cancellation

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...ans-from-syfy/

A few of the points covered:

Quote:
The erratic scheduling killed SGU:
We started the show on Fridays where we’ve had the most success and where it initially did well, and we left it there until it started struggling. When it was clear the show had fallen to unsustainable levels and would not survive on Fridays, only then did we move it to the night where our highest rated show of all time had recently aired.

The hiatus killed SGU:
As you can see from the ratings above, the biggest drop in viewers came before the hiatus, not after. In fact, SGU actually grew around 10% after the hiatus between season 1.0 and 1.5 in its first two episodes back.
If you’d left it on Friday nights, it would have done well:
When left on Friday nights SGU lost 1/3 of its audience and dropped to consistently unsustainable ratings levels. The only hope of keeping it was to move it to another night where new viewers could find it.
You canceled SGU because you hate science fiction:

If we didn’t like science fiction we simply wouldn’t have made SGU. It’s because we like science fiction that we tried it. Even though SGU was ultimately unsuccessful, we don’t regret trying it. Science fiction shows are the backbone and lifeblood of our network, and we have many in development. Later this year we’ll be debuting Alphas, the Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome pilot is being worked on as you read this, the movie Red Faction starring Stargate Universe‘s Brian Jacob Smith will air next month, 5 of our original dramas will return with new seasons or new episodes this year, and we’re working on many more behind the scenes.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #224
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Sorry... but i will never trust another show on that channel...whatever the **** they say...

Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #225
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

only then did we move it to the night where our highest rated show of all time had recently aired.

They forgot to mention that those shows aired in the summer, which meant they had less competition to deal with. But hey, whatever.