The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #101
Anubis
Sup?

Default Re: "This movie does not feel X-Men"

People need to just do what I do. See it as an alternate universe from the comics. Lord knows there's been plenty of that s**t to go around with the X-Men.

Age of the Foxoverse or whatever.

Point is, get, the f**k, over it.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #102
Zelkar
Side-Kick

From what Ive read in previews I think its more than just making Alex a different age from what ive read the yare making him Scotts Father which might not even be true because ive just read about it but if it is That is really dumb to me.

Given the Choice I would defenitly make it a Reboot but If I had to keep it in the previous Movies Continuity I wouldn't Start right off the bat with the First Class I would, as I think they are doing with this make it a Trilogy.

I would just follow the core Origin storylines the origins are so similar in some of the different series theres minor differences you can actually combine them to make it more interesting. obviously you could expand on the events, as long as you dont take anything away from it you can always expand and add to it to make it interesting.

I wouldnt even touch the Xmen untill the 3rd movie, its not possible at least i havnt thought of a way to do a proper origin story while still following the other Movies continuity it would HAVE to be a reboot which is what they should have done, you could save the continuity for Prof X and Magnetos story but once you got the point of them creating the Xmen and Brotherhood the Continuity wouldnt hold the previous movies would ruin any accurate origin of the XMen, you HAVE to disregard it.

If im making the Origin of the Xmen I would start at the Beginning. I Really like the idea of a movie focusing on Professor X and Magneto and seeing where they came from and how it led to the creation of the Xmen and the Brother Hood of Evil Mutants. I wouldnt make it all cluttered with those 2 plus all the other Xmen and cold war and everything thats going on.

The first movie would just be a Focus on Professor X and Magneto it would show there parralel lives at different ages. So you would Have Charles as a child dealing with his fathers Death, his mom marrying his fathers Friend/Partner, them moving into a new home and him gaining a Step Brother. I would put alot of focus into the relationship of Charles and Cain because i always thought that it sort of resembles the relationship between Charles and Max.

Cain picking on Charles because his father prefers him and then the beatings he would get from his father, Charles feeling Cains pain, trying to help him, but also trying to deal with his manifesting powers.

Then you see Max being born, how proud his parents are, his father trying to teach him about honor and respect, using his accomplishments in WW1 to instruct his son, to help him become a good man but also trying to teach him how to handle discrimination while trying to deal with it himself.

His parents hiding there worries from Max, trying not to make him uneasy but them trying to figure out what there going to do with the Nazis getting more popular every day.

Flash back to Charles, His Mother being neglected and his parents fighting his mom turning to alcohol and eventually dying. The Tension between him and his stepbrother finally boil over and they have a fight in there fathers lab, they accidentally damage some of the equipment and Kurt comes in to stop it but is caught in the blast. With his last bit of strength that he can muster he drags the boys to safety but dies from his wounds shortly after.

Back to Max, Germany has invaded, they are captured and rounded up into a ghetto, they try to escape but are caught and his Mother, father and sister are executed, Max survives do to his powers manifesting from the stress, it Overwhelms him and he passes out. The Nazis shove him and his family into a Mass Grave like garbage, Max wakes up in blackness and the taste of blood, he claws his way out, the Nazis not sure what just happened round him up and ship him off to Auschwitz.

he is eventually made part of the Special Unit, the Jew slaves made to Dispose of there dead counterparts but he is able to use this slightly higher status to help out the other prisoners he eventually meets his childhood friend magda and helps to protect her as well he falls in love with her and spends the next few years doing what hes ordered to do as a Sonderkomando while still trying to help out the other prisoners and save as many as he can.

Back to Charles, he is in Highschool, hes learned to have more control over his powers but is also going bald because of it he endures more teasing and name calling but soon he develops great athletic ability as well as mental prowess which helps make him more accepted. he realizes his abilities give him an unfair advantage and stops his athletic competitions. He graduates early and is accepted on a scholarship into Oxford.

Back to Max, late in the war there is an uprising at Auschwitz and with the help of his fellow inmates who hes helpt keep alive the past few years he is able to subdue a gaurd and escape with Magda and flee to the Ukraine, he creates a new persona for himself and calls himself Magnus, he marries magda and he finds work as a carpenter.

Charles is now 16 or 17 and is finishing University he meets a girl, Moira he instantly falls in love with her but they are just friends at first, she has a boyfriend they talk alot and hang out, they connect on an intellectual level and she starts to have romantic feelings for him as well, He is introduced to her boyfriend who immidiatly hates Charles because of his intellect.

Charles wants to make nice with him but its very difficult because her boyfriend feels threatened but hides it with showing he is physically superior and how hes more disciplined and how Charles isnt a real man. Moira and her boyfriend get into an accident and Charles is there for her and she realizes that she loves Charles and not Joe, she leaves him but Joe is furious and still looks down on charles even more.

Charles then gets drafted to the Army right after College and he takes it as a sign that maybe he can show Joe that he is his equal.

Back to the Ukraine Magnus now has a decent home and his wife is 9 months pregnant with there child. They are sitting at home having a nice evening and she starts to have contractions and is going into labor. He calls a doctor and the doctor immediately rushes over to check on her, she is to far along to move her to a hospital so they set up a makeshift delivery room there in the bedroom and she begins to have the baby, they finally completete the delivery and Magnus holds the baby gentle in his arms and is overcome with Joy, all the bad memories all the negative feelings melt away from the warmth of the love he feels for his child.

Back to Charles he is on a Plane to Korea, they land and he is assigned to his unit and is reunited with his step brother Cain whom he has not seen in years. They do not bicker and fight as they did before but they are not close, infact Caine still ahtes him they shake hands and act just as if they were 2 soldiers in the same unit. They go on several Missions together and Charles becomes very proficient at search and rescue due to his powers.

They are assigned a mission behind enemy lines to rescue a ViP that Intelligence thinks is being held in a cave network. They make it through the bulk of the enemy and are in the woods near the reported location when they are ambushed by a korean scouting party, they come under heavy fire with no backup up to this point Charles has tried to make amends with his step brother but Cain is resistant, he still resents Charles. Cain isnt doing anything he has froze up, Charles tries to take charge and get them out alive he lays down covering fire and tells Cain to go, move to next cover and cover him so they can get out of there.

Cain just deserts him, he takes off running after reaching the cover, leaving Charles to die by the Koreans gunfire. Charles is shocked and hurt, he knew things weren't perfect but he had no idea his step brother would leave him to die like this. Charles uses his Mental abilities to stun the attackers and he runs off after Cain hoping to talk some sense into him.

He catches up with him hoping to convince him to return with him to there Unit so he doesnt get branded a Deserter and Traitor he catches up to him running towards a faint light inside a cave which is actually the supposed location of the ViP.

He finally catches up to him and Cain is holding an amulet he hears Cain talking to it but cant make out what is being said, he attempts to talk to Cain, he notices hyroglyphics on the walls and loosely translates them to be warnings of this amulets powers he tries to reach out and pull him away, tries to talk some sense into him but he cant He yells at Cain to come with him but he doesnt listen, Cain grabs the amulet and is instantly covered in some kind of energy and Charles witnesses him transform into the juggernaut, the cave starts to collapse and Charles yells and Cain to come with him to get out the place its coming down but Cain cant hear him, Charles just barely dodging giant rocks makes it out before the whole cave collapses, sealing his brother inside, presumably dead, buried with his treasure. Charles just sits down outside staring blankly into an abyss reflecting on what just happened, reflecting on what he just saw his StepBrother transform into.

Back in the Ukraine its been about 2 years since the birth of his daughter, Magnus just took a new job, he finished his Carpenter training and was offered a position at a construction project. He eats his breakfast, kisses his wife and daughter, his wife wishes him good luck and tells him how proud she is of him and he heads out for his first day.

He completes his work, creating frames and supports and such for the building project and as he was told to do goes and sees the foreman at the end of the day for his pay. The foreman takes a cut of his pay saying its a fee for allowing magnus to work here, Magnus thinks of his family and how tough things already are he wants to lash out but he knows if he gets fired things will be worse so he calmly tells the foreman thats unfair, thats his money, he earned it. The foreman tells him to shut up and deal with it or hes fired. Magnus shuts up and swallows his anger and frustration. Suddenly his powers manifest themselves again and they pick up a tool and throw it at the foreman.

The foreman out of fear and confusion gives magnus all the money he owed him and Magnus heads home to see his family.

He comes home to a blazing fire, sirens right behind him, a mob gathering around, he runs into the burning house and searches frantically for his family, he finds his wife in the hallway almost passed out from smoke inhalation trying desperatly to find her daughter he picks her up and tries to make his way outside but the house is burning all around him, pieces falling everywhere, the stairs above them collapse and without thinking, acting on pure instinct and emotion Magnus somehow creates a bubble of magnetic energy to shield them he finally makes it through the burning rubble and outside, the fire department has now arrived and there is a giant mob gathered.

He lays her on the ground and makes sure she is still alive, he thinks the fire department will take care of her from here, he tries to run back inside but he is stopped by some of the townspeople and policemen. He turns around and sees his daughter in the window, her room full of flames. he gathers himself and hopes his power will manifest itself again because he is going in, but the police grab him it takes 5 men but they hold him back and he sees his boss, the foreman coming up just laughing and taunting him he yeels and pleads for the police to let him go but they don't they are working for the foreman.

They have him on his knees he is still frantically trying to break free, he looks up to see his daughter starting to climb out the window, he pleads with everyone around him to please save his daughter but no one listens, the foreman just keeps taunting and the police just watch. all of a sudden there is a backdraft and his daughter is engulfed in flames and she falls out the window on fire.

Magnus Loses it, something happens inside him he feels a power unlike anything hes ever felt, hes filled with rage and sorrow and guilt and he explodes with pure magnetic energy and kills every single person around him except magda. She is horrified at what just happened she tells him what just happened? you killed all those people what was that? He tells her they killed there daughter, they deserved it, he tried to help but they wouldnt let him.

Magda freaks out and calls him a demon or Monster and runs away, Magnus was to weak to chase her, he lays there crying, trying to regain some strength his lifeforce finally returns to him and he grabs his daughters burnt body and leaves just minutes before more police show up.

He finds a clearing in a field or on a hill and he buries his daughter, all those bad memories and negative feelings come surging back as the feeling of Joy and wonderment are obliterated from his psyche.

Magnus spends the next few months on the run, trying to find magda but the police eventually catch up to him and draw there weapons, ordering him to surrender for the murder of the people he killed. Now in full control of his powers and filled with rage for humanity, after the holocaust, after all the atrocities after his daughter he loathes humanity, he turns there weapons against them and kills every last one of them.

He makes his way to a shady town where he finds a blackmarket forger who creates him a new Identity, Erik Lehnsherr and he is told of a Clinic in Israel that helps holocaust victims so he decides to go there, He may hate humanity but he feels for his fellow holocaust survivors.

Back to Korea Charles is finishing his tour of duty he is back with his unit, hes resting in his bunk, the mail comes there is a letter from Moira he is excited but the news is not good, she wants to break up because she is getting back with joe, he wonders how this happened, what did he do wrong? what did joe do right?

After his tour was finished he was in pieces he decides to travel, he goes to egypt where he sight sees, tries to forget about moira and meets Ororo Munroe who tries to pickpocket him, he uses his powers to stop her but when hes inside her mind he notices someting different about her, her mind is very unusual, as hes trying to learn more about her he feels a pounding in his head and a voice, something hes never felt before, someone is in HIS head, he tracks the intrusion back to a bar. and meets the Shadow King, Amahl Farouk who is posing as a powerful crimelord in Cairo.

Charles was Intrigued, this was the first mutant that he has met, and his powers were similar to his own, he wonders how many like him are there? do they all have the same powers? He quickly learns that Amahl Farouk is an evil man and is Way more experienced with the mental powers than he is. the Shadow King tries to make an alliance with Charles, tries to get him to join him to prey on the weak, to be rich and powerful. Charles is strong and will not join him so the Crimelord rips out Charles Consciousness and they have a mental battle over there bodies, Charles is on the verge of defeat, the Shadow King is very powerful, but he summons the strength and channels all of his mental power into 1 large blast and apparently obliterates the shadow kings Consciousness. He returns to his body weak and almost dying.

He thinks if this Mutant could do this to him with all of his mental strength, what could the shadow king have done to a human? and what if Humanity knew about Amahl Farouk they would stereotype all mutants int obeing evil monsters so he decides he will make it his lifes work to protect humans from Evil Mutants and to keep the Peace between Humanity and Mutants, and to make sure Mutants are never oppressed.

He then makes his way to Israel where he has heard of an old friend from college has started a clinic for holocaust victims he wants to help anyway he can. He arrives in The Clinic, he meets his old friend, they hug and shake hands and he is shown around, he meets all the patients, talks to the people and then he is shown one Holocaust survivor who has went Catatonic, Gabrielle Haller and he is intrigued.

They are walking down the hall and there is an orderly assisting a crippled patient, the Doctor Introduces the Orderly as Erik and explains that Erik himself survived the holocaust and is now helping out. Charles walks up to him, Erik turns around and they shake hands and he says something like Hello Erik I am charles, very charmed to meet you.

And thats where the first Film would End.

Zelkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #103
Anubis
Sup?

Honestly, nobodies gonna read all that.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #104
Zelkar
Side-Kick

I realize that was a HUGE post lol but i couldnt simplify it anymore, the Origin Needs to be complex the first movie has to be really story driven, then in the second and third you can move onto more action and such.

The second movie would focus on Erik and Charles relationship, them becoming friends, there discussions about philosophy and mutants and humanity. Charles woudl bring Gaby out of the Coma and them revealing there powers to each other, Most of the movie would be them Battling Baron Von Strucker and HYDRA.

so its pretty self explanitory, I would have them after the battle realize how diffrnt there views are and they would go seperate ways with Magneto stealing the Nazi gold and Charles going to America to start his school.

Charles would be traveling on his way to America and meet Lucifer who cripples him, I dont think i would write him as an alien just because that migh be to much to add to everything, maybe leave him unexplained, let the Fans decide or somehing.

The third movie would focus on the creation of the Xmen and Magnetos early attacks, Charles recruiting each Original Member and training them to use there powers.

It would culminate with them battling magneto when he attacks Cape Citadel, they defeat him and then I think it would probably end with Magneto rebuilding his strength and starting to recruit his own team, The brotherhood. The Xmen back at there base, resting, relaxing then maybe Have Juggernaut show up and attack and leave it as a cliffhanger or something for a future sequel.

Thats my idea anyway, someone asked so i did it lol. Yea it doesnt keep the movies Continuity but as i said i dont think its possible to do a proper Xmen First class while keeping the Other movies Continuity.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 AM   #105
Zelkar
Side-Kick

Yea i realize no one will read it lol, but someone asked my Idea and that is it so meh.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #106
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Dude, either just get over it or don't go to see the movie if it's going to annoy you this much. Yes, the film version of the X-Men are different from the comic book versions, that doesn't erase the comic books from existence.

Again, get over it, channel this energy into something productive.

Last edited by S. Grundy; 05-18-2011 at 03:59 PM.
S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #107
BMM
Side-Kick

No offense, but this is the kind of thing that makes people dismiss fanboy opinions so easily. We complain and complain and complain about faithfulness, and how these movies suffer because of a lack of it, and then, when asked our suggestions, we come up with something unrealistic. It takes studios 2-3 years to make one of these movies and you just spent 4-6 of them leaving X-Men fans with little more than Xavier and Magneto growing up in foreign countries. Your first movie only has 3 mutants in it and no main villain. Your sequel has Xavier and Magneto fighting Baron Von Strucker and HYDRA, who most people probably don’t even recognize as X-Men villains. These movies have to compete with the likes of DC and Marvel’s action packed heavy hitters, like the Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc (not to mention every other studio tentpole). I think your franchise would be DOA and, if people think First Class doesn’t feel like an X-Men movie due to its roster, there is no way they would think those movies feel like X-Men movies, no matter how faithful they are.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:23 AM   #108
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

Well the thing is that it wouldn't work as movies but it probably would as a highly funded TV series(Game of Thrones, Rome level big budget TV series). And I am inclined to agree there. The main draw back that movies have is that they are compressed and there isn't enough time to explore a large mythos. You kinda have to cherry pick the best stuff and leave out the rest.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:47 AM   #109
Cheshire1996
Side-Kick

In comic series you have a lot more space in that sense. In movies you have a max of around three hours, and not a lot of films get past the two and a half hour mark.

From the footage that has been released there do appear to be a few flashbacks though...certainly for both Mystique and Magneto.

I think regardless of whether people think they should have stuck with the original team it'll be a good movie and the characters will all be well portrayed.

Cheshire1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:12 AM   #110
Zelkar
Side-Kick

But see I would Gladly pay to see that movie of them growing up in foreign countries, with only 3 mutants. the movie is supposed to be the origin of Professor X, magneto and the Xmen. Theres not really much you can change, it Happened how it happened, you change it and its not the same thing anymore..

I just think if your not gonna do it properly, don't do it at all.

Maybe they should turn it into a TV series or something. I could see that working. I don't know. I just know I don't like what they're doing.

Meh, Im over it now, all this ranting helped. Ill still go see it and hope its not as bad as it looks, My expectations couldnt be any lower so I can only be Surprised in a good way right?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #111
insane polaris
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkar View Post
Yea i realize no one will read it lol, but someone asked my Idea and that is it so meh.
Haha I read it, and its very well written.

I like how different each of their lives were. It shows why they are the way they are. But I managed to guess the rest of the plot before reading it, because it is straight from the comics.

and like someone else said theres no main goal in the film. But i suppose your trilogy would have to be seen as one long film I.E LOTR.

I really liked reading your thoughts, it would be more a period war drama, with people who happen to have powers, not an X-men film... but I could see it being a TV Series.

Like how Smallville has led upto showing Superman, this could lead upto showing the x-men in full glory.

insane polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #112
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

I sure hope they wouldn't go the cheap, drawn out way that Smallville went. I'd say get it as a limited series on a premium channel with probably only 12-13 episodes per season so that each episode can get the necessary $ to make it look good. Still that would give you a story telling time in the 1st season what it'd take 5 movies or more to achieve. The only question is if it would make sense from a profitability standpoint.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #113
Zelkar
Side-Kick

I think so, if its filmed properly it would attract more than just comic book fans with all the family drama and the holocaust and like the korean war and everything, and then once it moves on to Israel and eventually to america and the Xmen are created then have it really character based, really flushing out all the Xmen Characters, showing who they are, what there relationships are.

Also lots of action of course though, I would have the main villains in the show Magneto and the Brotherhood of course just because Magneto and the Brotherhood are like a parallel to Professor X and the Xmen.

But it could last a long time because you could always bring in new Xmen, like if some storylines get worn out you can bring in a new class and start over.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #114
storyteller
Side-Kick

The problem with all of that is that your just making some historical piece with so and so character. The x-men don't even come into existence in your plan. Basically its takes way to long to get to the point. People don't want to see Magneto and Xavier movies. They want to see an X-men movie. I think if this movie is good, its by making an X-men movie and not a solo movie was a good idea on Singer/Fox. I honestly don't want to sit through any one characters origin. I don't need to know most of the stuff your talking about in a 2 to 3 hour movie. I would be all up for a tv series but even the comics are wise enough to limit it to one issue and move on.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #115
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

Point is, get, the f**k, over it.

Sweet and simple......and 11 years and 5 films later...