The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Old 04-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
Lord
All Mighty

Default Realistc and unique Joes

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/116/1162044p1.html
Quote:
G.I. Joe 2 director Jon Chu has promised fans he'll make a sequel that's a grittier and more realistic film than its 2009 predecessor, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra.

The filmmaker, a Joe fan since childhood, told Boxoffice Magazine that "when I found out they were doing a second one, I [told Paramount] you've got to do this one the way we've always wanted to see - and they were like, what do you mean? And there's a reality to Joe, there's like a grittiness to Joe; when I would burn them and their arm would fall off, the story would revolve around the guy whose arm fell off. It was about how each figurine had their own special accessory that was a part of their identity."

Chu added, "It was always that detail, that grittiness that I feel like if Joe had it in there, it would be a totally different movie and have a totally different feel. So I approached them about what that would be like, and they loved the idea. And they had a script that was close, and we're going now in and making it the way it should be. And the script they have is really good, actually, so we now want to build in a few more things that will make it even better."
Seems right to me.
That's exactly how G.I. Joe should be.

Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Crockett
With Teeth

Default Re: Realistc and unique Joes

Sure in the cartoon and comics there's some element of sci-fi but I wouldn't mind if they tone it down. It's just that with the director they chose I won't have a high expectations, maybe he could surprise us all, who knows, we'll see.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
jaganar
☆ Predaking ☆

Default Re: Realistc and unique Joes

guys TO be honest the only MOVIE that shows real JOES is the one that is bastardized by the entire SHH comm... BAYformers.

Roadblock (tyrese), duke( Duhamel ),gung-ho (spanish guy Jorge "Fig" Figueroa), hi tech ( Zack ward) .

and this is my reason to watch BAYformers. if JOE 2 gets grittier I HOPE they cast Charisma carpenter as baroness as well as get Chris , snake eyes and marlon back.

jaganar is offline   Reply With Quote