The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #26
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Default Re: Batman Forever - The Complete Score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus_Snape View Post
Nothing from molossus? Like a dog chasing cars? Introduce a little anarchy? none of that?
When I hear Molussus I imagine some Italian artist painting a picture while a bunch of people around him are scratching their heads and walking up to him trying to find out what he's painting.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #27
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

out of all the things that could come to mind, how is that what comes...into to your mind lol

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #28
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Meddle View Post
When I hear Molussus I imagine some Italian artist painting a picture while a bunch of people around him are scratching their heads and walking up to him trying to find out what he's painting.
When I hear Molossus all I hear is "Black Rain".

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #29
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

When I hear the goblin theme elfman wrote, all I hear is a variaiton on the penguin theme.

We get it. What's that, like the 900th time you've said that today?

Quote:
Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #30
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I still think that the Goldenthal score couldve been better, and to this day I still hear hints of the campy style of the 60's show, in the mix.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 PM   #31
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus_Snape View Post
When I hear the goblin theme elfman wrote, all I hear is a variaiton on the penguin theme.

We get it. What's that, like the 900th time you've said that today?
get your ears checked up b/c the goblin theme doesn't even sound anything like the penguin theme.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:11 PM   #32
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

A bit, to me yeah It does. It has for about 9 years too, so I think my hearing is fine.

Quote:
Old 05-31-2011, 11:33 PM   #33
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I still think that the Goldenthal score couldve been better, and to this day I still hear hints of the campy style of the 60's show, in the mix.
Well given that Schumacher's approach was campy and definitely wasn't taking itself too seriously. Where else Goldenthal was gonna go musically? Eventhough Goldenthal's score for BF did have some dark elements in it. If he'd of went any darker with the music it would've felt out of place in the film. The score is a fun, over the top, action packed comic book thrill ride. imo. I can't wait for this release.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #34
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

I just listened to 'The Final Confrontation' from Spider-Man and 'The Cemetary' from Batman Returns and hear no similarity whatsoever between the Penguin and Goblin themes, like at all.

Anyway, looking forward to this. Liked Goldenthal's work a lot. Mimic the better than Zimmer/Howard comments.

ddddeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #35
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Just finished listening to this and man if a score ever felt like an acid trip this score fits the description. I knew Goldenthal's score was "wacky" and "insane" at times but listening to it closely without the picture and sound. It's more wacky than I thought. I can hear stuff I couldn't hear in the film even. This score really captures the absurdity of BF well while also capturing the dramatic weight between Bruce, Chase, Robin, and Alfred. What I always loved about the score was the dramatic and heroic stuff. But people were right when they said the score includes everything including the kitchen sink. It's a very bold superhero(let alone Batman score) score, imo. It's amazing how much Goldenthal got away with even for this film. You don't hear a lot superhero scores like it even back in '95'.

The score was kind of exhausting as well not only b/c of the original '95' original album added but I was exhausted before disc 1 even finished. I never realised how busy the score was in the film. It's a real workout to listen to but I had an interesting and good time listening. You don't hear scores like this anymore especially for this genre.

The main problem I had was they didn't put some of the tracks in chronological order of the film. But i was surprised by this score though I was familiar with it through the film. I was always a fan of Goldenthal's score. And believe it to be easily the highlight of it.This has been a score I've always wanted but missed it back in 95 , but I didn't start collecting film scores till a few years later.

I never had a listening experience quite like this. This is probably the most quirky, wild, and crazy superhero score I've ever heard. Can't wait to listen to it again.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #36
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

So this album's been released for almost a year in a half now. Yet nobody's talking or giving their thoughts about it. I think it's a fun superhero adventure score. It's at times underrated b/c some like to bring it down with the film it's a affiliated with. Sure the score may be a hokey at times just like the film itself, but it has it's share of dramatic moments as well. I always have a blast listening to it. Going by the music I have a feeling Goldenthal had fun with this score.