The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #76
webhead921
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official JANUARY JONES/Emma Frost Thread - Part 1

Am I the only person who really loved Jones as Emma? I thought she was great.

I'm Commander Shepard, and Jade Empire is my favorite Bioware game on the Citadel.
webhead921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #77
psyonic
X-Man

Emma Frost did not use telekinesis to throw Erik overboard. She uses her momentum from the spin to push him away. You still don't understand that while in diamond form she CANNOT use telepathy and she needed her telepathy to continue blocking Charles from having a fix on their location. I bet if Erik wasn't there attempting to move the submarine, they wouldn't have known about it since Charles was still blocked by Emma in her human form. I keep reminding you that the reason why the Hellfire Club was found is because Charles had a fix on Shaw. The point of Emma blocking Charles was that so cannot sense their presence. Had she shifted into diamond, their cover would have been blown and Charles would have been able to follow them. Also, Charles sensed Erik because Erik's mind wasn't blocked by Emma.

At one point in the comics it was hinted that she has a low level of telekinesis but this was never touched upon again and her main powers are telepathy and diamond form (due to secondary mutation).

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #78
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

She was alright. Wish she had more to do in the third act of the film other than being imprisonment.

And Quill... Your ship is filthy. - Gamora
She has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. - Peter Quill
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #79
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Emma Frost did not use telekinesis to throw Erik overboard. She uses her momentum from the spin to push him away. You still don't understand that while in diamond form she CANNOT use telepathy and she needed her telepathy to continue blocking Charles from having a fix on their location. I bet if Erik wasn't there attempting to move the submarine, they wouldn't have known about it since Charles was still blocked by Emma in her human form. I keep reminding you that the reason why the Hellfire Club was found is because Charles had a fix on Shaw. The point of Emma blocking Charles was that so cannot sense their presence. Had she shifted into diamond, their cover would have been blown and Charles would have been able to follow them. Also, Charles sensed Erik because Erik's mind wasn't blocked by Emma.

At one point in the comics it was hinted that she has a low level of telekinesis but this was never touched upon again and her main powers are telepathy and diamond form (due to secondary mutation).
I agree on the first point.

Regarding Emma and Charles...

Emma noticed Charles presence while in human form...she wasnt really looking for him before so you could say that he was scanning the boat or just the close proximity gave him away. She then turned on her powers and blocked him. At this point, she is using her psychic powers...she KNOWS that he has given up...she could have turned to diamond then...why? Because SHES PSYCHIC AND KNEW WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS DOING IT. It just looks like shes a moron and forgot to use her powers. This, along with the bedroom scene where she didnt use her psychic powers when she WASNT in diamond form and just let herself get captured.

This is stupid...we all know that she cant use the powers together in the comics...so we all assume that she cant in the movies...however, there is never a point in the film where it is explained that she cant...she simply doesnt. There are times when she doesnt use her psychic powers when she ISNT in diamond form and anyone with half a brain would...so it appears to the average viewer that shes a moron who doesnt know when to turn her powers on...there are no hints that she CANT turn them both on at once.

Heck: she even sat there in prison until magneto broke her out, even though she could have EASILY escaped. She's an idiot...and that is the limit on her powers.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #80
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I agree on the first point.

Regarding Emma and Charles...

Emma noticed Charles presence while in human form...she wasnt really looking for him before so you could say that he was scanning the boat or just the close proximity gave him away. She then turned on her powers and blocked him. At this point, she is using her psychic powers...she KNOWS that he has given up...she could have turned to diamond then...why? Because SHES PSYCHIC AND KNEW WHETHER OR NOT HE WAS DOING IT. It just looks like shes a moron and forgot to use her powers. This, along with the bedroom scene where she didnt use her psychic powers when she WASNT in diamond form and just let herself get captured.

This is stupid...we all know that she cant use the powers together in the comics...so we all assume that she cant in the movies...however, there is never a point in the film where it is explained that she cant...she simply doesnt. There are times when she doesnt use her psychic powers when she ISNT in diamond form and anyone with half a brain would...so it appears to the average viewer that shes a moron who doesnt know when to turn her powers on...there are no hints that she CANT turn them both on at once.
You can say Charles an Erik are morons as well for not using their powers to freeze the minds of the military men on the warships preventing them from firing at the beach or crushing the cannons or simply ripping holes in the ships to capsize them.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #81
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

However, I say my fave Emma scene is when she projects ...uh how do I put it, um you know the scene with the General? When he thinks he's fooling around with her but she's just sitting on the couch. lols. I laughed so hard when Erik and Charlies showed up and they were like wtf? lols.

And Quill... Your ship is filthy. - Gamora
She has no idea. If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting. - Peter Quill
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:42 AM   #82
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
You can say Charles an Erik are morons as well for not using their powers to freeze the minds of the military men on the warships preventing them from firing at the beach or crushing the cannons or simply ripping holes in the ships to capsize them.
Or...they were preoccupied and...this being their first battle...unsure of themselves in the heat of the moment.

Emma...she just sat there in jail for days...rotting away after apparently forgetting that she had super powers. In fact, she seemed to forget that she was psychic altogether right after she couldnt read Shaw's mind with that helmet on. It APPEARS that her failure to read his mind caused her to think that she lost that power, since she had defeated Xavier once with it and then opted not to even try to use it.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:00 AM   #83
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead921 View Post
you are not the only one!

There's just something about her!

and I love that scene where Prof X and Magneto cornered her!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:21 AM   #84
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

i love the scene in the interrogation room when she cut the glass
always love little demonstrations of mutant abilities like that

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #85
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
i love the scene in the interrogation room when she cut the glass
always love little demonstrations of mutant abilities like that
Yeah its kinda cold and *****y and people will cringe about it and thats why I love it

Can anyone paste the actual quote?

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:47 AM   #86
Bren
Forevernoob

I really liked her and would love to see more of her in sequels. And I think she was a mole in the CIA prison, learning, gathering info. When Magneto found her lying there, I can just imagine she was 'listening' to all the top brass upstairs, getting their secrets.

Instead of being camo'd up lying somewhere in the compound, with the chance of being discovered and shot/killed, she's got a bed, food and everything they think about.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:21 AM   #87
iskrew
Side-Kick

I hate how people are commenting about her looks. January Jones is gorgeous! Looks-wise I think she is ALMOST perfect for the role. I think comic book fans are looking for a more voluptuous or sexy woman, but almost all of my male friends / boyfriend found her hot.

It's just that her acting fell flat. When she went towards those CIA agents, she looked so bad-ass until she delivered that lame line.

iskrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:40 AM   #88
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I haven't finished the film yet...but seriously...there is NO mention that she is unable to use two powers at once...a
What do you mean by saying you 'haven't finished the film yet'?

Have you downloaded it illegally or what? How can you not 'finish' a film that is only playing at cinemas?

Old 06-09-2011, 05:59 AM   #89
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yeah its kinda cold and *****y and people will cringe about it and thats why I love it

Can anyone paste the actual quote?
She could've just mind control anyone into freeing her. That's the most ridiculous part of the movie.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:12 AM   #90
iskrew
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
She could've just mind control anyone into freeing her. That's the most ridiculous part of the movie.
I really don't get it too.

iskrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:13 AM   #91
childeroland
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead921 View Post
No. I thought she was great too.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

childeroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #92
lastairbender
Side-Kick

I think i'm gonna love Frost, from the clips i saw i think she can be so ironic and cinical. How was her psychic battle with Xavier. Was it cool?

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #93
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
I think i'm gonna love Frost, from the clips i saw i think she can be so ironic and cinical. How was her psychic battle with Xavier. Was it cool?
There is no psychic battle. It was cut from the movie.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #94
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Here's an interesting analysis on the situation http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/06/0...ss-emma-frost/

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
lastairbender, many of the things you were hoping for in the movie are not there, but there's other fun stuff around, I really hope you enjoy the movie, if its any consolation there are at least two mental blockings in the movie, and one is even visually represented in a fun a subtle way.

By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #95
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
Here's an interesting analysis on the situation http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/06/0...ss-emma-frost/

lastairbender, many of the things you were hoping for in the movie are not there, but there's other fun stuff around, I really hope you enjoy the movie, if its any consolation there are at least two mental blockings in the movie, and one is even visually represented in a fun a subtle way.
January and Mcvoy(experts facebook area) told they did a mental battle (and staring to each other for long time) it would be nice to see OK.. better not to ask anything more..eheh still plenty to see and love

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #96
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Oh Lawd

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Lindelof.html

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #97
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
Even days later, this thing coming from Lindelof, it just feels mean, I hope they cast her as a really unemotional Vulcan in "Star Trek 2" just to mess with him.

By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #98
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

^ LOL. Man people are going in on her. Finally read what happened between her and Galifinakis. Yeah, I probably would have scolded her too if she dismissed me like that.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #99
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
^ LOL. Man people are going in on her. Finally read what happened between her and Galifinakis. Yeah, I probably would have scolded her too if she dismissed me like that.
Who knows what he said to her in those ten minutes. He seems like an @ss anyway, judging from how he runs his mouth.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #100
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Who knows what he said to her in those ten minutes. He seems like an @ss anyway, judging from how he runs his mouth.
Yeah, he might have been obnoxious and she was like, "You're gross leave." Still, I don't think I would have said, "It's time for you to leave now," at least not in that way. He does come off blunt though from interviews I have seen. Maybe she didn't get his sarcasm.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote