The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #101
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Default Re: The Official JANUARY JONES/Emma Frost Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
^ LOL. Man people are going in on her. Finally read what happened between her and Galifinakis. Yeah, I probably would have scolded her too if she dismissed me like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Who knows what he said to her in those ten minutes. He seems like an @ss anyway, judging from how he runs his mouth.
The Galifinakis thing, who knows what happened in that table? maybe she was trying to make a joke, maybe he has low self esteem as most comedians, or maybe she was being mean, in that case all bets are off, who cares how she looks, but Damon Lindelof knew what he was doing when he made that comment, and it's pretty much low.

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #102
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
She could've just mind control anyone into freeing her. That's the most ridiculous part of the movie.
Emma is not as powerful as Xavier. She was never shown to mentally control anyone so im gonna assume she cant, well not to the degree and ease that Charles does it. Shaw even said this telepath is powerful when he found out that the russian officer and been mind controlled. Even if she did control someone into freeing her she obviously couldn't get far enough with a ton of agents there that she couldn't control. I know in the comics when Scott automatically assumed she could do this telepathic feat on a lot of people she told him that she wasn't Xavier.

Nokio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #103
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
The Galifinakis thing, who knows what happened in that table? maybe she was trying to make a joke, maybe he has low self esteem as most comedians, or maybe she was being mean, in that case all bets are off, who cares how she looks, but Damon Lindelof knew what he was doing when he made
that comment, and it's pretty much
low.
What happened? What's going on? I'm at a lost.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #104
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio View Post
What happened? What's going on? I'm at a lost.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Lindelof.html

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #105
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well D@mn. I think Jones did a good job as Emma and was cast fine in my opinion. As for her situation with Zack, all I can say is that he has a slick mouth and is a comedian after all. The man isn't going to say what he may have said for her to make the comment it's time for him to leave but if you notice he said we both were rude to each other. He said something probably that turned her off. If she was rude to him for no reason he would've said that first and then he would've been justified in the comment he made to her about the show and no one remembering her. He's covering himself if she responds and repeats what he may have said or did. That way he can say well I did say we were both rude to each other. I've done it when I know ive been an @ss to people and their was a confrontation and when some asked me what happened i said oh it was both of us. NO big deal. I like Zack. I know nothing about Jones. I've never seen Mad Men. I've only seen her in Taken and she was decent there. I just don't agree with people that her Emma Frost was bad.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #106
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio View Post
Well D@mn. I think Jones did a good job as Emma and was cast fine in my opinion. As for her situation with Zack, all I can say is that he has a slick mouth and is a comedian after all. The man isn't going to say what he may have said for her to make the comment it's time for him to leave but if you notice he said we both were rude to each other. He said something probably that turned her off. If she was rude to him for no reason he would've said that first and then he would've been justified in the comment he made to her about the show and no one remembering her. He's covering himself if she responds and repeats what he may have said or did. That way he can say well I did say we were both rude to each other. I've done it when I know ive been an @ss to people and their was a confrontation and when some asked me what happened i said oh it was both of us. NO big deal. I like Zack. I know nothing about Jones. I've never seen Mad Men. I've only seen her in Taken and she was decent there. I just don't agree with people that her Emma Frost was bad.
Yeah, no telling what was said. It was Unknown by the way, fyi. But yeah, he was probably being a smart ass trying to crack jokes and she got fed up and started to act snobby and blow him off. Thus, by saying that THEY were both being rude it does allow him to cover himself if she responds and repeats what he may have said and did. Pretty smart, if he was the one being the jerk first.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #107
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Yeah, no telling what was said. It was Unknown by the way, fyi. But yeah, he was probably being a smart ass trying to crack jokes and she got fed up and started to act snobby and blow him off. Thus, by saying that THEY were both being rude it does allow him to cover himself if she responds and repeats what he may have said and did. Pretty smart, if he was the one being the jerk first.
She at least didn't make the thing public, she said he was naturally funny to a reporter, he was the one that told the weird table story. If he had a problem with her he should have told her the next time, or at least leave it alone, but taking it to the press? one can almost eat a cracker and quote Emma Frost.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #108
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

True, but that makes you think. Either he is all about attention. Which I don't think he is or she was the one really being an arse and he was just keeping it real.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #109
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
True, but that makes you think. Either he is all about attention. Which I don't think he is or she was the one really being an arse and he was just keeping it real.
You know what?, she's hot and he's kinda funny, they're probably both horrible people.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #110
josh8
Side-Kick

I'm gonna give Jones the benefit of the doubt on the whole Zach Galifianakis issue. There were recent reports about how he was really awful at some the Hangover II premiere party when he was stressed out, so I think he's just a moody guy that is easy to set off. The reason he spoke out against Jones was that he was confused about why she complimented him in an interview. So I think their "altercation" was trivial in her opinion, and he's still holding a grudge.

As for her portrayal of Emma Frost, I think it was more than adequate. The most obvious problem I had was her line delivery in the interrogation scene, and really, Vaughn could have easily made her do it differently. That's what multiple takes are for.

The only other things were the few times Emma was shown waking through the sub, her body language looked kind of tired. When she entered the mirror room, she even abruptly stops for a second when the door hadn't completely opened. That take should not have been used. Again, I think the director should notice these things and correct their actors. Emma should strut a little when she walks.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #111
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead921 View Post
Am I the only person who really loved Jones as Emma? I thought she was great.
No, you're not; she was one of the highlights for me, and I said as much on another board. Here's the reasons I liked her performance as much as I did, posted from said board:
Quote:
I judged Jones' performance based on the role of her character and the way she played off of Bacon; to me, their relationship was a nice echo of the relationship in Singer's first two X-Men films between Erik and Raven/Mystique, and I thought she even channeled Rebecca Romjiin in a few places, which was neat. I also liked the way Jones played her scenes with the Russian general and Col. Hendry.
As an aside, I should note that FC is the first thing I've ever seen her in.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #112
psyonic
X-Man

Lover her or hate her, I think she is the only one with a continuation thread

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #113
Darkness Falls
Do Try To Keep Up.....

i honestly thought january did a great job as emma

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #114
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
If I may...Zach only brought up that story after a reporter commented to him that January (in another interview) complimented him by saying he was one of the most naturally funny people she'd ever met and he was completely flabbergasted at that. Thus explaining that they had met only once and were very "rude to eachother".

Hence the story.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #115
HexualCirce
Side-Kick

I absolutely loved her as Emma. I just don't get the hatred towards her. I can't wait to see the film again and her scenes are some that I'm looking forward to the most.

HexualCirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #116
webhead921
Side-Kick

I'm glad I am not the only one who loved Jones as Emma. The only books I've read with her in them are Whedon's Astonishing run, but Jones in First Class pretty much matched how I imagined Emma to be. She came off as very cold, confident, and manipulative. I mean she wasn't o the same level as Fassbender, McAvoy, or Jennifer Lawrence, but she still gave a good, entertaining performance.

I'm Commander Shepard, and Jade Empire is my favorite Bioware game on the Citadel.
webhead921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #117
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexualCirce View Post
I absolutely loved her as Emma. I just don't get the hatred towards her. I can't wait to see the film again and her scenes are some that I'm looking forward to the most.
Same here. I thaught she did a great job with the character. When I saw her on screen I kept thinking wow, that's Emma Frost. I don't think people realize she's supposed to be this stoic, ice queen with a dark side. Something tells me a lot of the hatred might have something to do with the gossip surrounding her pregnancy.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:08 AM   #118
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Wow just plain rude!

I love him for doing Lost but seriously you're gonna slam someone at twitter. That's just pathetic.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #119
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
She could've just mind control anyone into freeing her. That's the most ridiculous part of the movie.
Yeah but if you think about it.

Where is Emma gonna go? She can't go to Cuba and join Shaw/company that fast.

How is Magneto going to recruit him if she escaped?

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #120
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Wow just plain rude!

I love him for doing Lost but seriously you're gonna slam someone at twitter. That's just pathetic.
LOL...yeah, twitter is the new evil in the world. It would be funny if he recants and says it was hacked

Old 06-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #121
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Wow just plain rude!

He did it deliberately, it's quite obvious, because his regular collaborator JJ Abrams has a new movie (Super 8) coming out this weekend so he was trying to find something to trash in First Class...

Old 06-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #122
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
He did it deliberately, it's quite obvious, because his regular collaborator JJ Abrams has a new movie (Super 8) coming out this weekend so he was trying to find something to trash in First Class...
I think if that was the case he would have just trashed the film itself.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #123
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I think if that was the case he would have just trashed the film itself.
That would be TOO obvious...

Old 06-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #124
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I doubt it. A lot of people I know made similar jokes about Jones. Just because he actually has an audience and people paying attention to him doesn't mean he's not going to make comments like that.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #125
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

That's pretty cruel I guess, but it isn't the first time someone has publicly said something like that. The difference is, it's usually a movie critic. It catches more attention when a writer/director/producer/actor says something of the sort.

Still, I laughed.

But I disagree... I actually thought she was good in the film (and is also good on Mad Men). And that's saying something because I really THOUGHT she was going to be terrible after seeing the previews.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote