The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Luchastyle
is awesome

Default In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread

This is a thread to discuss and praise Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight. Compare him to past incarnations and just generally praise how he has revolutionized the role for the next generation of fanboys. :hoboj:

Update 1/22/08: This is also a celebration of the life of this promising young actor. A young man who was taken from this earth far too soon.

Buy it now!
Luchastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread

The Complete History of Joker

http://gothamalleys.blogspot.com/201...-of-joker.html

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
darknight7
Side-Kick

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

There's no doubt in my mind that Heath would have rejoined the cast for TDKR. And it's sad to know that he now won't be. Here's to Heath (The Joker)

--dk7

Old 06-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Thumbs up Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight7 View Post
There's no doubt in my mind that Heath would have rejoined the cast for TDKR. And it's sad to know that he now won't be. Here's to Heath (The Joker)

--dk7
These are awesome.

Three years later and Heath's Joker is still amazing.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #6
HisMagicTrick
Thank God I'm Pretty

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
These are awesome.

Three years later and Heath's Joker is still amazing.
I have no doubt in my mind that Heath's Joker will always be amazing, no matter how many years later.

HisMagicTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #7
IndyJokerJones
Side-Kick

Heath will always be MY Joker. Yes I grew up with Hamill and I love his performances to death but, my god, Heath MADE TDK, he gave me a new obsession like I've never known before. Never before have I watched a movie and just been so captivated by a performance, just hanging on every word and completely mesmerized. I can watch the movie a thousand times and each time I will see something new in his performance, some little subtlety he's thrown in either physically or psychologically (psychotically?).

IndyJokerJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

^^^ What is that scan from?

- The Joker
Old 07-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Without Ledgers performance TDK would have been a good movie but not a great one (like BB). He is what separated the movie from the pack.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Without Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs wouldn't have been as good. Without Doc Ock, Spider-Man 2 wouldn't have been as good as it was. Without Nightcrawler, X-Men 2 wouldn't have been good as it was. Take out Catwoman from Batman Returns and it wouldn't be as good as it was. Take out Rhorsach from Watchmen and it wouldn't be as good as it was etc etc.

Taking a vital character out of any movie lessens the quality. I don't know why people always bring that up.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 07-10-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #11
IndyJokerJones
Side-Kick

Quote:
^^^ What is that scan from?
One of those kids books that's called "Batman Saves the Day", easily find-able on google. I highly recommend reading it if only for the laughs.

IndyJokerJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #12
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

LOL it looks really cute.

- The Joker
Old 07-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #13
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Without Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs wouldn't have been as good. Without Doc Ock, Spider-Man 2 wouldn't have been as good as it was. Without Nightcrawler, X-Men 2 wouldn't have been good as it was. Take out Catwoman from Batman Returns and it wouldn't be as good as it was. Take out Rhorsach from Watchmen and it wouldn't be as good as it was etc etc.

Taking a vital character out of any movie lessens the quality. I don't know why people always bring that up.

I never said take the character out, its about the actor. Ledger is what made it. Chances are if another actor was cast it wouldn't have been as good of a movie. He aced that performance.

Nobody mentioned taking the "Character" out of anything.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #14
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Oh ok. My bad. It's just a common thing you see people say. I thought that's what you were saying. Sorry about that.

- The Joker
Old 07-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #15
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Take out Nightcrawler and X-men 2 is still a solid film, the guy hade an amazing opening scene, but he never really did much after that

And this is just opinion but Dr.Octopus was a good villain but i felt i liked him mainly because i was so sick of seeing the whole MJ and Peter love drama, that it was a welcomed change to see him anytime he was on screen.

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #16
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I think that under sells Doc Ock. Even if there had been no MJ drama, I think Doc Ock would still be equally compelling.

- The Joker
Old 07-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Happy 3rd Anniversary TDK , These are some of my favorite tv spots featuring The Joker
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 07-18-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #18
diggerad

Ledger's Joker was lightning in a bottle. It really cannot be replicated, and he was the perfect person for that incarnation of the Joker. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't offer our own tribute, which is what we did here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgRElxiqFg

diggerad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #19
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Cs Funny Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerad View Post
Ledger's Joker was lightning in a bottle. It really cannot be replicated, and he was the perfect person for that incarnation of the Joker. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't offer our own tribute, which is what we did here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgRElxiqFg
LMFAO!!!

Did you make that?

- The Joker
Old 08-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #20
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

http://theaphex.deviantart.com/art/J...umes-102303626

Old 08-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #21
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

^^^ That is BEAUTIFUL

- The Joker
Old 08-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #22
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Heath Ledger was not recognizable in this film. Seriously, I can't believe he was the Joker. He was exceptional. That's the sign of a very good actor.

It is such a shame he will not light up the screens again.

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #23
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TctZ-h9C0DY

Old 08-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #24
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post

This is really amazing

Old 08-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #25
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Yeah That is.

I love ledger's Joker it's still amazing. R.I.P Heath.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote