The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 08-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #51
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: The Official Hellboy 3 thread

^He always has had plenty of things on the go though and its never stopped him making movies before, I think he wants to HBIII but it just depends on a few things, wait and see is all we can do for now.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:29 AM   #52
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
The comics are superb, you should get yourself into them as they are great reads.
A little off-topic with the movies. But I got the first volume(Seed of Destruction), and it came with a nice little figure! I absolutely loved it and plan on reading every other volume in order. I think Hellboy has a good chance of becoming my favorite comic book character/superhero of all time. Seriously.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #53
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Well, he has for me, SoD is great but doesnt even come close to the best ones in the series, you're in for a treat my friend.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 08-06-2010, 05:05 AM   #54
Octoberist
point blank

I can't see this movie happening.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #55
Figs
Side-Kick

I'll be down to check it out if it gets made. I really liked the first film and thought the second one wasn't too bad. The main thing that bugged me about HBII was finding out at the end that Liz is pregnant. I just didn't like that route Del Toro took, that and the second one felt less like Mignola's HB and more like Del Toro's.

I think Del Toro is great but I missed the feel and style of the first HB because it felt more like Mignola's comic more than the sequel.

Figs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #56
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Personally, I found the 2nd movie just almost as faithful as the first, the first took a lot of liberties as well, and the 2nd while not directly using characters from the comics, used a lot of things from the Hellboy world, Mr Wink's metal hand on a chain immediatly springs to mind in this regard.

I think a 3rd movie would possibly top the other 2 in the series so far, both of which I find fantastic, so I reall hope it happens.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #57
Rac
Deadite

Same ol', same ol':

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo del Toro

You know, I think that everyone should ask Ron [Perlman]. I had dinner with [Perlman] last night. He said 'six hours [in the makeup chair], what do you want?'" And he's doing 'Sons of Anarchy' without makeup. He's spoiled! He likes to be the big cheese without the makeup session. ... I would love to do it. But the heartbreak for me is that I know how it ends and I don't know if I want to see that ending. But I would love to do it.
Aug. 19, 2010
http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=23640

Old 08-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #58
echostation
Banned User

See that's the whole thing... this is a gigantic spoiler obviously

Meanwhile, ever huggable filmmaker Guillermo Del Toro admits a "Hellboy 3" is sometime off and while he'd love to do it, "the heartbreak for me is that I know how it ends and I don't know if I want to see that ending" he tells MTV News.,

It's obvious Hellboy dies, he just practically gave away the entire ending.

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #59
Guhndoi
Side-Kick's Side-Kick

i hope we don't get a HB III..........................without Del Toro.

Guhndoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #60
Rac
Deadite

Quote:
Guillermo del Toro confirms Ron Perlman's reluctance to make Hellboy 3
Luke Savage

Guillermo del Toro still wants to make Hellboy 3, yet Ron Perlman remains not keen. Here’s what you can do about it…

Published on Oct 12, 2010
At the end of last week, we had the pleasure of chatting with Guillermo del Toro, in an interview that you can read in full on the site tomorrow.

One project that we asked him about was Hellboy 3, and whether he had any plans to complete the trilogy of films. And the answer? It confirms the position of a little while back, but offers the tantalising chance of being able to do something about it.

"I would love to," he told us, "but I don't think Ron [Perlman] wants to." He continued, explaining,"He really grew tired of the makeup in the second film and he was really rubbed the wrong way by those seven hour sessions. And I think that ... I don't blame him ... but I think it is almost impossible for him to agree to do it. I can't make a Hellboy film without Ron, you know, at all."

When we suggested that we might put together an online petition to persuade Perlman to sign up for a third Hellboy movie, a chuckling del Toro said, "You know what? If you guys start that, I promise you it would help, because he would absolutely love that."

So, we've done it. You can find it here. And please do sign it. Fond though we are of Sons Of Anarchy, which is paying Perlman's bills right now, a third and final Hellboy movie is something we'd really love to see...
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/6305...hellboy_3.html

Quote:
Guillermo del Toro Interview: The Fall, James Cameron, Hellboy 3 and more
Luke Savage

Published on Oct 12, 2010

There's a lot of love for all your films, but especially for the Hellboys. Would you like to make another one, to finish it as a trilogy?
I would love to, but I don't think Ron wants to. He really grew tired of the makeup in the second film and he was really rubbed the wrong way by those seven-hour sessions. And I think that ... I don't blame him ... but I think it is almost impossible for him to agree to do it. I can't make a Hellboy film without Ron, you know, at all.

We'll have to get an online petition to persuade him.
You know what? If you guys start that, I promise you it would help, because he would absolutely love that. [laughs]
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/6314..._and_more.html

Quote:
Can moviegoers really persuade Ron Perlman to sign up for Hellboy 3?
Simon Brew

Over 1000 people have already added their names to the list of those wanting Ron Perlman back for Hellboy 3. Can we get enough to make the great man come back to the series?

Published on Oct 14, 2010

Appreciating that there are more stumbling blocks to getting a third Hellboy movie made than this one, there's nonetheless no chance of it happening at all without the mighty Ron Perlman involved. However, as Guillermo del Toro confirmed to us earlier in the week, Perlman isn't keen to reprise the role. You can read more about that here.

Mr del Toro nonetheless did suggest that if we could put an online petition together, it might just help bend Ron Perlman's arm on the matter, and thus we quickly popped something online, and you've come along in good numbers already to add your names. So far, at the time of writing, the total is just over 1100 names.

We relayed this news back to Guillermo del Toro, who declared "That's great!" and when we asked him how many names we needed, he replied "AS MANY AS WE CAN GET!!"

So, friends, this is our moment. Can we possibly generate enough names to persuade Ron Perlman that Hellboy 3 is his destiny? That this is the film he needs to make? That it's worth sitting in the makeup chair for hours at a time?

The petition (for want of a better word!) is here - and please spread this far and wide. Let's see if movie fans really can persuade an actor to return to a franchise...
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/6332...hellboy_3.html

I know it won't do any difference, but I signed it anyway.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #61
JP
To me

I signed.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:41 AM   #62
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I think I signed, not quite sure as I didnt make a donation, but I really, REALLY hope HB3 happens.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #63
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From io9:
Ron Perlman Reveals What's Next For Hellboy And A New HP Lovecraft Movie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith Woerner

How can we convince you to sit through 7 hours of make up every day to make Hellboy 3?

All you have to do is convince to Guillermo to say yes to making the movie.

That's funny, because whenever people ask Guillermo when he's going to make Hellboy 3 he always says that we have to convince you!

Yeah he's blaming me and I'm blaming him. I know it's kind of like Laurel and Hardy, Martin and Lewis, or Abbott and Costello. Hellboy 2 was not an easy shoot. Both of us walked away very tired and very beat up. But a lot of time [has passed] and lot of water has gone under the bridge, I'm well healed — and just knowing what his idea was for the third installment of the trilogy and how epic and theatrical and powerful a film it would be, it's got to be made. I really feel like its got to be made. It would be a great disservice to the first two films if you don't see how they wind up.

What is his idea for the third film?

The only thing I can share with you is we have this demon who is a victim of this Oracle, which is not negotiable. He's been summoned to the Earth for the destruction of mankind, and that's non-negotiable. This whole notion that his nature, is the demon of destruction — against the way he's been nurtured by his father, John Hurt's character, to be kind and in the service of mankind. Those things are going to be in play in the third one. Then of course you have Liz pregnant with twins at the end of the second film. So you don't know what those two offspring are going to be? Are they going to be more human? Are they going to be more demon? Are they going to be a combination of the two? And how is that going to play out, in terms of Hellboy's destiny. Which I say again is non-negotiable. So that's the backdrop for the third film. And everything will be resolved, all these open-ended questions will finally be resolved. I don't know how, he didn't give me those details. But that's the backdrop for it.

Promise me you'll have one more drinking scene with Doug Jones?

If I have anything to say about it, we'll have a few more. And a few more choruses of "Can't Smile Without You."

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 AM   #64
JP
To me

Please oh please.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #65
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Same, I hope to GOD they get this movie made and get to complete the trilogy, both of the 1st 2 movies were amazing and some of the best CB movies we have had so far, come on GDT, get it made asap!

Old 01-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #66
Rac
Deadite

They'll have to do it after Mountains, or it won't never happen.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #67
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Yeah, I think if GDT does something else after MOM, we can kiss bye bye to HB3, hopefully that wont be the case though.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #68
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I hope we see Hellboy 3 happen

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #69
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Erm, HB3 isnt out yet it hasnt been made, did you mean Hellboy 1 or 2?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #70
Rac
Deadite

SCOOP: HELLBOY Creator Mike Mignola Says Guillermo Del Toro Will Never Return to the Film Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mignola

Last I heard he said he would not make it. Guillermo -- who I love -- in every interview there's a new story on what his next movie is and he honestly believes he's going to do all these things. But last I heard, he said 'I'm never gonna get back to Hellboy. I'm not surprised because he won't live long enough to do a tenth of the movies he's told me he's going to make.

I can't imagine him (Del Toro) making a Hellboy 3. He's very enthusiastic and says he's going to do all these things....ummm....he's cute [laughed].
http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/0...llboy-del-toro

Kind of not surprising...

Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #71
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think its for the best. The Hellboy movies were good but not good enough. I think they amplify del Toro's flaws rather than hide them. I honestly liked Blade 2 more than both Hellboy movies.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #72
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I think its for the best. The Hellboy movies were good but not good enough. I think they amplify del Toro's flaws rather than hide them. I honestly liked Blade 2 more than both Hellboy movies.
I can see your point there. Although, I think it'd be a great shame for Del Toro to not finish was he started with Hellboy as one story. If anyone else gets a hold of the 3rd one I'm afraid it would be disjointed, and slightly off from the vision set forth in the first two. Also, Ron Perlman has to be Hellboy. End of story on that one.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #73
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

... Calling Alfonso Cuarón.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #74
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Interesting choice DK. I would back you up on that as long as a large number of the same creative team behind Del Toro's films were involved. And Ron Perlman...

Old 06-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #75
Mario_Galaxy
Side-Kick

Mignola seems pretty pissed about it. The ending to the second does lend itself to a third. Maybe they could do another animated feature

Mario_Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote