The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #76
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I may have missed something but I thought Moira was pretending to be mind wiped while she was being interrogated.
I'm pretty sure she was actually mind wiped. But he didn't mindwipe all knowledge of him, just the location of the X-Men. Her memory went blank when they all left to go to Xavier's mansion. So she would still know him.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #77
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 27,520
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I'm pretty sure she was actually mind wiped. But he didn't mindwipe all knowledge of him, just the location of the X-Men. Her memory went blank when they all left to go to Xavier's mansion. So she would still know him.


I interpreted that scene differently for some reason.


If it's going to be debated as an inconsistency I suppose Beast could have given her the location or something else happens in the gap.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #78
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I interpreted that scene differently for some reason.


If it's going to be debated as an inconsistency I suppose Beast could have given her the location or something else happens in the gap.
There's definitely plenty of explanation that could fill in the gaps.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #79
LostSon88
Side-Kick
 
LostSon88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BAY AREA!!!!
Posts: 8,318
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

It could be played both ways...either she was mind wiped or she is in fact covering for Charles.

Theres nothing in that particular scene that can confirm nor deny either scenario.

I know that when I saw that scene that I took it to be very ambiguous.

__________________
My life is like school on a Sunday...no class.
LostSon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #80
By your Command
Danger Room Technician
 
By your Command's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sal Tlay Ka Siti
Posts: 813
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Even if Moira was wiped or not, the CIA knows who Charles Xavier is, and the moment the Xavier School for gifted youngsters open, he at least has to confront one or two goverment agents.

__________________
WOLVERINE: "What "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" did to the franchise can't be undone"

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #81
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

They still wouldn't know how to find him yet...

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #82
By your Command
Danger Room Technician
 
By your Command's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sal Tlay Ka Siti
Posts: 813
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Well if the CIA can't find Charles Xavier in the Charles Xavier School for the gifted, then we're definitely gonna need another CIA.

__________________
WOLVERINE: "What "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" did to the franchise can't be undone"

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #83
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,247
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

They'll find him eventually, but I doubt it'll be very soon...

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #84
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
Well if the CIA can't find Charles Xavier in the Charles Xavier School for the gifted, then we're definitely gonna need another CIA.
In the light of the fact that he was crippled on the beach (and probably in hospital for months) and that he wasn't directly involved in the reversal of the missiles, i think they would show a little mercy.

Plus the fact that if he did that mindwipe to Moira, he could easily do it to anyone else who came snooping. He's made himself untouchable and formed an uneasy truce.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #85
By your Command
Danger Room Technician
 
By your Command's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sal Tlay Ka Siti
Posts: 813
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
In the light of the fact that he was crippled on the beach (and probably in hospital for months) and that he wasn't directly involved in the reversal of the missiles, i think they would show a little mercy.

Plus the fact that if he did that mindwipe to Moira, he could easily do it to anyone else who came snooping. He's made himself untouchable and formed an uneasy truce.
You're right, I'm not saying that he's helpless, I'm saying that if they were looking for him at the end of the movie, and he opens a School with that name, he's gonna become an expert on the mindwipes pretty fast. In fact, it could become a recurrent gag in a sequel.

Agent: "Good Morning, we're looking for Professor Charles Xavier".
Xavier: "No, you're not".
Agent: "Thank you for your time".

__________________
WOLVERINE: "What "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" did to the franchise can't be undone"

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #86
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
I just rewatched X2 and I was right. Contrary to what others have said, there's absolutely NOTHING that indicates that Magneto and Mystique knew the dam was ruptured.

They didn't leave Xavier to die.
I know you were. And do you know how? Because I was....and knowing is half the battle. G.I. Jooooeeee!!!!!

But seriously thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
Well if the CIA can't find Charles Xavier in the Charles Xavier School for the gifted, then we're definitely gonna need another CIA.
LOL...I don't think they thought this all the way through. Unless he mindwiped them a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
You're right, I'm not saying that he's helpless, I'm saying that if they were looking for him at the end of the movie, and he opens a School with that name, he's gonna become an expert on the mindwipes pretty fast. In fact, it could become a recurrent gag in a sequel.

Agent: "Good Morning, we're looking for Professor Charles Xavier".
Xavier: "No, you're not".
Agent: "Thank you for your time".
Joe Swanson voice, "HA!" I laughed a little when he tricked the CIA guy into getting into the car.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #87
By your Command
Danger Room Technician
 
By your Command's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sal Tlay Ka Siti
Posts: 813
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

I can't watch the opening of "X-Men" without feeling that the Professor is hitting on me.

__________________
WOLVERINE: "What "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" did to the franchise can't be undone"

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #88
merbass
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 696
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Xavier can even wipe all CIA's minds if he wants too. He is the greatest telepath, so that is not difficult for him. Or he could simply mind control them to stop looking for him.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #89
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,852
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
It could be played both ways...either she was mind wiped or she is in fact covering for Charles.

Theres nothing in that particular scene that can confirm nor deny either scenario.

I know that when I saw that scene that I took it to be very ambiguous.
Xavier puts his fingers to his temple when they kiss. That would surely imply that he wiped her for real.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #90
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Xavier puts his fingers to his temple when they kiss. That would surely imply that he wiped her for real.
Yes indeed. That gesture shows she was mind-wiped.

The bigger question is why the CIA wouldn't be able to find him; he'd be easy enough to track down. The only answer must be that they cannot prove he was in any way involved with the incident at Cuba (or that know it wasn't him who reversed the missiles back at them) and thus have no interest in him.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #91
By your Command
Danger Room Technician
 
By your Command's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sal Tlay Ka Siti
Posts: 813
Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes indeed. That gesture shows she was mind-wiped.

The bigger question is why the CIA wouldn't be able to find him; he'd be easy enough to track down. The only answer must be that they cannot prove he was in any way involved with the incident at Cuba (or that know it wasn't him who reversed the missiles back at them) and thus have no interest in him.
I know I've been joking about the why the CIA won't be able to find Charles Xavier in the Xavier School for the gifted, but what I think will work in favor of Charles is that mutants will stop becoming the goverment's dirty little secret and they will become public knowledge (hopefully through a Time magazine investigation about genetics), we have to remember that the USA and the USSR wanted to destroy the mutants because they were scared of them, the fact that they returned the missiles or not doesn't matter, they still want to get rid of them, so when the CIA finds out that there are more than 12 mutants in the world then eliminating Charles Xavier won't really be of much help.

__________________
WOLVERINE: "What "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" did to the franchise can't be undone"

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.