The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #76
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I may have missed something but I thought Moira was pretending to be mind wiped while she was being interrogated.
I'm pretty sure she was actually mind wiped. But he didn't mindwipe all knowledge of him, just the location of the X-Men. Her memory went blank when they all left to go to Xavier's mansion. So she would still know him.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #77
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: First Class and how it changes certain perceptions of lines/scenes from the Trilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I'm pretty sure she was actually mind wiped. But he didn't mindwipe all knowledge of him, just the location of the X-Men. Her memory went blank when they all left to go to Xavier's mansion. So she would still know him.

I interpreted that scene differently for some reason.

If it's going to be debated as an inconsistency I suppose Beast could have given her the location or something else happens in the gap.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #78
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I interpreted that scene differently for some reason.

If it's going to be debated as an inconsistency I suppose Beast could have given her the location or something else happens in the gap.
There's definitely plenty of explanation that could fill in the gaps.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #79
LostSon88
Side-Kick

It could be played both ways...either she was mind wiped or she is in fact covering for Charles.

Theres nothing in that particular scene that can confirm nor deny either scenario.

I know that when I saw that scene that I took it to be very ambiguous.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #80
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Even if Moira was wiped or not, the CIA knows who Charles Xavier is, and the moment the Xavier School for gifted youngsters open, he at least has to confront one or two goverment agents.

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #81
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

They still wouldn't know how to find him yet...

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #82
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Well if the CIA can't find Charles Xavier in the Charles Xavier School for the gifted, then we're definitely gonna need another CIA.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #83
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

They'll find him eventually, but I doubt it'll be very soon...

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #84
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
Well if the CIA can't find Charles Xavier in the Charles Xavier School for the gifted, then we're definitely gonna need another CIA.
In the light of the fact that he was crippled on the beach (and probably in hospital for months) and that he wasn't directly involved in the reversal of the missiles, i think they would show a little mercy.

Plus the fact that if he did that mindwipe to Moira, he could easily do it to anyone else who came snooping. He's made himself untouchable and formed an uneasy truce.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #85
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
In the light of the fact that he was crippled on the beach (and probably in hospital for months) and that he wasn't directly involved in the reversal of the missiles, i think they would show a little mercy.

Plus the fact that if he did that mindwipe to Moira, he could easily do it to anyone else who came snooping. He's made himself untouchable and formed an uneasy truce.
You're right, I'm not saying that he's helpless, I'm saying that if they were looking for him at the end of the movie, and he opens a School with that name, he's gonna become an expert on the mindwipes pretty fast. In fact, it could become a recurrent gag in a sequel.

Agent: "Good Morning, we're looking for Professor Charles Xavier".
Xavier: "No, you're not".
Agent: "Thank you for your time".

Old 06-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #86
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
I just rewatched X2 and I was right. Contrary to what others have said, there's absolutely NOTHING that indicates that Magneto and Mystique knew the dam was ruptured.

They didn't leave Xavier to die.
I know you were. And do you know how? Because I was....and knowing is half the battle. G.I. Jooooeeee!!!!!

But seriously thanks.

Quote:
LOL...I don't think they thought this all the way through. Unless he mindwiped them a little.

Quote:
You're right, I'm not saying that he's helpless, I'm saying that if they were looking for him at the end of the movie, and he opens a School with that name, he's gonna become an expert on the mindwipes pretty fast. In fact, it could become a recurrent gag in a sequel.

Agent: "Good Morning, we're looking for Professor Charles Xavier".
Xavier: "No, you're not".
Agent: "Thank you for your time".
Joe Swanson voice, "HA!" I laughed a little when he tricked the CIA guy into getting into the car.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #87
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

I can't watch the opening of "X-Men" without feeling that the Professor is hitting on me.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #88
merbass
Side-Kick

Xavier can even wipe all CIA's minds if he wants too. He is the greatest telepath, so that is not difficult for him. Or he could simply mind control them to stop looking for him.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #89
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
It could be played both ways...either she was mind wiped or she is in fact covering for Charles.

Theres nothing in that particular scene that can confirm nor deny either scenario.

I know that when I saw that scene that I took it to be very ambiguous.
Xavier puts his fingers to his temple when they kiss. That would surely imply that he wiped her for real.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #90
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Xavier puts his fingers to his temple when they kiss. That would surely imply that he wiped her for real.
Yes indeed. That gesture shows she was mind-wiped.

The bigger question is why the CIA wouldn't be able to find him; he'd be easy enough to track down. The only answer must be that they cannot prove he was in any way involved with the incident at Cuba (or that know it wasn't him who reversed the missiles back at them) and thus have no interest in him.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #91
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes indeed. That gesture shows she was mind-wiped.

The bigger question is why the CIA wouldn't be able to find him; he'd be easy enough to track down. The only answer must be that they cannot prove he was in any way involved with the incident at Cuba (or that know it wasn't him who reversed the missiles back at them) and thus have no interest in him.
I know I've been joking about the why the CIA won't be able to find Charles Xavier in the Xavier School for the gifted, but what I think will work in favor of Charles is that mutants will stop becoming the goverment's dirty little secret and they will become public knowledge (hopefully through a Time magazine investigation about genetics), we have to remember that the USA and the USSR wanted to destroy the mutants because they were scared of them, the fact that they returned the missiles or not doesn't matter, they still want to get rid of them, so when the CIA finds out that there are more than 12 mutants in the world then eliminating Charles Xavier won't really be of much help.