The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 07-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #26
UltimateJustin
The Hype's Black Purist

Default Re: OFFICIAL Dark of the Moon REVIEW THREAD - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Anyone using the term "haters" as a construct of their argument deserves not to be listened to.
Dude, I was making an acrostic that spelled out "dare to be" with the word "stupid" italicized at the end. It's a reference to some old 80's film about car robots and was meant to negate everything I had written.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #27
nocomics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunteri View Post
LOL i had the same thinking about the Decpticons on the Moon (there where soooo many and the ships)...it would have been almost better if part of Cyberton came through and the Decpticons where there waiting to come to Earth .......and the Wires thing just wasted time.

These where the things i thought could have made the movie better (SPOILER)_

1. Einstein's robot should have looked more robot like and less human face (felt weird).
2. Sam should have run out to save Bubblebee when they were about to shot him...he felt like a coward just looking.......bubblebee has risked his life so many time. They could have done a epic....bubblebee gets shot (create tension) and Sam runs out and then the cavalry comes in to save the day.
3. Starscream should not have died instead he should have told Megatron that he looks weak and the Primes are winning (instead of the supermodel tell him....funny this dialogue feels like it would have worked perfectly with Megan Fox's character because of her history with the Decepticons)
4. we could have had a epic fight with Megatron, Sentinal and Optimus. Sentinal could have been badly injured. Optimus kills megatron. Sam and Bubblebee destroy the pillar (control for the portal thing). Sentinal runs towards it to save it and get blasted towards Cybertron (poetic justice) as it gets destroyed.
5. Starcream runs away again (classic)
I agree with most of this and I just think there seemed to lack that blockbuster ending that these movies seem to be missing. I did think this was better than the last one, and I did find Shia less annoying than the previous films. I did find it hard to swallow with the change of girlfriends and I kindof felt she detracted, but I guess that happens when co-star leaves the series?
Also, there wasn't any annoying robots like in the last one who kindof took away from the movie, and the two little guys were actually well used in this one.
This one also felt very long and it seemed to drag on and on, they could of knocked off like 20minutes. Overall, it was a worthy effort, just to me the story was kindof weak and end battle was sort of weak,but a good effort.

Transformers DoTm>Transformers>Transformers II

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #28
hunteri
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomics View Post
I agree with most of this and I just think there seemed to lack that blockbuster ending that these movies seem to be missing. I did think this was better than the last one, and I did find Shia less annoying than the previous films. I did find it hard to swallow with the change of girlfriends and I kindof felt she detracted, but I guess that happens when co-star leaves the series?
Also, there wasn't any annoying robots like in the last one who kindof took away from the movie, and the two little guys were actually well used in this one.
This one also felt very long and it seemed to drag on and on, they could of knocked off like 20minutes. Overall, it was a worthy effort, just to me the story was kindof weak and end battle was sort of weak,but a good effort.

Transformers DoTm>Transformers>Transformers II
Ya Totally...i enjoyed it as well...it was a great summer big action movie. Definitely better then the 2nd one...i know there going to be fans that will "fan-edit" 2nd and 3rd one together and trim the fat and make it a much better film.

hunteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #29
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

I have a confession that I have been holding back, that confession is that I think that the Decepticon with the tenticles was pretty unstimulating and a waste of money. It's too bad, the money that was used on it could have been used to give the new Transformers more screen time and character development but instead we got an excessively looking plain yet overly detailed enemie that looked ******* fake as hell at times. It's sort of weird considering the fact that I sort of liked it not by much on the other hand.

S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:24 AM   #30
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

****!!!!! Igor got the short end of the stick so bad that I even forgot about his existence in the movie, this little guy definitely required more screen time. He was ******* barely in the movie.

S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #31
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Better than TF2, but not by much. Ironhide dies and not a single f**k was given by anybody. It was weird rooting for Megatron, even for a few seconds lol. 6/10

Old 07-02-2011, 02:06 AM   #32
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

miles better than the first two 7.5/10

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #33
Drizzle
Assemble Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Better than TF2, but not by much. Ironhide dies and not a single f**k was given by anybody. It was weird rooting for Megatron, even for a few seconds lol. 6/10
It's funny. The audience in my theater more than made up for the fact that nobody mentioned Ironhide after he died. When he got shot, all the fanboys literally shouted out "NO!" I was too shocked for words.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #34
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

I wish lol

Old 07-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #35
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
what was interesting was that they didnt even use sad music when he dies. the editing music and short scenes made it look like a bad robot died.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #36
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

I'll at least give 'em credit for the G1-ness of Ironhide turning grey and dissolving after getting shot. And hooray for Sideswipe getting a handful of lines. Weird accent though.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #37
dark_b
Side-Kick

i am suprised that they didnt show Megatron when promothing. since he had such a small role.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #38
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
It's funny. The audience in my theater more than made up for the fact that nobody mentioned Ironhide after he died. When he got shot, all the fanboys literally shouted out "NO!" I was too shocked for words.
I think my audience was shocked when Ironhide died...they were pretty much silent.

It was the same way when Optimus died in ROTF.

Me though? I let out a "Aw man...****ing traitor."

Old 07-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #39
PowersOfMind
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post

Same in my theater, there was a collective "NO!". I think one woman screamed "Somebody stop him."

PowersOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #40
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
What should have been a central plot theme with Sentinal's betrayal, was completely brushed over. What should have been an emotional moment when he killed Ironhide in cold blood (oil?) was completely glossed over. It was like, "OK everybody, I'm a traitor!"
That's why Bay is a god awful story teller. I just can't turn off my mind like he demands. Apparently some can though. Ooooh boobs, models, explosions, funny obnoxious guys ....

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #41
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Strong dislike for this film. The plot was drawn out and boring (and unconvincing), and the cliche "humor" parts killed me. I hated how people in my audience laughed right on cue like someone told them "now laugh." I was glad when it was over.

*~FHM~*
AndThePickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #42
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Maybe they laughed because they thought it was funny.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #43
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
So, just because you don't find something funny, nobody is allowed to?
People can laugh at what they like, I just disliked the predictability of the "humor" in this film. Not a fan of "laugh track" humor in ANY movie.

*~FHM~*
AndThePickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #44
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

I didn't find the humor to be that bad. I honestly don't see why people would. It was pretty minor, and I thought balanced the darker aspects of the film well. As Jake said, I imagine people laughed because they thought it was funny. I thought some of it was funny enough for an action movie.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #45
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
You ever seen the first Transformers The Movie in 1986? You remember the Autobots giving a f*** about him dying then? Just saying. Transformers are a little more disposeable than X-Men and Superheroes. Most of them were fair game to be killed over and over again without much fanfare in the comics and cartoons. I didn't really notice that anyways. I mean that's the reality they live in, and they had plenty of stuff to preoccupy their minds afterwards.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #46
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

I'm ashamed to say I just finished that movie for the first time like 30 mins ago(Freakin loved it btw). I at least would have expected an "Ironhide noooooooooo" from Sideswipe who was standing like 10 feet away from SP's betrayal.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #47
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!

TF3 for me followed almost the exact same story as TF2. I liked that it was darker and the action was epic but the pacing was slow and boring and we didn't need an hour of worthless new human character moments, it was tiring. So by the time we get to the epic finale, even all that stuff dragged on. Visually great eye candy as usual and the 3d wasn't bad at all. I like these characters, I like these movies, but they lost a little bit of the magic of the first movie, which is a classic imo.

Fanticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #48
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm ashamed to say I just finished that movie for the first time like 30 mins ago(Freakin loved it btw). I at least would have expected an "Ironhide noooooooooo" from Sideswipe who was standing like 10 feet away from SP's betrayal.
The animated movie is awesome. I've loved it ever since I was 5.

I thought that Sideswipe went down another ramp/entrance. Only Bumblebee, Ironhide and Sentinel were there.

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 07-02-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #49
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
I thought that Sideswipe went down another ramp/entrance. Only Bumblebee, Ironhide and Sentinel were there.
You're right, it was BB. I thought it happened immediately after the Mexican stand-off.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #50
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

If I could change anything, it was Starscream dying at the hands of [mostly] the humans. He's my favorite character and I hate to see him go out like a punk, although I ought to be completely used to that by now, it's only the umpteen millionth time he has. I also wish they'd given a little more time to Shockwave. He was visually stunning, and I mean it's not uncommon to simply use Transformers like video game bosses, but the audience never even were given a glimpse of his character and he's a very unique Decepticon. I won't be too hard on them for that because really there are a plethora of Transformers I could say that about. Some of whom after 28 years STILL haven't had their moment. Trailbreaker, Skids, Thundercracker, Reflector, Counterpunch and Smokescream all come to mind.