The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #26
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

Default Re: T: DOTM - Jablonsky's Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

nothing but win right here.
alot of emotion behind this scene.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Shockwave/the driller theme was badass. I also liked the "bummer" version of Arrival to Earth from the first film.
Exactly. haha

OoAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:42 AM   #27
dark_b
Side-Kick

the first movie had the best score. the second score had good moments.

i dont think the third score had one epic or awe moment in the movie. i dont think Optimus theme was in the movie.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #28
Darth Megatron
Hillfigure: Demi God

Anybody know how to find the score when Sentenial Prime & Megs have the Cons unleash Armaggeddon on Chicago when he says seal off the city that's one of the best decepticon scores ive heard

" Death to Lucifer",-Lord Megatron
Darth Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #29
combocaz
Side-Kick

The All Spark is still my fav score from the first movie.

combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #30
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

I love the bit during the battle where Optimus flies down and starts owning decepticons. I got such a rush right there.

4. Whiplash
5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
The Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:46 AM   #31
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Agreed.^

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #32
TAK The Voyager
Powerless

The score is great, my favorites have got to be "It's Our Fight" and "I'm Just the Messenger".

TAK The Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #33
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

nothing but win right here.
alot of emotion behind this scene.
That is probably my favorite of all of them. The theme that signals their arrival in the 1st movie plays during their departure in this one.

Also, I love these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xyYef5k6o
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBJ90C4kDCA
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #34
Superhero 101
DESI

I really enjoyed the score for this Movie it was definitely better then the Second one but can someone tell me what the name of the score is when the Decepticons were chasing Sentinel and Sam on the Freeway

Old 07-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #35
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
I really enjoyed the score for this Movie it was definitely better then the Second one but can someone tell me what the name of the score is when the Decepticons were chasing Sentinel and Sam on the Freeway
I think it was "Battle".

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #36
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

"Battle", "It's Our Fight", "The Fight Will Be Your Own" and "I'm Just the Messenger" were the highlights from this album.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #37
webhead731
I'm a photographer

The freeway scene is "Battle", yes.

I love Jablonsky but he seems to leave a lot of crap out on his CDs. There was stuff I heard in the movie that is not on the score.

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #38
SPIDER-MAN-ROX
Big Ugly Go-Bot

Possible longer Score to be released alongside the Blu-Ray/DVD release of Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.

http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2...log-about.html

Thursday, June 30, 2011Steve Jablonsky writes this blog about TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON score CD!!!
When it comes to Transformers: Dark Of The Moon's orchestral score, you can't get much more authoritative a source than the man who composed it! A short while ago Steve Jablonsky sent me an e-mail about the current state of the score album's CD. In it he not only explains what's going on with it, he also provides a fascinating insight into the makings of a major summer blockbuster!
So without further ado, here is Mr. Jablonsky...

Hi Chris
Nice to hear from you. As you probably know the score is now up on iTunes. The physical CD situation has been more complicated. I finished the album weeks ago, but we didn't actually finalize it until a few days ago. Michael Bay is really happy with the score and he wanted to check out the album before it went out. As you might imagine, he's a busy dude. He's been flying all over the world promoting TF3, making it difficult to get approval. But I was happy that he wanted to be a part of the soundtrack and I did not want to release anything before he had his say. The record company tells me they need 4-6 weeks to get the album produced and into stores, which would put us into August at this point. A lot of discussion went into this, but the decision was made to wait on the physical CD, and release some kind of special edition alongside the blu-ray release (maybe autographed copies or other goodies, we don't know yet).

I know people are probably disappointed. Believe me I wish I could get physical CD's out there tomorrow. But it's just the way things went this time around. I can see why Paramount would rather not release a score CD almost 2 months after the movie release. To them it makes more sense to do something special around the blu-ray/DVD. I understand that.

So anyone interested in a CD should rest assured that it WILL happen. It just won't happen until later in the year unfortunately.

These big movies are so complex sometimes!! I hope you've been well!

Steve

In the past 24 hours a wazoo-load of folks have written in, wondering if there was going to be a CD at all, based on a number of indicators. But there it is from the man himself: Transformers: Dark Of The Moon: The Score WILL be coming out on nice and shiny physical media... and in comparatively the same amount of time that we had to wait for Transformers: The Score. Which in retrospect wasn't too awfully long a wait. It's just that too many of us wanted Steve Jablonsky's beautiful work to get the respect that it deserved... as it indeed it is getting this time, without a doubt :-)
In the meantime however, Transformers: Dark Of The Moon: The Score is already available on iTunes! I purchased it last night and have been listening to it like crazy all day!! This whole album is amazing and there are some positively powerful tracks on here. "Sentinel Prime" is particularly haunting (but that's all I'm gonna say, for sake of those who haven't seen the movie yet but who no doubt wil be doing so soon ;-)

So there y'all have it: the score CD is gonna be rolling out soon! Thank you Steve, for passing along the word :-)

Posted by Chris Knight at 6/30/2011 10:51:00 PM

Old 07-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #39
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

I love Jablonsky. I wish he scored my life.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #40
Thor_Odinson
Side-Kick

Thanks for the update about the CD!

Thor_Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #41
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Well at least we are getting an actual CD score even if a bit late, kind of the same thing happened I remember when the 2007 TF film score was released months later after the movie.

I noticed that most of the music doesn't have that rapid quick action packed pace, especially during the freeway chase the music there had a slow pulsating beat.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:57 AM   #42
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

I still wish they could have found a spot for "Scorponok" to come back starting at 2:22! Maybe when the Autobots came back and arrived at Chicago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFns0LA7O0

Old 10-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #43
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Does anyone know if the track that's played during the highway chase is on the score soundtrack?