Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 07-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #26
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Default Re: The official X-men First Class BD/DVD thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
DVD is yucky.
What the hell is this "DVD" you guys speak of?

Old 07-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #27
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Blu-ray all the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Blu Ray is a waste of money.
To quote Tony Stark from the first Iron Man movie...

"Is it too much to ask for both?"

I have a Blu-ray on a big screen but I also have regular DVD on everything else in my home. So, I want deluxe DVD versions like the old days. Why save all the cool extra features just for Blu-ray? Give me the two-disc special edition and something to watch as I fall asleep at night. Is that too much to ask for??? I'm not knocking Blu-ray.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #28
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

In this economy people can't just spend a bunch of money on new formet.The cheapest
at Wal mart they have Blu-Ray IS around 100 dollars.Plus Blu-Ray can cost more than
DVD'S.Granted there are probally places online where you can get deals but still.

The reason why you can play DVDs on Blu-Ray Is so noone can accuse the studios
of making all the money people have spent on DVDS be a waste.

The thing that really pisses me off Is studios only put a lot of special features on the Blu-Rays,Iron Man 2 Is prime example of this.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #29
Nell2ThaIzzay

X-Men: The Last Stand is another example. The DVD has no special features, and only a few deleted scenes. The Blu Ray has a ton more deleted scenes, and all the backstage, behind the scenes, making of special features and documentaries.

Blu Ray isn't going to be my primary mode of watching movies. But since I got my setup for cheap, I will definitely use it for movies I watch regularly anyways. Like the X-Men movies.

I'd get Lord of the Rings, but I don't want to spend $100+ on the Blu Ray box set when I don't even watch the extended versions. Call me weird, but outside of a couple plot points (most notably, going more in depth with Boromir and Faramir), I'm just not that interested in the extended. I prefer watching the theatrical. To my knowledge, the Lord of the Rings Blu Ray set that is out doesn't have theatrical, just extended.

Outside of that, I'd probably get the Star Wars movies. Mayyyybbbee the Terminator movies (1 and 2 anyways). And a couple other movies here or there. Blu Ray is definitely better. But not better enough to double the cost of movies to be the primary format I watch. Upconverted DVD's aren't that bad.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #30
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post

I'd get Lord of the Rings, but I don't want to spend $100+ on the Blu Ray box set when I don't even watch the extended versions. Call me weird, but outside of a couple plot points (most notably, going more in depth with Boromir and Faramir), I'm just not that interested in the extended. I prefer watching the theatrical. To my knowledge, the Lord of the Rings Blu Ray set that is out doesn't have theatrical, just extended.
The theatrical versions of LOTR have already been released on blu-ray, and have been out for awhile. The box set that came out this week is the extended versions, which are being released on blu-ray for the first time.

I got the extended edition LOTR box set for my birthday this week.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #31
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
The theatrical versions of LOTR have already been released on blu-ray, and have been out for awhile. The box set that came out this week is the extended versions, which are being released on blu-ray for the first time.

I got the extended edition LOTR box set for my birthday this week.
Oh, are the regular versions on Blu Ray?

I haven't seen them anywhere. Although I haven't particularly been looking for them. But I hadn't seen them. I'll probably end up just picking those up.

That box set looks amazing though, for people who do love the extendeds. What is like, like 15 discs or something for 3 movies? I don't know the exact number but I know it was something redonk like that. That's a freaking collector's set.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #32
BMM
Side-Kick

The theatrical edition box set is little over $45.00 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Pic...9652360&sr=8-4

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #33
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Oh, are the regular versions on Blu Ray?

I haven't seen them anywhere. Although I haven't particularly been looking for them. But I hadn't seen them. I'll probably end up just picking those up.

That box set looks amazing though, for people who do love the extendeds. What is like, like 15 discs or something for 3 movies? I don't know the exact number but I know it was something redonk like that. That's a freaking collector's set.
Yeah, it's 15 discs, and I think it's 26 hours of extra features. I loved the extended versions (I just saw all 3 of them in the theater recently), so I was holding out for this set. Although I was tempted to pick up the theatrical blu-rays when Amazon had them for $8 each a few months ago.

Both versions are terrific, you really can't go wrong with either version.

I won't upgrade any of the Harry Potter DVDs I have until all of the movies are out, since there will probably be a big box set coming for the whole series soon enough.

I'm not as excited for the Star Wars set as I should be since it won't include the original versions of the first three films.

I did upgrade my X-Men trilogy to blu-Ray awhile back. I donated my old X-Men DVDs, along with a few others.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #34
merbass
Side-Kick

It is my dream to one day see extended editions of X-men movies (if they do exist) on BD.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #35
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
It is my dream to one day see extended editions of X-men movies (if they do exist) on BD.
They don't exist, but there is certainly enough quality deleted and alternate material to make some pretty good "extended" versions of the films.

I think X-Men could benefit from the additional Rogue footage, as well as the extended conversation between Logan and Scott in the bedroom.

X2 seems to have the least need for deleted material, as none of the deleted scenes, at least on the Blu Ray, really add much of anything to the movie.

X-Men: The Last Stand would be severely improved by the addition of some of that alternate footage, like the alternate dialogue between Wolverine and Iceman as they board the jet for Alcatraz, and also the alternate version of Rogue rejecting the cure would make things more satisfying.

I think that X-Men Origins: Wolverine would also greatly benefit from some of it's alternate footage, more specifically the alternate mind erase sequence. I feel that alternate scene is done so much better than what we got, fits the character and the story so much better, and allows the adamantium bullets plot point actually make a little bit of sense. The deleted scene with Creed finding and killing Blob would also make more sense for Creed just showing up in New Orleans (although at least his reason for being there is still acknowledged: "Worked on Dukes")

I feel like there has to be some deleted footage of the Gambit fight as well, because him just appearing on the rooftop is definitely out of place.

And I really think that there's even more deleted footage that's not even on the Blu Ray for X-Men: The Last Stand. In fact, I know there is, as the behind the scenes documentary show them filming the scene of Storm explaining her African origins. There is so much deleted footage from that film, I would love to see it all. I really truly feel that there's an entirely different movie out there somewhere in deleted footage and alternate takes. I'd love a chance to get my hands on all the deleted footage from that movie.

If I ever had an opportunity to replace the official versions of X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine with my preferred versions of the films based on the deleted / alternate footage that I know exists, I really feel like those 2 movies would absolutely blow X-Men and X2 out of the freaking water.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-03-2011, 04:39 AM   #36
merbass
Side-Kick

That's the point. You see the deleted stuff that appear on DVD and BD, but in fact there might be some footage that we never heard of.

XFC will have 13 deleted scenes and most of it involved Moira. If you watch B roll footage, there were supposed to be more scenes or extended conversation etc.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:18 AM   #37
Ipodman
Love Tension

I rather they make the DVD really stupid and put all the good stuff on the Blu-ray because that's what everyone should be buying. I'm just kidding, I love DVD too, but Blu-ray is much better!

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #38
YoungE808
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I'm a member already.

I go there for the reviews especially.

Yeah, Best Buy still has some good deals, but for me it's all about Amazon since I don't mind waiting for it to ship. Usually I get it a day after it's in the stores...at the most.
Yeah, it's truly an awesome site. Have you gotten in on the Blockbuster 5/$20 sale yet? Amazon is great not only because of the no tax deal, but because if you're a student you can get Amazon Prime free for a year.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #39
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I hope we get a documentary on the DVD/Blu-Ray that covers the history of X-Men.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #40
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungE808 View Post
Yeah, it's truly an awesome site. Have you gotten in on the Blockbuster 5/$20 sale yet? Amazon is great not only because of the no tax deal, but because if you're a student you can get Amazon Prime free for a year.
I didn't realize there was a Blockbuster 5/$20 deal going on. I'm going to have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up.

Figs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #41
Apollo
Canned User

will the deleted scenes be added into an extended version? ....... or just deleted scenes?.....

Apollo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #42
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
will the deleted scenes be added into an extended version? ....... or just deleted scenes?.....
It will be just deleted scenes. The extended edition was a wishful edition.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #43
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veidt View Post
DVD? Are you stuck in 2002? Hellooooo, get with the times.

b)
I don't buy Blu Ray

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #44
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Ehh. There's a certain point where getting the blackest blacks and the sharpest colours just doesn't interest me anymore. I've got an HD telly, DVD player with an HDMI output and that's fine for me. Most of the stuff I watch wouldn't benefit from HD anyway.

I can co-exist peacefully with Blu Ray except when companies try and force you into it by stripping back the DVDs. That isn't right in my opinion. You should buy BR for the advantages it has to offer, not because it's the only way to get extras you'd expect from a regular DVD. [/endrant]
Yeah I hate the DVDs are so lacking of extras these days and yet Blu Ray has all of them .

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #45
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Well yeah. That's the point. They want everyone to convert over to Bluray.

I hopped on the bandwagon a while ago after realizing that being "loyal" to the DVD format just wasn't going to cut it anymore.

On the plus side, at least you'll be able to get your movies on the cheap, since DVDs are so ridiculously low priced nowadays.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #46
Hellion
He's Not Serious

What about box sets?

As far as I know, the last time region 1 got a box set was the Blu-Ray release of the trilogy (before the Trilogy on Blu, I had the 6-disc Region 2 set...). When Wolverine was released on DVD/Blu Region 2 and other regions got a "Quadrilogy" set, while Region 1 didn't...

...I woulnd't mind an X-Men "Saga" set when First Class comes out (I guess I'm on of the few who enjoyed all the films)...I'd gladly buy another set just to have all the films in a set...

Old 07-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #47
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
What about box sets?

As far as I know, the last time region 1 got a box set was the Blu-Ray release of the trilogy (before the Trilogy on Blu, I had the 6-disc Region 2 set...). When Wolverine was released on DVD/Blu Region 2 and other regions got a "Quadrilogy" set, while Region 1 didn't...

...I woulnd't mind an X-Men "Saga" set when First Class comes out (I guess I'm on of the few who enjoyed all the films)...I'd gladly buy another set just to have all the films in a set...
Me too.

And I also would buy a box set, if it was more in like with the X-Men / X2 box set, and not just all 5 Blu-Ray's in a box.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-05-2011, 04:01 AM   #48
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
It will be just deleted scenes. The extended edition was a wishful edition.
I can confirm that there will be no extended edition, just deleted scenes. I've been told that by people who know for sure... and I have made a plea for extended versions, but it doesn't seem to be something the studio wants to do.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:39 AM   #49
merbass
Side-Kick

There is going to be Quadrilogy, but I doubt Origins will be included.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #50
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

For those who own Blu-Ray does the Blu-Ray of past X Films have special features on them not on DVD.With the Last Stand I bought at Wal Mart one of these DVDs with several Deleted scenes.There were some DVDs with only a few.I got one that have the most In Deleted scenes.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote