The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 07-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #51
CelticPredator
Banned User

Default Re: Confused about Megatron's plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
He put is arm back on himself in the movie.

This is really turning into nitpicking. Nobody whined after TDK asking why Bruce would crash into Reese's car when he could have been not wearing a seatbelt and hit his head on the window and killed him. Or why Batman doesn't use a voice modulator instead of growling to hide his identity since he has all that Wayne tech. Or how Joker dressed as a 1950's nurse got into the hospital without anybody noticing. Or how was Two-Face wearing the same burned suit after he escapes the hospital when they would have cut it off his body because it was burned to his skin. Did those hurt TDK? If you look really hard, I am sure you can hate every movie ever.
He did....but they never explained it. Someone from the Nolan camp said the reason why his voice was so deep was he had a voice box thing in his suit.

And they enhanced it digitally.

But not sure if that counts because they never explained that in the movie.

And the Bumblething is simple...he's cooler without a voice.

CelticPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #52
SPIDER-MAN-ROX
Big Ugly Go-Bot

If the Decepticons had their own alliance with the humans for decades then why didn't they seek out the best scientists & chemists to create & refine synthetic energon or at least try to do so? Guess the Decepticons must have left their energon recipe back on Cybertron.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:45 AM   #53
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barce View Post
hey guys new here..but the short little thing fat thing was I think a Sharkticon..not sure on spelling...first seen on the original animated Transformers movie
It better not have been.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #54
UltimateJustin
The Hype's Black Purist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
It better not have been.
To preserve the sanctity of sharkticons?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #55
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
To preserve the sanctity of sharkticons?
Because it would have been stupid.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #56
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPredator View Post
He did....but they never explained it. Someone from the Nolan camp said the reason why his voice was so deep was he had a voice box thing in his suit.

And they enhanced it digitally.

But not sure if that counts because they never explained that in the movie.

And the Bumblething is simple...he's cooler without a voice.
Don't really agree with this. It just works in the movie because if he can't actually talk it makes it seem like Bumblebee is Sam's pet. In the 2nd movie he tells him to get back into garage just like a dog when he just came out to save him. Bee deserves a little more respect than that. I understand why they haven't given him a voice because it worked in the first movie when he made cute/funny sayings with his radio. I wanted him to be able to talk so we can get more of a character out of him but none of the other autobots besides Optimus have character either so its whatevers.

Last edited by Liam_H; 07-02-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #57
chaseter
Bland User

We learned a lot through Bumblebee's actions and his facial expressions. Do we need him to talk to learn about him? The characters that were lacking were Ratchet and Ironhide. They got the shaft in every single movie. I don't even think Ratchet talked this movie and if he did I don't remember as it would have been one short sentence.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:34 AM   #58
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

If they let Bumblebee talk, he might overshadow Shia LaBeouf, and that's just not allowed.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #59
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Don't really agree with this. It just works in the movie because if he can't actually talk it makes it seem like Bumblebee is Sam's pet. In the 2nd movie he tells him to get back into garage just like a dog when he just came out to save him. Bee deserves a little more respect than that. I understand why they haven't given him a voice because it worked in the first movie when he made cute/funny sayings with his radio. I wanted him to be able to talk so we can get more of a character out of him but none of the other autobots besides Optimus have character either so its whatevers.
This is correct. It was cute in the first one because we were just learning about the Transformers. It's now played out. They even have him mute in Transformers Prime. Come to think of it, Bumblebee using the radio to hook Sam and Mikaela up would have still worked even if he could talk.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #60
Liam_H
Side-Kick

^@Thundercrack85
If Bumblebee did talk then Bay would have to direct character interaction because he and Sam have the most interaction besides Optimus.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #61
Krimasen
Avenger 0

Quote:
Or how was Two-Face wearing the same burned suit after he escapes the hospital when they would have cut it off his body because it was burned to his skin
Actually, considering that Two-Face's mind was mentally screwed up after the burning, he also could've purposely burned another suit and wore that. However, that's a small detail that has zero bearing on the overall connecting story to Batman Begins. The entire Megatron plan just doesn't fit together well when combined with the first two films and that is what sticks out like a sore thumb.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #62
Spicy
Man-spider/Venom Fan

Maybe Megatron didnt know Sentinel was on the moon, so he came up with a plan B. or maybe he did know, but he needed the all spark to bring him back to life.

Spicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #63
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
Maybe Megatron didnt know Sentinel was on the moon, so he came up with a plan B. or maybe he did know, but he needed the all spark to bring him back to life.
The Decepticons knew good and well that Sentinel Prime was on the moon. They just needed Optimus Prime to go up there in order to revive him with the Matrix of Leadership, something Megatron and the others didn't have.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #64
Negrotigre
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post
Megatron's plan was to go find the All-Spark to revive his army....That's it!!

It ends in TF 1.

Parts 2 and 3 are all non sense. Worst writing ever.
Total agreement!

Negrotigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #65
Drizzle
Yo Soy Groot.

Quote:
The characters that were lacking were Ratchet and Ironhide. They got the shaft in every single movie. I don't even think Ratchet talked this movie and if he did I don't remember as it would have been one short sentence.
I disagree about Ironhide. I think he was given a good amount of screentime in the first film, and he definitely had a presence (although brief) in the second film. He didn't have much screentime in the third film, but the Mexican standoff scene more than made up for it and gave him one last defining moment before he was killed. Not to mention he had a handful of memorable lines throughout the three films, like:

"You feelin' lucky, punk?"
"I just wanted to show 'em my cannons."
"You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?"
"The parents are very irritating. Can I take them out? I'm just sayin' we could. It's an option."
"Punkass Decepticon."
"You want a piece of me? I will tear you apart!"
"Prime, make something of yourself! He's pissed."
"Class dismissed."

I'll agree with you regarding Ratchet, though. I feel like the only movie where he actually did anything was the first one, and even then all he did was get a good one-liner ("The boy's pheromone levels suggest he wants to mate with the female"), walk into some electric wires, and cut off Brawl's arm with his wrist cutter thing. He had probably two lines in ROTF and maybe three or four in DOTM. I feel like the only reason why they had Ratchet go to Chernobyl and then the moon with Optimus was because they had just remembered that Ratchet was still in these movies. If he had died, it wouldn't have had nearly the same impact as Ironhide's death.

All in all, though, the only Autobots who have a substantial amount of screentime throughout the three films are Optimus and Bumblebee. It makes sense from a story standpoint, as they are the main two that the audience has a connection to, especially Bee. But both times I saw DOTM, people did react to Ironhide's death.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #66
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimasen View Post
Actually, considering that Two-Face's mind was mentally screwed up after the burning, he also could've purposely burned another suit and wore that. However, that's a small detail that has zero bearing on the overall connecting story to Batman Begins. The entire Megatron plan just doesn't fit together well when combined with the first two films and that is what sticks out like a sore thumb.
It didn't show this in the movie. If people can connect the dots in that movie why can't they in this movie?

Megatron's plans were fine, I didn't see any problem with them. People have even clearly outlined them in here but some choose to ignore.

- Megatron makes a side deal with Sentinel during the end of the war on Cybertron. He watches as the ship gets shot down.

- Cybertron dies without energon so Megatron goes out looking for the allspark and crashed on Earth.

- Megatron returns to Cybertron and sees that his former master has returned from hiding because the last prime has fallen. He sends Megatron after the matrix of leadership and the sun killer as a way to revive Cybertron.

- Megatron is defeated again and goes to the desert to hide. He then learns through Laserbeak that Sentinel is on the moon and that he and Shockwave have been working on a plan to bring Cybertron to Earth with the help of Sentinel.

How is that hard to understand?

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #67
Nathan

Am I the only one that finds it silly that there were like 3 different plans to save Cybertron and they all involved earths? Cube? Located on earth. Sun harvester? Located on earth. Sentinel Prime and Pillars? Located on earth's moon to use earth's resources.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #68
Longshot777
Side-Kick

Ok, I only saw DOTM once.

Let me get this straight:

So Patrick Dempsey's dad made contact with Soundwave and Laserbeak way before Sam found out about the Transformers yet Soundwave was on part 2 and hasn't told Megatron about Sentinel on the moon.

Unless there are two Soundwaves...1 Sattelite and 1 Mercedes JUST LIKE there were 2 Devastators...1 Tank (Brawl) and 1 Constructicons combine

Or Soundwave probably told Megs off screen but Megs was more concerned with the Fallen's plan. It is plausible.

Also, when Sector 7 found Megatron in 1800s and reversed engineered his tech for our modern technology....making them the top experts on Transformers....YET NO ONE EVER TOLD THEM that there was another Giant Robot on the moon in the 1960s?? Not even Agent Simmons knew about the moon secret.

It is possible that Patrick Dempsey's DAD is way up there in influence that he can start his own rogue operations within the Government helped by Soundwave and Laserbeak to conceal such a Secret Mission to the moon.

But if Patrick Dempsey's Dad has that kind of power and know that a gaint robot was on the moon...SURELY he should've known about Megatron who was trapped in Hoover Dam also.

Yet Soundwave and Laserbeak DID NOT free their master from Hoover Dam OR CONTACT Starscream and the other Decepticons who were looking for Megatron all throughout the first film.

It is possible that Patrick Dempsey's dad has no idea about Sector 7 and their secrets and vice versa.

So ok....All those are possible....BUT I will never BUY that the LAX battle on the first film with all those civilians seeing those Giant Robots.....was totaly concealed by the government saying to the public THAT THOSE GIANT ROBOTS NEVER EXISTED. C'mon!!! That alone messed up ROTF from the get go.

Longshot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #69
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Am I the only one that finds it silly that there were like 3 different plans to save Cybertron and they all involved earths? Cube? Located on earth. Sun harvester? Located on earth. Sentinel Prime and Pillars? Located on earth's moon to use earth's resources.
Welcome to every sci-fi fiction series ever.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #70
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes a lot of people have noticed this too, or at least the people I know. Basically every Transformer movie so far could somehow be considered its stand alone movie or the 2nd and 3rd ones are just reboots of the first. With certain plot details to be tweaked.
I found it funny that there was some object of the Transformers that affected our history in the past and now its resurfacing again so everyone is after it now. I don't really care that much since it's evident that plot is hardly a factor in these movies.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #71
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

I thinks its funny that Megatron con stomp Prime's ass in the first film, and the last two have Prime beating Megatron easily... what a bunch of ********

DarthAlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #72
Nathan

Yeah, they severely over-powered Prime and totally gimped Megatron. They were both actually equally matched in the first Movie, if you watch them trade blows, that weren't in the close-up. After the first Movie, Megatron probably wouldn't even be able to take on Bumblebee.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #73
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
No. I joked a while ago about wondering what ancient Cybertronian artifact that the Autobots didn't know about would show up on Earth this time.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #74
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Ha, I found it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
So the plot of this movie involves the Transformers coming to Earth centuries ago, and nobody know about/government covered it up. How unique.
From Dec. 9 2010.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #75
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post
Ok, I only saw DOTM once.

Let me get this straight:

So Patrick Dempsey's dad made contact with Soundwave and Laserbeak way before Sam found out about the Transformers yet Soundwave was on part 2 and hasn't told Megatron about Sentinel on the moon.

Unless there are two Soundwaves...1 Sattelite and 1 Mercedes JUST LIKE there were 2 Devastators...1 Tank (Brawl) and 1 Constructicons combine

Or Soundwave probably told Megs off screen but Megs was more concerned with the Fallen's plan. It is plausible.

Also, when Sector 7 found Megatron in 1800s and reversed engineered his tech for our modern technology....making them the top experts on Transformers....YET NO ONE EVER TOLD THEM that there was another Giant Robot on the moon in the 1960s?? Not even Agent Simmons knew about the moon secret.

It is possible that Patrick Dempsey's DAD is way up there in influence that he can start his own rogue operations within the Government helped by Soundwave and Laserbeak to conceal such a Secret Mission to the moon.

But if Patrick Dempsey's Dad has that kind of power and know that a gaint robot was on the moon...SURELY he should've known about Megatron who was trapped in Hoover Dam also.

Yet Soundwave and Laserbeak DID NOT free their master from Hoover Dam OR CONTACT Starscream and the other Decepticons who were looking for Megatron all throughout the first film.

It is possible that Patrick Dempsey's dad has no idea about Sector 7 and their secrets and vice versa.

So ok....All those are possible....BUT I will never BUY that the LAX battle on the first film with all those civilians seeing those Giant Robots.....was totaly concealed by the government saying to the public THAT THOSE GIANT ROBOTS NEVER EXISTED. C'mon!!! That alone messed up ROTF from the get go.
I actually created a thread dedicated to discussing the time line.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=358021

Nobody read it though.