The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

View Poll Results: Megan or Rosie?
Megan Fox 64 50.00%
Rosie Huntington Whitely 48 37.50%
Tie 9 7.03%
Neither. I Chose Sam's Mom 7 5.47%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #51
Nathan

Default Re: Megan Fox or Rosie Huntington Whitely?

I don't get it why so many are voting Rosie. It's seems the biggest reason is because she's "nice". Like you'd want to give her a cookie and a hug if you ever met her. Sure, she wasn't terrible, especially for her first acting gig, but she was eye-candy personified. She was a model, hired to be a model. The only reason she's even above any of the background hotties, is because she has lines.

And for anyone saying that this relationship felt more real or natural, are you for real? It's as superficial as you can get. She was nothing but T&A, she didn't even have enough of a personality to care about. As I said in the Review Thread, Mikaela was a hands-on girl, with attitude and who got **** done. Carly is pretty. The end.

With all this relationship build-up in the first two Movies, the smart thing to have done, would have been to re-cast Mikaela. Then that smack talk to Megatron would have made a lick of sense, and the Movie wouldn't have regressed into damsel in distress territory with the girlfriend character.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #52
Cmill216
Senior Case Officer
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I don't get it why so many are voting Rosie. It's seems the biggest reason is because she's "nice". Like you'd want to give her a cookie and a hug if you ever met her. Sure, she wasn't terrible, especially for her first acting gig, but she was eye-candy personified. She was a model, hired to be a model. The only reason she's even above any of the background hotties, is because she has lines.
It's Megan Fox backlash, pure and simple. Me personally, I don't let perceived off-screen behavior affect my judgement of a performance. Rosie was horrendous, and highlighted everything that was right about Megan Fox's character.

Cmill216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #53
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

I agree. Mikela was a better character. I wish Bay just recasted instead of had a whole new actress. It would made her getting kidnapped even stronger if it was the same character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #54
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I agree. Mikela was a better character. I wish Bay just recasted instead of had a whole new actress. It would made her getting kidnapped even stronger if it was the same character.
And she would have probably at least head-butted the douche or taken down a Decepticon. The moments in the first Movie where she took off Frenzy's head or helps Bumblebee to take down Brawl, classic.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #55
PowersOfMind
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmill216 View Post
It's Megan Fox backlash, pure and simple. Me personally, I don't let perceived off-screen behavior affect my judgement of a performance. Rosie was horrendous, and highlighted everything that was right about Megan Fox's character.
I agree. As I was discussing with a friend after the movie, Carly/Rosie's role came across as a somewhat subtle " **** you" to Megan.

Carly works for a man who comes to work in jeans and a tee and she's dressed in a figure hugging white dress and stilettos. Mind you none of the other women are dressed that way.

And the character's response is "this is what you get when you play along with your boss' wishes", in reference to the car he "gifts" her with. Those weren't her exact words it was more like "What do you want, Sam?! He's my boss."

Ok she's a curator dressed for a night of clubing or the red carpet, this makes sense how exactly? And her excuse that he's her boss is okay?

I think what happened is they gave Mikaela a bit of depth without really meaning to and Megan realized this. The "she's just the hot girl" argument doesn't fly. Yes, when she and Sam have their first moment she's bent over the open hood of his car, in a miniskirt, but she's also checking the engine and she very knowledgeable about cars. Plus she can drive the hell out of car and hotwire one as well. Now I'm a female so I'm sure that's why I was more focused on her engine knowledge than how hot she is, but I think I fell in love with the character right then.

PowersOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #56
Nathan

She wasn't a completely helpless girl and she knew her way around machines. That immediately elevated her above just being a random hottie. It made her interesting.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #57
Call Me Darkman
He's a Freak!

Quote:
Megan Fox is not only more attractive, she's a significantly more believable actress. There was an "earthiness" to her character, a spunk, that Rosie completely lacked. Not to mention, Fox was actually given a sense of character. Her character grew up around cars, fixed cars, and eventually used that skill in a key moment in the final battle of Transformers 1. She wasn't a damsel in distress. Rosie just shows up, gets kidnapped, yet manages to manipulate the villain into the dumbest plot turn of the year.
Quote:

And for anyone saying that this relationship felt more real or natural, are you for real? It's as superficial as you can get. She was nothing but T&A, she didn't even have enough of a personality to care about. As I said in the Review Thread, Mikaela was a hands-on girl, with attitude and who got **** done. Carly is pretty. The end.

With all this relationship build-up in the first two Movies, the smart thing to have done, would have been to re-cast Mikaela. Then that smack talk to Megatron would have made a lick of sense, and the Movie wouldn't have regressed into damsel in distress territory with the girlfriend character.
I agree 100%.

Call Me Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #58
Timstuff
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowersOfMind View Post
I agree. As I was discussing with a friend after the movie, Carly/Rosie's role came across as a somewhat subtle " **** you" to Megan.
Maybe that's part of why so many people like her.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #59
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Rosie's lips in every scene basically looked she was ready to just provide....oral sustenance to whoever was within grasping distance.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #60
Nathan

Rosie for me, in all honesty, was a complete distraction. She just looked unnatural, like a living Barbie doll.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #61
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I just didn't like that scene where she's walking in slo mo with **** blowing up right behind her...

You could just feel my audience at that part.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #62
Timstuff
Banned User

I was more like at that part. Maybe it's because I saw it in 3D.

Timstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 AM   #63
casy26
New User - Level 0

Definitely Megan Fox, that Rosie doesn't bring anything into the movie, she's distracting and she's just a blonde bibmo that runs around in heels and doesn't even get dirty!!!
They would be better off without female character after ditching Megan!!!!
Carly serves absolutely no purpose!!!!!!!!

Last edited by casy26; 07-05-2011 at 04:45 AM.
casy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #64
Ken-Kaniff
Blue Steel!

If I judge by the looks, I choose Megan. I am no fan of how she looks nowadays, it's totally unattractive, but in both TF movies, she looked AMAZING, especially in the first, while Rosie is nothing special and I don't really like her face.

In terms of acting (although in this type of movie, you don't need amazing skills), I'd choose Rosie. She was alright aka better than Fox.

So there you go, it's a TIE for me, but I couldn't care too much about either of them, it's the robots that matter most to me.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #65
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Fox, simply for the sake of consistency. "Hey Sam, I know you saved the world twice and put your life on the line countless times for me just like, two weeks ago....but I think we should break up."

Old 07-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #66
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
I just didn't like that scene where she's walking in slo mo with **** blowing up right behind her...

You could just feel my audience at that part.
i think i heard some complaining about that scene. if i remember.

it was so funny to see that scene. it made no sense.

Last edited by dark_b; 07-05-2011 at 11:28 AM.
dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #67
Cmill216
Senior Case Officer
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Rosie for me, in all honesty, was a complete distraction. She just looked unnatural, like a living Barbie doll.
THANK YOU.

I've been saying this since the first teaser. She doesn't look like a "hot girlfriend". She looks like a supermodel. And we're supposed to believe she's dating a jobless stump like Shia? At least with Megan Fox there was an earthiness to her.

It makes no sense. Why cast a supermodel when there are dozens of young, hot actresses who can at least emote believably? Blake Lively, Amber Heard, that chick from Glee, etc. They're not great actresses, but they can convincingly play the love interest without looking blatantly out of place.

Cmill216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #68
dark_b
Side-Kick

i could accept a girl like her dating Shia in a Bay movie.

the problem is how she looked in the White House and her job before meeting Shia.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #69
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
THANK YOU.

I've been saying this since the first teaser. She doesn't look like a "hot girlfriend". She looks like a supermodel. And we're supposed to believe she's dating a jobless stump like Shia? At least with Megan Fox there was an earthiness to her.

It makes no sense. Why cast a supermodel when there are dozens of young, hot actresses who can at least emote believably? Blake Lively, Amber Heard, that chick from Glee, etc. They're not great actresses, but they can convincingly play the love interest without looking blatantly out of place.
and any of those girls would be a lot cheaper. not saying that Rossie got millions. but she was more expensive then an unknown girl

Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #70
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i could accept a girl like her dating Shia in a Bay movie.

the problem is how she looked in the White House and her job before meeting Shia.
What was wrong with that?

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #71
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

I'd need to test drive them both before making a sound decision.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #72
Snare
Side-Kick

Megan Fox definitely. Mikaela was extremely hot, but also pretty cool and knew how to handle herself when needed.

Last edited by Snare; 07-06-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Snare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #73
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The only other part that seemed blatant was when she was changing into the blue dress, that **** was hugging that booty like nobody's business. Bay has no shame in his game.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #74
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Rosie

Old 07-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #75
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Can anyone explain to me where they were going with that scene in ROTF when Sam is talking to Bumblebee in the garage and Mikela changes into that white (wedding?) dress? Then when Sam comes out she's standing there holding a bouquet and smiling.

...then nothing happens and Sam just leaves for college.

Wtf?