The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 07-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Default Firepower of the human military

Why do they continue to persist with weaksauce like bullets when they already have 40mm sabot rounds, which were already proven to be effective against Decepticon armor?

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Default Re: Firepower of the human military

It's better than nothing? Maybe.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:23 AM   #3
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

I really don't know much about guns but yes, I do remember in TF1 them mentioning what kind of ammo worked on Scorponok. But wasn't that ammo coming from an airplane? And could soldiers on the floor carry/use guns that take advantage of that type of ammo?

But they weren't completely "weaksauce". Even with their regular guns they showed briefly how they trained to take down the 'Cons. It was about efficiency. And it worked a little.

Still, they wouldn't have won a single battle without the Autobots, and really without Optimus.

OoAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:29 AM   #4
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoAnd1 View Post
I really don't know much about guns but yes, I do remember in TF1 them mentioning what kind of ammo worked on Scorponok. But wasn't that ammo coming from an airplane? And could soldiers on the floor carry/use guns that take advantage of that type of ammo?
The 40mm rounds were the bigger sabot rounds optimized for infantry use.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Thinking back to how much effin' firepower it took to get Scorponok to retreat, and then seeing Shockwave getting injured in the neck by a goddamn peashooter, it was just embarrassing.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Thinking back to how much effin' firepower it took to get Scorponok to retreat, and then seeing Shockwave getting injured in the neck by a goddamn peashooter, it was just embarrassing.
But again, it was about discovering weak-spots and taking advantage of them.

OoAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
def28
Side-Kick

I did like how they had that quick scene with the Military training with BumbleBee on how to handle Decpeticons. They needed more team work and less humans do all the work and a Autobot comes in last min to finish the job or save the day.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I did like how they had that quick scene with the Military training with BumbleBee on how to handle Decpeticons. They needed more team work and less humans do all the work and a Autobot comes in last min to finish the job or save the day.
You doubt the prowess of the US Military? Psh! They can handle anything!

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
AnorexicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #9
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Really there is no point to sending infantry to engage the Decepticons 99% of the time, or at least with anti-personnel weapons. Most of them are too large and armored for infantry equipment like assault rifles (designed to destroy humans) for the infantryman to do much damage. They really should have generally been using tanks and close air support (CAS) aircraft, and any infantry should have been using anti-materiel equipment like .50 cal machine guns and sniper rifles and antitank and antiaircraft missiles against the Decepticons. Then again, battles might be over in five minutes if that happened.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #10
MegaElron V

I liked how in the first two movies the US military beat the **** outta the decepticons. F22s in the first and a whole army in the second. They went from using everything in 1 and 2 to nothing in the third. I mean seriously the rail gun cant be used again? doesn't it have a range of here-to-the-moon or somethin?

MegaElron V is offline   Reply With Quote