The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: What do you want the next movie in the franchise to be?
FIRST CLASS 2 74 82.22%
X4 16 17.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #26
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Default Re: What would you rather see next - FIRST CLASS 2 or X4?

first class 2

Enter a fully powered Cyclops, Jean Grey Collososus and Storm Vs Russians Sentinels Led forth by Omega RED

*has orgasm*

I want to see Cyclops and Storm turning gigabots into sheet metal. Sure Colossus was young in X-3, but maybe his mutant power too slows down his aging :-)

That would be sooo schweeet

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #27
The Guard
Side-Kick

What a silly question. Both. The smart thing to do would be to start building a storyline in X-MEN: SECOND CLASS that culminates in future films. They should have been doing that with the Hellfire Club, frankly.

There are plenty of interesting places for X4 to go. I think people are a bit shortsighted about the team.

The current team appears to be Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, Kitty Pryde and Angel. That's a pretty decent lineup already. Possibly Beast would have a role. They haven't even scratched the surface of Jubilee. Banshee could always be brought in somehow, maybe Gambit. Dazzler would be amazing. There's Forge, Cable, Bishop, etc, any number of other lesser known characters could work.

If that's not enough, then there's an obvious built in way to bring Xavier back, the cure clearly wasn't permanent, so there's no reason we couldn't see Magneto and Rogue again. If filmmakers wanted to, they could easily find ways to bring Scott and Jean back (Sinister, anyone?)

There's really no reason we couldn't see Emma Frost in X4 (Sigourney Weaver, anyone?)

And let's face it, Stewart and McKellan won't be available forever. They should use them while they can.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #28
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

For me, X3 did too much damage for an X4 to be possible without some MAJOR ret-cons and ignorances, which I'm not sure I want.

So, definately FC2 for me, there is still plenty of ground to cover, they could still have stuff like Magneto helping Xavier build cerebro in the sequel just give them a reason to do it, like maybe finding Jean or another powerful mutant that neither can control on their own.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #29
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Your first sentence is exactly it for me.

Its gonna be way to convoluted to bring characters back and say the cure wasnt permanent. You wanna talk about losing credibility.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #30
JP
Smelly

A Matthew Vaughn directed First Class Sequel, and a Bryan Singer directed X4.

Please and thank you.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #31
thedevilhunter
Side-Kick

First class 2:

I don't want to see another movie woth Wolverine as the main character. With X4 it could be 6 films as the main character . X4 should be the true sequel of X2 that ties in FC as well.

I love to see more of Mcavoy and Fassbender while they are young and fresh.

thedevilhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #32
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
A Matthew Vaughn directed First Class Sequel, and a Bryan Singer directed X4.

Please and thank you.
Def. what I want to see.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #33
magneto23
Side-Kick

They totally botched X3 to the point where they can't continue. Wolverine and Storm are the only characters left. They basically crippled that series and there isn't a realistic way out. A FC trilogy is the way to go.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #34
Ipodman
Love Tension

If I could only choose one, then definitely First Class 2... (or Second Class!) and with the same cast of course!

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #35
superman555
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
They totally botched X3 to the point where they can't continue. Wolverine and Storm are the only characters left. They basically crippled that series and there isn't a realistic way out. A FC trilogy is the way to go.
Yes I agree and X3 is five years old...ppl have forgotten about it

superman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #36
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
This

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #37
quara33
Side-Kick

I loved First Class, and really hope they do a sequel to it next. I'm happy with the "modern day" trilogy ending at X3...no, it wasn't perfect, but it did tie things up in a way that I found rather satisfying.

What I don't want is someone coming in and bootstrapping some way to 'fix' the events of X3. If there's a graceful way to continue the storyline, sure, but I want the story to be good, not some sort of 'fix-it fic'.

If they do an X4, I would hope Fox re-casts where necessary, and frankly, gives the writers/directors the freedom to ignore whatever continuity they want to.

But as for me personally, I want to see what happens next in the First Class universe.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 AM   #38
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

X-Men 4, I have been waiting for that forever.

First Class was good and I would love to see Banshee/Havok/Emma again but c'mon they can't make prequels forever.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:09 AM   #39
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quara33 View Post
I loved First Class, and really hope they do a sequel to it next. I'm happy with the "modern day" trilogy ending at X3...no, it wasn't perfect, but it did tie things up in a way that I found rather satisfying.

What I don't want is someone coming in and bootstrapping some way to 'fix' the events of X3. If there's a graceful way to continue the storyline, sure, but I want the story to be good, not some sort of 'fix-it fic'.
I agree with this part. And honestly, I don't really see how they can "gracefully" continue. If they have to keep making X-Men movies, I'd say just continue from X-Men: First Class. There's 40 years worth of room for them to put stories in, and while they are somewhat limited in what they can do, due to continuity of X-Men, X2, and X-Men: The Last Stand, I think there are more limits on the series by continuing with an X-Men 4.

I just don't see what's left tho. The role of Mr. Sinister was essentially taken by William Stryker, so bringing him in is a rehash. Apocalypse is rather convoluted, and would have to be extremely toned down to the point that it would probably just piss fans off, the same way the new take on the Phoenix Saga did (personally, I liked the movie's version of Phoenix better than the cartoons / comics version of Phoenix being a space entity). Days of Future Past is probably the best option to continue the series with an X-Men 4, but even that isn't much better. We've seen the Xavier v. Magneto conflict for 4 movies, and a sequel to X-Men: First Class would likely be a rehash of that in some way, considering the final scene of the movie was of Magneto recruiting Emma Frost into his newly formed Brotherhood of Mutants. I'm just not sure what other direction they could go with the franchise from here. There's a reason why I say there's not really much left for the X-Men movies to cover. It's either been covered in one way or another, or would be way too convoluted for a movie that wants to be taken seriously. I think the only things left that have any kind of chance are Days of Future Past, or something else that deals with Sentinels. But even with those, we'd be continuing on without major characters like Cyclops, Xavier, or Jean Grey, and even though the movie hinted at it, I think that a future movie making the cure temporary and bringing back characters like Magneto and Rogue is rather contrived as well. I have my own personal theories as to why Magneto still seems to have his powers without making the cure temporary.

Last edited by Nell2ThaIzzay; 07-08-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:54 AM   #40
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I agree with this part. And honestly, I don't really see how they can "gracefully" continue. If they have to keep making X-Men movies, I'd say just continue from X-Men: First Class. There's 40 years worth of room for them to put stories in, and while they are somewhat limited in what they can do, due to continuity of X-Men, X2, and X-Men: The Last Stand, I think there are more limits on the series by continuing with an X-Men 4.

I just don't see what's left tho. The role of Mr. Sinister was essentially taken by William Stryker, so bringing him in is a rehash. Apocalypse is rather convoluted, and would have to be extremely toned down to the point that it would probably just piss fans off, the same way the new take on the Phoenix Saga did (personally, I liked the movie's version of Phoenix better than the cartoons / comics version of Phoenix being a space entity). Days of Future Past is probably the best option to continue the series with an X-Men 4, but even that isn't much better. We've seen the Xavier v. Magneto conflict for 4 movies, and a sequel to X-Men: First Class would likely be a rehash of that in some way, considering the final scene of the movie was of Magneto recruiting Emma Frost into his newly formed Brotherhood of Mutants. I'm just not sure what other direction they could go with the franchise from here. There's a reason why I say there's not really much left for the X-Men movies to cover. It's either been covered in one way or another, or would be way too convoluted for a movie that wants to be taken seriously. I think the only things left that have any kind of chance are Days of Future Past, or something else that deals with Sentinels. But even with those, we'd be continuing on without major characters like Cyclops, Xavier, or Jean Grey, and even though the movie hinted at it, I think that a future movie making the cure temporary and bringing back characters like Magneto and Rogue is rather contrived as well. I have my own personal theories as to why Magneto still seems to have his powers without making the cure temporary.
The great thing about FC though is that if they wanted to, they could use it as a reboot. Yes, there were nice nods to the existing films but that doesn't mean they have to stick with them. If they really wanted to make yet another Wolverine-centric movie under the FC universe, they could always invite HJ back. Beyond his and Rebecca's cameos, there really isn't anything that specifically links this to the other movies. And the Erik in the camps opening. They reuse some shots for it but even his mom is a different actress.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:42 AM   #41
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
The great thing about FC though is that if they wanted to, they could use it as a reboot.

This is what they SHOULD do. TPTB at FOX have to realize that they wrote themselves into a dead end with X3 and exhausted that cast/characters/potential stories. They have NO WHERE TO GO with a X4. It's done. But with First Class, they can go ANYWHERE. They can easily neglect/cut ties with the original trilogy (minor/cameo connections) and basically start the series from scratch right here. They can learn from their mistakes. They would still be able to use cyclopes/J Grey/Storm/who ever they want, recast them and insert them in the next film or the one after that. They have so much potential with FC. They could have Fassbender/McAvoy anchor a new series of films for the next decade. All they have to do is say X1-3/Wolverine films are separate and the FC films will be its own thing. Simple as that.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #42
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

First Class 2. I don't ever want to see a follow-up to The Last Stand unless they somehow cleverly explain away at least some of the crap in it. Maybe the Jean in TLS was a clone created by Mr. Sinister. Maybe Scott didn't die, the Phoenix teleported him elsewhere. I dunno.

I'd prefer that the rights to X-Men reverted to Marvel Studios and then they rebooted the whole franchise, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #43
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
hopefulsuicide, hopefully you'll get a great Cyclops role on the final part of this possible new trilogy.

I really really hope so.

Its my main interest about this new trilogy, to see the introduction of Scott, Jean and Ororo and how they meet the rest of the x-men, and watching them in action bigger than ever.
I just don't see how that's going to work, with it not being a reboot.

I mean, I would LOVE too see McAvoys Proffessor X first discover a teenage Scott... But will the try and cast someone who could be passable as James Marsden's younger self? Because if so, he's still gonna be much too short for the role...

And if they do cast him totally independantly of Marsden's portrayal, people will be making jokes about how he shrunk as he got older.

At the end of the day, they just got the character wrong in so many ways. And as long as they continue to tell stories from within that franchise i'm not going to have any faith in them rectifying it.

Quote:
This is what they SHOULD do. TPTB at FOX have to realize that they wrote themselves into a dead end with X3 and exhausted that cast/characters/potential stories. They have NO WHERE TO GO with a X4. It's done. But with First Class, they can go ANYWHERE. They can easily neglect/cut ties with the original trilogy (minor/cameo connections) and basically start the series from scratch right here. They can learn from their mistakes. They would still be able to use cyclopes/J Grey/Storm/who ever they want, recast them and insert them in the next film or the one after that. They have so much potential with FC. They could have Fassbender/McAvoy anchor a new series of films for the next decade. All they have to do is say X1-3/Wolverine films are separate and the FC films will be its own thing. Simple as that.
As great as I think that'd be, I think they already made it pretty clear they are stubbornly sticking to their 'prequel not a reboot' idea...

It's ridculous, and I have no idea why they won't just follow the trend (yes, for once I think they should just be sheep) and have let it be a reboot.

But they copied that entire opening sequence with the gate bending from X1. They set up a few bits of plotline so that it would tie in with X1-3 (even if they majorly missed the mark on a few). Not to mention the COMPLETELY pointless but promblematic addition of Wolverine...

Nah they are sticking to their guns for whatever reasons, and I'm gonna be old and grey before I get to see a decent Cyclops.

Fingers crossed for an X-men Evolution style TV Show once their done attempting to drag this franchise out. That'd be fun.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 07-08-2011 at 06:37 AM.
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #44
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

People are conventully forgeting that First Class has very strong clues x4Directed by Bryan Singer may be pulling a Superman Returns by completing Ignoring X-Men the Last Stand.This makes more sense that calling first Class a reboot with cameos by Hugh jackman and Rebecca Romijn and using other things from X-Men films(The shot by shot recreation of opening scene,Xavierand Magneto working otgether when Xavier brought together the first group of mutants at the the mansion Is backstory from the films not the comics,getting Mystique's appearance and relationship with Magneto from the films.Having William Stryker's father Is hint at the major role the film gave stryker)a reboot means you are saying the other films never happened.You don't have nodds to them.I don't understand the reasoning some are trying to
use to advocating this.And I hate to tell people this by If Fox did that they
would bring In Wolverine for the sequel.

People are also forgetting that even with The Last Stand In cannon they provided a way for Xavier to be In X4.The post credets scene has Xavier waking up In body which In commantary was explanded as being his brain dead twin Brother.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #45
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Your first sentence is exactly it for me.

Its gonna be way to convoluted to bring characters back and say the cure wasnt permanent. You wanna talk about losing credibility.
Exactly Nell, though our opinions on X3 differ widely, we can at least agree it made an X4 very unlikely without some major ret-conning, which I'm not sure I want. Personally I would just love if we could somehow erase X3 from existence, but as thats not possible, I think an FC2 is the only way to go.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #46
merbass
Side-Kick

I'd rather see both of these than The Wolverine or Deadpool.

X-men: Second class - X-men reunion. Perhaps like Bryan Singer said, this could be done during Vitenam War and all mutants are at risk, therefore Erik and Charles reunited again.

X-men 4 - The cure didn't work as you see in the movie with Magneto gaining power back at the end of the movie, but what we don't know is the fact that the cure never meant to cure but to kill all mutants with virus that came with it. Worthington's associate was once Stryker's subordinate and he vows to get rid of all mutants but giving these fake cure to them. Xavier is now in another body and can walk. Raven found him with Moira and they reunite. Jean comes back. Emma felt Jean's power but block Charles so he didn't know that she snatched Scott away.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #47
merbass
Side-Kick

I'd rather see both of these than The Wolverine or Deadpool.

X-men: Second class - X-men reunion. Perhaps like Bryan Singer said, this could be done during Vitenam War and all mutants are at risk, therefore Erik and Charles reunited again.

X-men 4 - The cure didn't work as you see in the movie with Magneto gaining power back at the end of the movie, but what we don't know is the fact that the cure never meant to cure but to kill all mutants with virus that came with it. Worthington's associate was once Stryker's subordinate and he vows to get rid of all mutants but giving these fake cure to them. Xavier is now in another body and can walk. Raven found him with Moira and they reunite. Jean comes back. Emma felt Jean's power but block Charles so he didn't know that she snatched Scott away.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #48
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
The great thing about FC though is that if they wanted to, they could use it as a reboot. Yes, there were nice nods to the existing films but that doesn't mean they have to stick with them. If they really wanted to make yet another Wolverine-centric movie under the FC universe, they could always invite HJ back. Beyond his and Rebecca's cameos, there really isn't anything that specifically links this to the other movies. And the Erik in the camps opening. They reuse some shots for it but even his mom is a different actress.
I don't want them to use it as a reboot either. I've explained my stance on that many times over tho

Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #49
The Guard
Side-Kick

Suggesting that X4 couldn't continue because Xavier, Cyclops and Jean are dead and Magneto and Rogue are depowered (maybe) is ridiculous. It's like people don't understand the X-Men mythology at all. If anything, it makes sense for another few films to focus on different characters anyway, since the FIRST CLASS franchise is focusing on Xavier and Magneto and the previous one focused on certain characters.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #50
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I understand the X-Men mythology just fine. I also understand that movies are not comics and you cannot treat the two mediums the same. Movies need a core set of characters, a core that X3 brought to conclusions, for better or for worse. Characters like Iceman, Colossus, and Kitty Pryde, who might make for a great comic book team, haven't been built up as main eventers in the story. They are secondary, supporting characters, if that.

First Class worked because it still focused on Xavier and Magneto, who are the core of the X-Men universe, and X-Men movies. A potential X-Men 4 wouldn't have that. It'd have a bunch of secondary characters, and -maybe- Storm and Wolverine.