The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: What do you want the next movie in the franchise to be?
FIRST CLASS 2 74 82.22%
X4 16 17.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #51
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Default Re: What would you rather see next - FIRST CLASS 2 or X4?

The people who say they want an X4 remind me of the people who wanted a sequel to SR in that they come up with the most outlandish scenarios to retcon the mistakes of the previous movie. I say let the original series die and focus on Wolverine and FC sequels.

I prefer the FC cast anyway and am more interested in seeing their future adventures than I would be for McKellan, Jackman, et al.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #52
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

I want a Second Class much, SO MUCH more than I want a X4.
Hopefully a Second Class will focus more on Professor X's character development and the X-kids.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #53
Snikt
Side-Kick

I don't want to retcon anything in this universe. I want a direct sequel to X3

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #54
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
The people who say they want an X4 remind me of the people who wanted a sequel to SR in that they come up with the most outlandish scenarios to retcon the mistakes of the previous movie. I say let the original series die and focus on Wolverine and FC sequels.

I prefer the FC cast anyway and am more interested in seeing their future adventures than I would be for McKellan, Jackman, et al.
I think the only thing I disagree on is the preference of the First Class team to the main trilogy team. Other than that, I agree. The main trilogy has been told. Those characters are explored. First Class sequels give us the best chance to explore the universe further. Let Wolverine have his movie(s), and make a First Class sequel and call it a day. That'd be a great franchise of movies.

X-Men main trilogy.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: First Class series
Wolverine

Sounds good to me. We can get another 2 or 3 movies, end up with about 6, 7 or even 8 films altogether. It was a good run.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #55
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

X4 eather needs to pull a Superman Returns on The Last Stand or just be new story set several years later.The Post Credit scene of Last Stand already provided the bringing back of Xavier.The end of Last Stand had Magneto begining to regian powers so the cure doesn't even have to be dealt with.

Deadpool Is pulling a Superman Returns on Wolverine to be viewed as part of the X-Men series of films.

First Class,any First Class sequels,and The Wolverine are all part of exsisting film series.If you want reboots go to Warner Brothers DC Comics films and there endless rebooting.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #56
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I just don't see how that's going to work, with it not being a reboot.

I mean, I would LOVE too see McAvoys Proffessor X first discover a teenage Scott... But will the try and cast someone who could be passable as James Marsden's younger self? Because if so, he's still gonna be much too short for the role...

And if they do cast him totally independantly of Marsden's portrayal, people will be making jokes about how he shrunk as he got older.
No, they won't. No one in their right mind will notice that at all, let alone make an issue out of it 6+ years later.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #57
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I think the only thing I disagree on is the preference of the First Class team to the main trilogy team. Other than that, I agree. The main trilogy has been told. Those characters are explored. First Class sequels give us the best chance to explore the universe further. Let Wolverine have his movie(s), and make a First Class sequel and call it a day. That'd be a great franchise of movies.

X-Men main trilogy.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: First Class series
Wolverine

Sounds good to me. We can get another 2 or 3 movies, end up with about 6, 7 or even 8 films altogether. It was a good run.
The main reason to do X4 would be to do the sentinles.After Brotherhood and Hellfire club they should be a threat seen on film.If Not The Last Stand will be Return of the Jedi of X-men films.

After The Wolverine Fox needs to call it a day on Solo Wolverine films.After doing the origin and Japan stories that Is enough.

First Class needs to be a trilogy.Film 2 should be the first X-men VS Brotherhood while the conclusion should be when the teenage Cyclops,Jean Grey,and storm are brought In.If they don't do X4 they could do the sentinles here.The Last Stand provided the logic of the X-Men already facing the Sentinles by having head seen In Danger Room.

Fox should really drop the deadpool film or recast Deadpool and drop the X-Men Origins part of the title and make It a total standalone from the X-Men films.

If Fox doesn't do X4 and just does The Wolverine and 2 First Class sequel then afterthat If they reboot they they need to have a total new crew on the X-Men films.This Is what should have been done with James Bond and Spider-Man.At least Batman and Star Trek Did this(as well as Superman although I have no plans to see Man of Steel)

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #58
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

First Class sequels please.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #59
Avalanche
Side-Kick

I think X4 would be too problematic in terms of bringing all the characters we know back together, not least because X3 decimated half the cast. X4 would feel so unfamiliar it might as well not be X4 at all.

With First Class, however, the have somewhere to go with the current team.

Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #60
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I mean, I would LOVE too see McAvoys Proffessor X first discover a teenage Scott... But will the try and cast someone who could be passable as James Marsden's younger self? Because if so, he's still gonna be much too short for the role...

And if they do cast him totally independantly of Marsden's portrayal, people will be making jokes about how he shrunk as he got older
This is literally the only time I've read a complaint about Marsden's height.

He's not short by any means, 5'10", and tricks were used so he never looked short next to Jackman. I don't see anyone caring at all about his height compared to a younger actor, let alone even remembering.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #61
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I agree 100%.

The studio would never finance an X4 that retcons everything in X3 or make "Bryan Singer's X3".

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #62
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The main reason to do X4 would be to do the sentinles.)
wrong. you can pull off russian sentinels in cold war russia led by omega red

all the action
all the good story and the introduction of another mega villian

we could even have Piotr in the movie. The explanation for his youthful looks in x-2 and x-3? Aging slowly as usual.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #63
BMM
Side-Kick

Seeing as he was still in school, he must be a pretty slow learner too.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #64
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Seeing as he was still in school, he must be a pretty slow learner too.
Colossus crush now.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #65
War.
Newbie First Class

I'd prefer an X4. First Class was a wonderful film but both that and Origins really screwed up the movieverse continuity established in the first 3 X films. (See Beast and Emma Frost for starters)

A Second Class would only be worth it if we got Gambit as part of the 'second' team.

But as for X4, a team of Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, Iceman, Angel, Beast & Kitty would be a lot of fun. I'd like to see The Purifiers or something similar as the new enemy too.

War. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #66
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

A reboot from Marvel studios

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #67
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by War. View Post
But as for X4, a team of Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, Iceman, Angel, Beast & Kitty would be a lot of fun.
And if you add Rogue and Gambit as the new mutant giving some troubles to the x-men...

Ill be on the theatre the first day!.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #68
merbass
Side-Kick

Remember The cure in First class didn't cure, but it enhanced the power. What makes you think The cure in X3 won't do the same ? It may take longer for the power to come back, but once it is back it is more powerful than ever ! This is X-universe. What else can't happen ?

The Wolverine is already ignoring X-men origins. X4 can simply address the incident without having it related to the actual movie.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:31 AM   #69
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
Remember The cure in First class didn't cure, but it enhanced the power. What makes you think The cure in X3 won't do the same ? It may take longer for the power to come back, but once it is back it is more powerful than ever ! This is X-universe. What else can't happen ?
If thats the case, Rogue would be so powerful in X4

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #70
esotaric

First class basically revived the entire x men franchise, much like what "batman begins" did to batman series. X4 ahead of first class sequel would be stupid.

esotaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #71
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If thats the case, Rogue would be so powerful in X4
Well consider the fact that the actress who plays her is much popular and proved she can be an action figure (True Blood) , I don't see why Rogue can't gain her power back and become even more powerful. Leech is at the academy, so he could stay next door to Rogue and Iceman for them to be intimate.

The new team will be lead by younger Charles, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Shadow cat and Collossus. Jean and Cyclops will reappear towards the end which will lead to X5.

X-men: Second class will continue its own storyline, so we know what would happen to the first class mutants. Emma taking over Hellfire club because Erik and her do not have the same philosophies.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #72
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well consider the fact that the actress who plays her is much popular and proved she can be an action figure (True Blood) , I don't see why Rogue can't gain her power back and become even more powerful. Leech is at the academy, so he could stay next door to Rogue and Iceman for them to be intimate.

The new team will be lead by younger Charles, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Shadow cat and Collossus. Jean and Cyclops will reappear towards the end which will lead to X5.

X-men: Second class will continue its own storyline, so we know what would happen to the first class mutants. Emma taking over Hellfire club because Erik and her do not have the same philosophies.
I'm not sure how many people would be interested in a Charles Xavier who isn't played by Patrick Stewart or James McAvoy. The whole idea of his mind moving to another body was such an... OFFENSIVE Deus Ex stretch as it was. Reviving Jean and Cyclops would be horrendous ("lolz jk they din't die afterall"). Storm won't return because wasn't there an issue with HB demanding too much money? I can't really see Anna Paquin reviving her role now that she's got such a good thing going with True Blood. I think Shawn Ashmore would come back, not sure about Ellen Page.

TLS offended so many people, comic fans and ordinary moviegoers alike, that there isn't any X4 they could make after it that would reassure people. They gave themselves a dead end in terms of most of the characters and in terms of the "current timeline" X-Men being entertaining. X-Men: First class did poorly at the box office because ordinary movie goers remembered how bad TLS was (perhaps moreso than Origins). If they are only going to make one non-Wolverine/Deadpool X-Men movie, which makes the most sense: following up a horribly-received movie that killed off 3 of the main characters and prevents Patrick Stewart from reprising his role, or following up a very favorably reviewed preboot that did alright at the box office despite the bare minimum of marketing and truly shameful first-look posters? If they put effort into marketing for FC2 like they have the other movies, I think it would easily surpass The Last Stand's earnings. Heck, I think FC1 will probably end its run just 100M shy of TLS's worldwide tally which is not bad at all considering, again, all the things this movie had working against it (marketing, "unknown" actors, 2 wretched movies that came before it, competing with a summer jampacked with heavy hitters).

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #73
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

First Class 2 I think the original series is dead

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #74
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
I'm not sure how many people would be interested in a Charles Xavier who isn't played by Patrick Stewart or James McAvoy. The whole idea of his mind moving to another body was such an... OFFENSIVE Deus Ex stretch as it was. Reviving Jean and Cyclops would be horrendous ("lolz jk they din't die afterall"). Storm won't return because wasn't there an issue with HB demanding too much money? I can't really see Anna Paquin reviving her role now that she's got such a good thing going with True Blood. I think Shawn Ashmore would come back, not sure about Ellen Page.

TLS offended so many people, comic fans and ordinary moviegoers alike, that there isn't any X4 they could make after it that would reassure people. They gave themselves a dead end in terms of most of the characters and in terms of the "current timeline" X-Men being entertaining. X-Men: First class did poorly at the box office because ordinary movie goers remembered how bad TLS was (perhaps moreso than Origins). If they are only going to make one non-Wolverine/Deadpool X-Men movie, which makes the most sense: following up a horribly-received movie that killed off 3 of the main characters and prevents Patrick Stewart from reprising his role, or following up a very favorably reviewed preboot that did alright at the box office despite the bare minimum of marketing and truly shameful first-look posters? If they put effort into marketing for FC2 like they have the other movies, I think it would easily surpass The Last Stand's earnings. Heck, I think FC1 will probably end its run just 100M shy of TLS's worldwide tally which is not bad at all considering, again, all the things this movie had working against it (marketing, "unknown" actors, 2 wretched movies that came before it, competing with a summer jampacked with heavy hitters).
XTLS and XO were not up to standard and hated by fans. General people were ok with them. They are not die hard and kept thinking about the movie over and over and keep comparing them to comic books, their own idea etc.

XFC is a good movie. It does not make as much money because simply there are too many interesting movies this summer, period. No one thinks about previous X-men movies anymore except fans who will continue to complain about it for yearsssssss to come.

It's X-men universe. Resurrection and mind swapping are not that big of deal. How many times did these characters die and come back in the comics ?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #75
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
XTLS and XO were not up to standard and hated by fans. General people were ok with them. They are not die hard and kept thinking about the movie over and over and keep comparing them to comic books, their own idea etc.

XFC is a good movie. It does not make as much money because simply there are too many interesting movies this summer, period. No one thinks about previous X-men movies anymore except fans who will continue to complain about it for yearsssssss to come.

It's X-men universe. Resurrection and mind swapping are not that big of deal. How many times did these characters die and come back in the comics ?
Untrue. I've never read a single comic book and I hated TLS exclusively for being a terrible movie. My friends have as much experience with comic books as I do and share my dislike of the film. Things like "what's canon" or what X-Men was in it was never a factor for me. I just liked the first two movies. I'd venture that the majority of people who see these movies aren't comic fans. They probably get the gist of the storyline ("it's about mutants") or may have watched one of the old cartoons. But not comic book fans.

To that end, it'd be illogical and frustrating to retcon stuff with resurrection and such. The comics offer multiple simultaneous universes, right? And there must be hundreds or thousands of volumes. There's a lot of time to give resurrection weight and credibility or make a character go on a journey to achieve that power blah blah blah in a comic. But if you have 2 hours to tell a story you can't quite do that. And if you just snap your fingers and go BOOM, mind swapped! or BOOM, resurrected!, death becomes irrelevant. If THAT happens, how can you worry about the characters?

I don't give TLS much thought, it was a terrible movie that I walked out on when I saw it in theatres 5 years ago and that was that. But when presented with the idea that it could have a sequel vs First Class, I just have to say something :P

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote