The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: What do you want the next movie in the franchise to be?
FIRST CLASS 2 74 82.22%
X4 16 17.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: What would you rather see next - FIRST CLASS 2 or X4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Untrue. I've never read a single comic book and I hated TLS exclusively for being a terrible movie. My friends have as much experience with comic books as I do and share my dislike of the film. Things like "what's canon" or what X-Men was in it was never a factor for me. I just liked the first two movies. I'd venture that the majority of people who see these movies aren't comic fans. They probably get the gist of the storyline ("it's about mutants") or may have watched one of the old cartoons. But not comic book fans.

To that end, it'd be illogical and frustrating to retcon stuff with resurrection and such. The comics offer multiple simultaneous universes, right? And there must be hundreds or thousands of volumes. There's a lot of time to give resurrection weight and credibility or make a character go on a journey to achieve that power blah blah blah in a comic. But if you have 2 hours to tell a story you can't quite do that. And if you just snap your fingers and go BOOM, mind swapped! or BOOM, resurrected!, death becomes irrelevant. If THAT happens, how can you worry about the characters?

I don't give TLS much thought, it was a terrible movie that I walked out on when I saw it in theatres 5 years ago and that was that. But when presented with the idea that it could have a sequel vs First Class, I just have to say something :P
And I've never met a person outside of the interwebz that takes such issue with X-Men: The Last Stand. Most general audience members don't have much issue with the movie, and in fact I've had plenty tell me to "get over it" (i.e.: the changes from the source material like Cyclops dying) because the movie was good.

These X-Men movies don't mean nearly as much to the mainstream movie audience as they do to interwebz X-Men fans. To them, it's just another comic book movie. They aren't worried about Cyclops dying, Phoenix not being 100% accurate to the comics, or Brett Ratner pacing his movie fast.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote