The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Old 07-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
spider_rob
Banned User

Default Wait... Shouldn't they have called this movie "Humans Vs. Decepticons"?

Because the Autobots were barely in it. LAME.

spider_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: Wait... Shouldn't they have called this movie "Humans Vs. Decepticons"?

But the Decepticons are still considered Transformers so what are you complaining about?

Mace Dolex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wait... Shouldn't they have called this movie "Humans Vs. Decepticons"?

^Because it should be mostly Autobots with screen time taking out the Decepticons. Take out some of the stupid human characters and replace with more robots we want to know about and it'll be a lot better.

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
DeeBarr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
^Because it should be mostly Autobots with screen time taking out the Decepticons. Take out some of the stupid human characters and replace with more robots we want to know about and it'll be a lot better.
Good call!

DeeBarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

I'm confused at why a lot of people are so upset over the fact that there is too much of a human element (if there is such a thing). I mean, they did come to Earth, that is filled with humans. Why wouldn't there be a human element to the movies? I just think that it's silly to say that there were too many humans in the movie/s. Personally, I would find it boring if the entire movie was based on Cybertron.

Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

God, I'd love a movie based completely on Cybertron. It's be way too expensive, but TFs like Starscream and Shockwave would at least have gotten proper deaths at the hands of Autobots.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

I say they should remove the Autobots altogether! Useless characters!
Give Shia & Rosie guns and let them fight the Decepticons!
Then Lennox and Epps can do a cool aerial stunt while John Turturro watches in awe!

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
AnorexicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
spider_rob
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RouthIsSuperman View Post
I'm confused at why a lot of people are so upset over the fact that there is too much of a human element (if there is such a thing). I mean, they did come to Earth, that is filled with humans. Why wouldn't there be a human element to the movies? I just think that it's silly to say that there were too many humans in the movie/s. Personally, I would find it boring if the entire movie was based on Cybertron.
I wouldn't be surprised if you walk around confused a lot, judging from your screen name.

But a good example is towards the end, Optimus gets his trailer knocked off by Shockwave (I think it was Shockwave), and says, "I need my trailer!". Then it's back to Sam and Co., scrambling through the collapsing building for like 20 minutes. Next thing you know, Optimus swoops in and saves the day! We never see Optimus get his trailer back. That would have been more interesting that watching Sam slide through a building for almost half an hour.

Another example is when BB charges in and saves Sam. A few scenes later, BB is captured with other Autobots. What the hell, man? When did BB get captured? When did the other Autobots get captured? Instead of showing it, we hear the humans talking about it. It's sooooo lame.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
SPider-T0rch
Still here

Plain and simple, it would be pretty expensive to have a film this big filled with JUST robots. I do agree that the 3 films have been focused on humans a bit too much but I would never get rid of them in future movies, just put a bit more emphasis on the robots. I think we can all do without the pointless human characters like "Deep Wang".

Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_rob View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if you walk around confused a lot, judging from your screen name.
Really? You are really going to talk down to me because of my screen name? REALLY? I stopped reading after that, because what you said was offensive and completely pointless. Not to mention unnecessary.

Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #11
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:

But a good example is towards the end, Optimus gets his trailer knocked off by Shockwave (I think it was Shockwave), and says, "I need my trailer!". Then it's back to Sam and Co., scrambling through the collapsing building for like 20 minutes. Next thing you know, Optimus swoops in and saves the day! We never see Optimus get his trailer back. That would have been more interesting that watching Sam slide through a building for almost half an hour.

Another example is when BB charges in and saves Sam. A few scenes later, BB is captured with other Autobots. What the hell, man? When did BB get captured? When did the other Autobots get captured? Instead of showing it, we hear the humans talking about it. It's sooooo lame.
Exactly.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #12
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I think what most fans want is to see the personalities, motivations, and conflicts among the Autobot and Decepticon ranks explored. That just requires a better use of screen time.

We don't need a completely humanless movie.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
spider_rob
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I think what most fans want is to see the personalities, motivations, and conflicts among the Autobot and Decepticon ranks explored. That just requires a better use of screen time.

We don't need a completely humanless movie.
True this. I can imagine the writers saving a lot of time if Sam is ALREADY a part of NEST, just a little green behind the ears in terms of combat. Throughout the movie he comes to prove himself and become the hero he always knew was inside him. Make the love interest maybe a female soldier in the team as well.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
CelticPredator
Banned User

I'm glad you all get what you dont want. I'm so ****ing glad.

CelticPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #15
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticPredator View Post
I'm glad you all get what you dont want. I'm so ****ing glad.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #16
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Feeeeelings

Old 07-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #17
Drizzle
Bangarang, Robin

Quote:
Because the Autobots were barely in it. LAME.
The Decepticons were in it even less. Or at least the major ones. Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave each had four or five scenes. Shockwave only had two or three. I think Laserbeak was the Decepticon with the most screentime in this movie.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #18
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

The Autobots in this movie seemed rather weak compared to the second movie. But then, they were vastly outnumbered. Without the humans, they would have lost. It might help if the Autobots actually had someone who can fly in their ranks.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #19
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

You mean like Optimus?

Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
You mean like Optimus?
He's a truck. Not exactly a very aerodynamic design.

I meant a real flying transformer, not just jet parts.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #21
warhorse78
Side-Kick

One of my gripes of this movie. It wouldn't kill them to take out some crap, and stick more Autobots in it. The second one too. The first movie was perfectly balanced. Had great characterizations and fight scenes for everybody. And the movie was done for less as well. If I have to sacrifice cutting edge technology for more quality Autobot time, then so bet it. I'll hardly notice it. And stop sticking in Transformers we don't give a crap about. I'd take Sideswipe screen time over Devastator, Mudflap, Skids, Wheelie, Brains and Q any day!

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #22
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicBatman View Post
I say they should remove the Autobots altogether! Useless characters!
Give Shia & Rosie guns and let them fight the Decepticons!
Then Lennox and Epps can do a cool aerial stunt while John Turturro watches in awe!
Don't forget to arm them all with parachutes! Everyone knows that's how you take down a Decepticon.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #23
warhorse78
Side-Kick

These producers just don't have a freaking clue on how to utilize their budget. Or, they don't care. How much money you think it cost to rip that building apart, when it could have been used to show the Autobots getting captured, or maybe show Optimus getting to his trailer????????? Waste.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #24
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
He's a truck. Not exactly a very aerodynamic design.

I meant a real flying transformer, not just jet parts.
Perfect time to introduce Breakaway or Stratosphere IMO

Old 07-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #25
Chris B
Side-Kick

One thing I have to say if that if there was one thing ROTF did good, it was that it had the most Decepticon screentime out of the trilogy.