The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #26
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
Everybody brings up the fact he lifted the kryptonite island but forgot that he died immediately afterwards. It's not like he just did it no problem.
whats your definition of dying? he didnt even die. he woke up the same night and flew away, he had a pulse the entire time he was in the hospital.

This is superman tho, i get some of you are trying desperately to defend SR which i did like but these are superhero movies, he should be fighting supervillains not lifting objects or fighting rocks. If you want people risking their lives doing that kind of stuff go watch a movie about firefighters not a movie about the greatest and most powerful hero created. I find it incredibly weird that people sound almost as if they would rather see him lifting kryptonite then going toe to toe with his villains. Just because we want him to actually use his powers to fight a vast array of villains doesnt mean we are saying superman=boxer. you might as well say that every1 thinks batman, spidey, captain american, thor, gl, iron man=boxer because they threw punches.

Superheroes fight supervillains!

SuperAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #27
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAl View Post
whats your definition of dying? he didnt even die. he woke up the same night and flew away, he had a pulse the entire time he was in the hospital.
Except for the part where he flatlined. The only reason why he could come back to life was the hospital attention.

Quote:
This is superman tho, i get some of you are trying desperately to defend SR which i did like but these are superhero movies, he should be fighting supervillains not lifting objects or fighting rocks. If you want people risking their lives doing that kind of stuff go watch a movie about firefighters not a movie about the greatest and most powerful hero created. I find it incredibly weird that people sound almost as if they would rather see him lifting kryptonite then going toe to toe with his villains. Just because we want him to actually use his powers to fight a vast array of villains doesnt mean we are saying superman=boxer. you might as well say that every1 thinks batman, spidey, captain american, thor, gl, iron man=boxer because they threw punches.

Superheroes fight supervillains!
I'm not desperate to defend anything. I give credit where credit is due. I want a supervillain as well. I have no say in this punching debate.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:09 AM   #28
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Except for the part where he flatlined. The only reason why he could come back to life was the hospital attention.
Actually, I thought the point of that scene was that the hospital COULDN'T help him, other than removing ther rest of the green k from his wound. They couldn't shock him, couldn't inject him etc etc.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #29
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Actually, I thought the point of that scene was that the hospital COULDN'T help him, other than removing ther rest of the green k from his wound. They couldn't shock him, couldn't inject him etc etc.
Yeah, I was referring to removing the kryptonite. The hospital helped by giving him a stable environment to recuperate, not through any procedure of their own.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #30
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

The kryptonite mountain WAS impressive, especially considering he was severely weakened yet still managed to take it out of the earth's atmosphere... but as others have said it was not a substitute for an awesome final battle with a supervillain. Seeing a display of strength like that in MOS would be amazing as long as the fight scenes aren't sacrificed.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

GoblinWhirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #31
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I remember watching the Teen Choice Awards (either in 2006 or in 07), that had Superman Returns in a category, and it was humorlessly nominated in the “best fight” sequence, which was for “Superman vs THE PLANE”.lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #32
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I remember watching the Teen Choice Awards (either in 2006 or in 07), that had Superman Returns in a category, and it was humorlessly nominated in the “best fight” sequence, which was for “Superman vs THE PLANE”.lol
Yeah but did you see that plane? It was hardcore! It hit Superman with it's wing and sent him flying!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #33
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Man. It's the Teen Choice Awards.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #34
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Personally I didn't see him flatline. I saw their attempt to shock him blow up the machine, which then appeared to show a flatline because it couldn't get a reading on him.

But this is all just further proof to me of how confusing the movie was in general.

*\S/T*
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #35
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

He did die.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #36
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
He did die.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Can you summarise what that vid is? Cause I'm at work all day, and can't watch it!

*\S/T*
Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #37
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Can you summarise what that vid is? Cause I'm at work all day, and can't watch it!
Superman falls to Earth after throwing Lexland into space. He is taken into Hospital where his heart rate is zero. A small shard of Kryptonite is removed from the wound inflicted by Lex. They try to inject him with Adrenaline, but the needle breaks on his skin, they try to use a defibrillator, but his bosy insulates against the electricity and short circuits it. The doctors stare hopelessly as they cannot get him to regain rhythm. Cuts to Perry's original Daily Planet headline "SUPERMAN DIES".

Old 07-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #38
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
He did die.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Fixed

Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #39
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinWhirlwind View Post
The kryptonite mountain WAS impressive, especially considering he was severely weakened yet still managed to take it out of the earth's atmosphere... but as others have said it was not a substitute for an awesome final battle with a supervillain. Seeing a display of strength like that in MOS would be amazing as long as the fight scenes aren't sacrificed.
I know that we are off subject of the current thread, but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents worth in. That scene was very impressive to me because it showed just how much he cares for humans and just how strong he really is. I really think that what the story was trying to convey was that if he didn't do something, then Earth might ultimately suffer the same fate that Krypton did. It may not have exploded like Krypton did, but billions of lives could have potentially been lost. So even though the growing island was made out of Kryptonite, he knew that it was up to him to take care of it even if that meant sacrificing himself. If that doesn't scream "Superman", then I don't know what does. I'm sure that most of you will roll your eyes at me, but that's the way that I interpreted that scene, and it was powerful IMO.

Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #40
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Superman falls to Earth after throwing Lexland into space. He is taken into Hospital where his heart rate is zero. A small shard of Kryptonite is removed from the wound inflicted by Lex. They try to inject him with Adrenaline, but the needle breaks on his skin, they try to use a defibrillator, but his bosy insulates against the electricity and short circuits it. The doctors stare hopelessly as they cannot get him to regain rhythm. Cuts to Perry's original Daily Planet headline "SUPERMAN DIES".
Okay where in what you posted does it negate what I originally said my interpretation was.

The doctors look hopeless because they don't know how to treat him, because their machines can't even get a read on his vital signs to be able to tell what the hell is going on.

As for back at the DP, they also had the headline Superman Lives right next to it... Or did you miss the comment on the neccesary morbidity of preparing both papers incase he in fact DID die... But he hadn't yet...

*\S/T*
Old 07-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #41
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Okay where in what you posted does it negate what I originally said my interpretation was.

The doctors look hopeless because they don't know how to treat him, because their machines can't even get a read on his vital signs to be able to tell what the hell is going on.

As for back at the DP, they also had the headline Superman Lives right next to it... Or did you miss the comment on the neccesary morbidity of preparing both papers incase he in fact DID die... But he hadn't yet...
He didn't have a heartbeat. No pulse = dead, in movies anyway.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #42
Spoonman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Man. It's the Teen Choice Awards.
And yet, they were dead on the money

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #43
The Batman
The Dark Knight

I wait for the day on the MOS board where 90 % of discussion dosent devolve into rants on SR.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #44
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Try coming back for the sequel then.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #45
The Batman
The Dark Knight

^ I wouldnt be surprised if I had to do that, but I'm a bit optimistic that the neverending SR complaints will slow down once filming starts.

The constant SR jibes feel like a divorced person ranting about their ex, even though they've been divorced from their spouse for years and the spouse is not around anymore.

Last edited by The Batman; 07-08-2011 at 07:20 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #46
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
^ I wouldnt be surprised if I had to do that, but I'm a bit optimistic that the neverending SR complaints will slow down once filming starts.

The constant SR jibes feel like a divorced person ranting about their ex, even though they've been divorced from their spouse for years and the spouse is not around anymore.
Hah. That's a good parallel.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #47
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

Once filming is rolling along and we have more to look at than a cast list, it will.

Why people like to drone on and on about stuff they claim to hate, I'll never know.

- Garrus

deviantart: http://jbot-photography.deviantart.com/

GoblinWhirlwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #48
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Just thought i'd say, Sucker Punch has really grown on me after a second viewing.

It's not perfect in a lot of ways... but I really like it actually.

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 07-10-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #49
©KAW
Banned User

I haven't been following the new Supes movie, who's the villain(s) in this film?

©KAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #50
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©KAW View Post
I haven't been following the new Supes movie, who's the villain(s) in this film?
so far the only confirmed villian is Zod.....Faora has supposedly been cast as well, but wb hasnt come out and confirmed it, but i guess its safe to say she is in it