The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #15
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Scenes in the movie that made go "Uhhh really?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
I never stated the axe came out of his arm. Given, I didn't differentiate, but I figured anyone who'd seen the movie would know themselves.

He did have gear in his trailer, which he had recovered by that point and was where he got the fly-tech from (off-screen). But regardless, we never see the axe on him until he pulls it out of nowhere from his back once he faces off against Sentinel Prime. As such, we can establish that he has access to it in the finale of the film.
And we know he didn't go back to his trailer set up for more tech a second time how? We know he has access to the axe while the jet pack is still on how? Honestly he could have had two blades, it really doesn't matter. I mean in the perfect world, the first reaction to the scenario presented is to put the pieces together. In the modern (forum) world it's nothing of the sort.

The same thing happened When Singer pretty much made the effects of Kryptonite a plot device. Nerd rage was all about calling bs on what they were seeing whilst the general audience was simply accepting that that was how Kryptonite worked in singers movie. If Optimus couldn't cut himself down, why not accept that he couldn't cut himself down? Honestly. Ask yourself, what makes more sense, that he couldn't or that he forget about his trusty go to weapon.

If batman was tangled in his own bungie lines, upside down and in chicago, I'd be right there saying the same thing to people who would scream plot hole, for batman has tons of cutting equipment in his belt.

Michael Bay has this effect.

Quote:
Optimus is not how he's always been. The Autobots in the third movie are laugh-out-loud idiots, though I'll make an exception to that statement in the case of Bumblebee, who still comes off as deadly. Optimus only shines when he auto-kills Megatron at the end, like something out of Dragon Ball Z where the hero finally wins the battle because he's supposed to. Anywhere else in the movie, Prime and the Autobots (again, with the exception of Bumblebee) are ineffective and inept in battle when compared to the first - notably Ironhide and Ratchet warding off Starscream and the attack against whoever Decepticon-Tank was, and Prime vs. Bonecrusher and Megatron - and even the second movie - where Prime shined in general, and the rest of the Autobots were involved in the big siege at the end.
Which auto bots are laugh out loud idiots, all I remember of them is killing machines, especially in the last movie.

As for their battle with star scream, he tends to have the advantage...for obvious reasons. I love the part when Iron hide warns everyone of his arrival.

Quote:
I have no gripe with Prime being evenly-matched or over-matched, as was the case in different situations in the first two movies. My gripe comes from him and the Autobots being ineffective and inept to the point of both being accurate character descriptors in the case of the third movie. My other gripe is we have no way of knowing or understanding as a viewing audience that Sentinel Prime is supposed to be more powerful than Optimus, and the only action we see of him prior to the finale is a surprise attack on Ironhide with acid rounds or some unexplained whatever, and then a big temper-tantrum on the Nest hangar.
Outside of the clear showing and not telling Sentinel gave the audience in just about all of their scenes together. Bay even staged their civil scenes in such a why that Sentinel was the clear power holder of the scene.

Again, outside of the house scene in the first, I've personally only ever seen the autos as decent to great fighters. Especially Ironhide.

Quote:
Seriously, how is it hard to see the difference between that and the instances we have in the first two movies? There's a difference between ineffective/inept and over-matched. Megatron is built as a legitimate threat and recognized by the Autobots with fear by the time he's flying around in the first movie. Come the second movie, when Prime is over-matched he's fighting off three enemies simultaneously.
Optimus put on a better showing, the second time. it's as simple as that.
Moreover the terrain wasn't littered with innocent people,
Moreover he was past trying to reason with Megatron at that point in their character journey.
Moreover he had alot more conviction in that particular conflict.

fighting tends to work on these principles.

Again, why not put the pieces together as opposed to trying to find holes.

Quote:
And please, get off your high-horse thinking it's all about Bay. I don't give a rat's *** about Bay. The first movie is a fine film, which he directed.
That's interesting, I wonder if you speak for everyone round these parts.
I ride a mule thank you very much.

Last edited by Marvin; 07-12-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote