The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Dark of the Moon

View Poll Results: What should be next?
TF4 with Bay and Shia 7 11.67%
TF4 without Bay and Shia 13 21.67%
complete REBOOT 34 56.67%
No more TF movies 6 10.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #76
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Default Re: What should come next? Transformers 4 or a reboot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
This franchise needs a total reboot, with a mature director, who takes the source material seriously and who can make this into a franchise fans can be proud of, instead of the male geek's "Twilight". (i.e. a movie that is successful financially but is a complete joke and has no value beyond the fanboy dynamic).
Uh, you know what, the fans can't take the source material seriously. When I want to start talking about mythos and Transformers lures, all I get in return are immature jokes.

And I will never pay money to go see a Transformers movie based on the Beast Wars concept! That's was the stupidest thing I ever saw!

warhorse78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #77
BattleCat
Side-Kick

I doubt people want a serious transformers. It would be tough to take the source material serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
This franchise needs a total reboot, with a mature director, who takes the source material seriously and who can make this into a franchise fans can be proud of, instead of the male geek's "Twilight". (i.e. a movie that is successful financially but is a complete joke and has no value beyond the fanboy dynamic).

BattleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #78
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I don't see why not. Even these movies have serious parts. People die on screen all the time. Would anyone really miss the bad college movie-type humor?

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:17 AM   #79
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I don't see why not. Even these movies have serious parts. People die on screen all the time. Would anyone really miss the bad college movie-type humor?
All I'm saying, is that I got into Transformer from the first live action movie. I got curious. I started to go on the board. I wanted to know about their origins, how can Transformers be brothers and all of that, and all I got was stupid sex jokes. The fans, all they seem to care about is collecting toys and talking about the good ole days of G1..........

If I were to make a Transformers movie though, I think I'd like to go with the similar atmosphere that was in Terminator 2. It had some comical elements, but overall, was an excellent dramatically filled action movie. Maybe we just need James Cameron to pen the script, and see if he can find somebody under his wing to direct the next Transformers movie.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:24 AM   #80
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
All I'm saying, is that I got into Transformer from the first live action movie. I got curious. I started to go on the board. I wanted to know about their origins, how can Transformers be brothers and all of that, and all I got was stupid sex jokes. The fans, all they seem to care about is collecting toys and talking about the good ole days of G1..........

If I were to make a Transformers movie though, I think I'd like to go with the similar atmosphere that was in Terminator 2. It had some comical elements, but overall, was an excellent dramatically filled action movie. Maybe we just need James Cameron to pen the script, and see if he can find somebody under his wing to direct the next Transformers movie.
Well, you have those kinds of fans in every franchise.

I would suggest checking out Beast Wars and Beast Machines. It'll show you how mature the franchise can be. Good humor, depth and plenty of action.

The Terminator 2 tone would be good. It can't be too hard to get a director better than Michael Bay.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #81
warhorse78
Side-Kick

I hate Beast Wars, I can't stand the sight of Transformers as animals, and if they make a movie about it, I can guarantee it will flop!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #82
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

It's your loss.

Though I think the inclusion of beast transformers is fairly inevitable.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #83
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Uh, you know what, the fans can't take the source material seriously. When I want to start talking about mythos and Transformers lures, all I get in return are immature jokes.

And I will never pay money to go see a Transformers movie based on the Beast Wars concept! That's was the stupidest thing I ever saw!
Out of curiosity, where did you go with your questions? If you still have any about the mythos, I'd suggest going to the major TF fan sites like TFW2005, Seibertron, or Allspark. The TF wiki is pretty good too.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #84
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:

Beast Wars doesn't count. While all of the material was meant to sell toys, Beast Wars is the worst example of the sort. It was sort of like how they rebooted He-Man where he was on a space ship and they did away with Greyskull and all the traditional story elements.

Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #85
OoAnd1
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're right. These movies definitely had a bunch of serious parts. Most of these included the government/military, and you can easily insert many of their scenes in other films like Black Hawk Down.

It's Sam's world that almost existed in some other goofy universe. At first I thought this "humor" was bringing the movies down.

But now, after all of the financial success, I gotta expect people to miss it if it's not in the next one. At this point, I don't mind if they have to lace the films with goofy humor in order to have another successful trilogy.

I just want more movies.

OoAnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #86
Raiden
What a bunch of...

With TF3 on track to become the highest-grossing domestic movie of 2011, TF4 is a matter of when, not if. And if Bay and Shia made good on their promise not to return, we'll be getting a new director as well as a leading man, and when all of the Decepticon leaders got killed in TF3, is there a point to continue Bayformers as it is? I think it will be a safer bet to do a reboot, get new looks & story for Autobots/Decepticons, instead of continue the franchise with Bay's vision but a new director. But I'm also a G1 fan, and I wanted to see TF that is more faithful to the look of the cartoons that inspired it, so I'm open to the idea of a reboot. Your average moviegoers, however, may not agree with me.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #87
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

^^^nice avatar.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #88
The Locomotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Considering the amount of characters that are now dead, especially Decepticons, I don't really want to see a fourth one.
To be fair, these are robots.....explaining resurrections would be easy seeing as how they are not organic like us. Megatron was dropped into the ocean stone dead at the end of the first movie. But all it took in ROTF was a few 'cons swimming down to chuck some spare parts on him, and boom, he's back again.

But i suppose it would just get laughable if dead transformers were constantly being brought back to life.

The Locomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #89
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Rebooting the series, means starting from scratch. That means a bigger budget. Why would the studio and Hasbro throw out all of those designs, when they are far from stale? They sell, am they sell well. We will get a Transformers 4, not a reboot. Besides, they have other bad guys to work with.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #90
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Well, you have those kinds of fans in every franchise.

I would suggest checking out Beast Wars and Beast Machines. It'll show you how mature the franchise can be. Good humor, depth and plenty of action.

The Terminator 2 tone would be good. It can't be too hard to get a director better than Michael Bay.
Battle LA
on both counts.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #91
def28
Side-Kick

Bring on Transformers 4! No need to reboot, we will get a new flick in the next few years with the cash this ones making.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #92
Nevincer
Side-Kick

No more transformers or a reboot at least.

Nevincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #93
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

New director and new writers. Sam's character wouldn't be so unbearable if he were better written.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #94
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
New director and new writers. Sam's character wouldn't be so unbearable if he were better written.
Why do you even need him? What does he contribute to the story?

Nothing. His significance ran out at the end of Revenge of the Fallen.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #95
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

I'm only saying that, for me, Shia wasn't the problem. It was the way Sam had been written. I don't care if he comes back.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #96
SPIDER-MAN-ROX
Big Ugly Go-Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Locomotive View Post
To be fair, these are robots.....explaining resurrections would be easy seeing as how they are not organic like us. Megatron was dropped into the ocean stone dead at the end of the first movie. But all it took in ROTF was a few 'cons swimming down to chuck some spare parts on him, and boom, he's back again.

But i suppose it would just get laughable if dead transformers were constantly being brought back to life.
Correction, The other Decepticons jammed a shard of Allspark into Megatron's chest to resurrect him & bring him back to life, he couldn't just come back from the dead on his own.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #97
Ultra Ham
Side-Kick

Given the atrocities that the Michael bay has done to the Transformers series I would say that the series is past redeeming and the only option is a reboot.

Ultra Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #98
Darthkush
Avenger

I want a reboot in tone and story. The designs are ugly but as people noted, regular folk and some fans of the material like it enough. No need to change them.

But EVERYTHING else needs to change. For starters, the one thing the cartoons, comics, and animated movies have all over these films is...they're about Transformers. These movies are not. They're about people reacting to Transformers and it simply doesn't work. I don't care what people say about the g.i. joe film, the film was about the joes! Not how average joe felt about when Paris was getting torn about. Not about the guys on the camel who Zartan killed. That's the biggest problem. Humans should be the background and supporting, not the other way around.

The horrible humor needs to go away. The Decepticons need to have some kind of actual dialogue going on. The autobots needs to have more emotion. Optimus Prime needs to stop being a bloodthirsty thug. We need someone who cares about these characters running the show and not just "action and explosionss!" I want to see the kind of devotion and care given to x-men and spider-man etc. given to these characters.

The biggest problem with these films is that the Transformers are not just "robots" they are an alien race and should be treated as such.

I'd rather see a total reboot, but i don't think it's time yet so yeah, reboot everything about it except the designs.

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #99
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why do you even need him? What does he contribute to the story?

Nothing. His significance ran out at the end of Revenge of the Fallen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
I'm only saying that, for me, Shia wasn't the problem. It was the way Sam had been written. I don't care if he comes back.
or pull a soap opera and give him a long lost brother named "Spike"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #100
Ken-Kaniff
Blue Steel!

I wish THUNDERWING was in these movies... And I wouldn't mind Bay coming back.

Last edited by Ken-Kaniff; 07-23-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Ken-Kaniff is offline   Reply With Quote