The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Default Anyone else think TDK was boring at times?

I don't like realistic superhero films, maybe thats my reason, but does anyone think that TDK was boring at times? I find it as one of those movies I fall asleep to or go to scene selection just to see the action scenes.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:16 AM   #2
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: Anyone else think TDK was boring at times?

yes it was boring at times. maybe not when i first saw it but every other time since then some parts are boring

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 07-21-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
Visceral
Side-Kick

no dont be rediculous

Before we begin does anyone want to get out?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:45 AM   #4
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yes it was just like Batman Begins

Too many long dialogues, the mood, the tone, the music. Thats why BB and TDK are just alright for me.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
jb007
Side-Kick

Um no I don't think that at all.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
Bat-Mite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
I don't like realistic superhero films, maybe thats my reason, but does anyone think that TDK was boring at times? I find it as one of those movies I fall asleep to or go to scene selection just to see the action scenes.
It wasn't realistic. There's nothing realistic about TDK's Two-Face, or landing on a car unscathed (with only a half-opened glider cape to slow the descent), or the tumbler having the batpod shoot out of it, or the batpod flipping a semi over with some cables, or computer technology that allows someone to get a fingerprint off of a shattered bullet, or at least a dozen other things I can think of. I'm getting tired of people calling this film realistic when it's anything but. People don't walk around in real life with exposed muscle tissue and pieces of their skull sticking out (all of this without painkillers, I might add).

To answer the question posed by the topic, no, I wasn't bored with it. My eyes were glued to the screen the entire time. I do think that some of the scenes could have used some breathing room, though. There was so much going on in that 2 hours and 45 minutes that it was a bit of an exhausting experience. Overall, I was still pleased with how it turned out, though.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Well it's not 'easy' watching like some films, and it is a pretty long movie... but generally no, I don't get bored. I think the only bit I will occasionally skip over is the opening bank scene. As soon as we get to Bruce stitching himself up after the Scarecrow bust, I'm pretty hooked in. Everything after that is riveting.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat-Mite View Post
It wasn't realistic. There's nothing realistic about TDK's Two-Face, or landing on a car unscathed (with only a half-opened glider cape to slow the descent), or the tumbler having the batpod shoot out of it, or the batpod flipping a semi over with some cables, or computer technology that allows someone to get a fingerprint off of a shattered bullet, or at least a dozen other things I can think of. I'm getting tired of people calling this film realistic when it's anything but. People don't walk around in real life with exposed muscle tissue and pieces of their skull sticking out (all of this without painkillers, I might add).

To answer the question posed by the topic, no, I wasn't bored with it. My eyes were glued to the screen the entire time. I do think that some of the scenes could have used some breathing room, though. There was so much going on in that 2 hours and 45 minutes that it was a bit of an exhausting experience. Overall, I was still pleased with how it turned out, though.
Yeah yeah I know realistic isn't the best term. And I know people use it ALL the time. I just wasn't fond with Nolan's style of Batman. It was still fictional, but more believable.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Completely disagree. I was never bored during The Dark Knight. What were the parts that you found boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat-Mite View Post

Realism is a spectrum. The films are definitely realistic (at least by superhero standards), but not in the sense of being absolutely realistic in the physics sense, but rather, realistic in the sense that they deal with more real-world threats and issues than most other superhero films do.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #10
El Payaso
Banned User

Not for one second.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Not for one second.
Agreed.

The more you know.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
byte19
200... It WILL Happen...

um.... some ppl here will tell you my stance on said topic....

The Rascal Theorist: New Frequency! CD out NOW! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/new...cy/id399123881
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I Will Watch This Film More Times Than Anyone On The Planet... It Will Happen...
Old 07-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #13
Punisher Rising
Mechanical Psychopath

I don't find it boring at all and neither BB for that matter but I can understand why some other people might. It's all a matter of personal taste really, and there's nothing wrong with that.

...I am now authorized to use physical force!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #14
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher Rising View Post
I don't find it boring at all and neither BB for that matter but I can understand why some other people might. It's all a matter of personal taste really, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Wholeheartedly agree.

The more you know.
Closed Thread