The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 06-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #76
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Default Re: For those who read the novel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaboy1138
Is that an actual quote of the official X3 book?
Yes it is

ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #77
Pizzaboy1138
The Queen's Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntcrawler
Yes it is
Thanks.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #78
Lil_Flip246
Side-Kick

Chris should write the next Xmen film!!!!

Lil_Flip246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #79
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

^^ Yeah. I agree.

DarknessOfDeath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:24 PM   #80
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

Finally something we can ALL agree on! LOL

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Goddessreicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:27 PM   #81
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

actually...I had a feeling someone was gonna say that about X4. lol

Old 06-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #82
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

And why not? He's written alot of the X-Men comics. He certainly would know 'em better than Kinberg or Rothman or Ratner ever could.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #83
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

much better than Short-changing Singer too...I highly doubt anyone would get made to look the fool of in a CC written X-men.

Dammit why didn't they think of that!!

Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Old 06-23-2006, 10:25 PM   #84
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

send him an email and ask him to do X4!! and bring back james and Famke er Scott and Jean

Old 06-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #85
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath
send him an email and ask him to do X4!! and bring back james and Famke er Scott and Jean
One e-mail won't do it. How about an organized flood of e-mails or a petition, real or electronic to FOX demanding that they do an X4 that fixes this tripe?

Old 06-23-2006, 10:30 PM   #86
Goddessreicho
Side-Kick

Yar, and he can give me my ROLO...dernit he started too!

But whoever writes that email should be able to spell.

Rest peacefully Mum
April 10th 1946
March 31st 2007

Old 07-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #87
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessreicho
Ok folks here is a quick summary of how I understood the Phoenix in the novel.

So if you have the book and haven't gotten that far yet, DO NOT READ IT. And if you don't really want to know. Okiday!

When Jean, Scott, Beast, and Ro were all students together and train Jean would sorta focas on her telepathy, and not her telekinisis as much. One time Ro had created a few drops of water for Jean to focas her tk with. She was so into she could actually see the hydrogen and oxigen (sp) molecules. But she wasn't focasing on the world around her. She needed to learn BALANCE which she never did.
Now, as far as I know the Phoenix was created out of Jean's subconcious out of control telekinictic powers. That is what was demolucurizing everyone, and it was also what was leaking radiation and electro magntic energy.

I really liked the final battle in the book. (TIDAL WAVE) And the last fight was SOOOOOOOoooooooo much better. No "I love you" Bull. He told her, "Be well." He didn't have to say it. She knew. It was nice.

A Jean/Logan moment that didn't make me vomit
I loved the flashback part.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #88
Bastila
Deathdealer

Still got to buy this.

LACUNA COIL
The cold never bothered me anyway

''For six centuries I was a loyal soldier to the vampire clan. But I was betrayed''
Bastila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:35 PM   #89
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

This was a great book; this is why I always get the novel. It expands so much. There are always things I wish were in the movie, but nevertheless, I had a blast reading it. It had a much better ending, too-except for the Magneto epilogue.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #90
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace
This was a great book; this is why I always get the novel. It expands so much. There are always things I wish were in the movie, but nevertheless, I had a blast reading it. It had a much better ending, too-except for the Magneto epilogue.
I agree. It's a great book. Unfortunately it's a great book based off a bad film. Which means it's forced to follow a bunch of events which were wrong to begin with. So as good as it is written, I have to hate it. It's makes for great stress relief when you hear the thud it makes when it hits the wall.

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #91
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I wouldn't have read the book if I didn't like the movie.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #92
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace
I wouldn't have read the book if I didn't like the movie.
I read the book to get some answers and clarify things in the movie. Unfortunately I didn't get alot of them, so I use mainly as reference material for rewrites and fanfics

Old 07-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #93
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

What Answers?

Old 07-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #94
LoGaN's RuNNer
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruja_escarlata
There are in fact two novels, one is the junior one where you can read the bar scene, and which is a bit cheesy in some parts and the novel by Claremont which is similar to the movie but there are a few aspects that I found confusing. The bits of Jeanīs past and all the mixed feelings of Logan towards Jean and Storm....is like the author was deciding between ROLO and JELO and did not reach a decision.........and all the JOTT as well, that was confusing for me. The end of the novel is slightly different to the movie, although not as different as in X2 and X2īs novel.....I saw a pic with Jean in the X-suit in the presidentīs room, so I guess they did that scene with her alive and blind too? I do not have that in my dvd, is there a dvd like X 2.5?
What happens in the bar scene??

Old 07-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #95
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
bruja_escarlata[/B]]

There are in fact two novels, one is the junior one where you can read the bar scene, and which is a bit cheesy in some parts and the novel by Claremont which is similar to the movie but there are a few aspects that I found confusing. The bits of Jeanīs past and all the mixed feelings of Logan towards Jean and Storm....is like the author was deciding between ROLO and JELO and did not reach a decision.........and all the JOTT as well, that was confusing for me. The end of the novel is slightly different to the movie, although not as different as in X2 and X2īs novel.....I saw a pic with Jean in the X-suit in the presidentīs room, so I guess they did that scene with her alive and blind too? I do not have that in my dvd, is there a dvd like X 2.5?

What happens in the bar scene??
That's what I'm wondering about too. The only version of the X2 movie I can find is one who's only bonus features is a commentary track. now come on I know there's gotta be more than that!

I agree what you say about the novel. It raises even more questions than it answers by giving you all this tantalizing information and never following up on it. You get the impression that Jean really is in more control of herself than anyone in the movie would give her credit for, that she's aware of what's happening and considers it wrong, there are lots of flashbacks to her better days with Scott, lots of references to things that Scott told her, words of wisdom, etc. So that she's not really on the dark side but more like... still on the fence. And the only reason why she can't come back is because of her realization that she may have killed Scott, and without Scott there really is no going back or nothing to look forward to. Which only frustrates myself and others even more, because if Scott's fate is really as ambiguous as it's made out to be (making his survival more and more likely), then why not bring him back and save the both of them for goodness sake? It's practically screaming to be done.

And yes, I know about the group shots you're talking about, with Xavier and his crew in the President's office. Jean is with them. Was that for promotional / teaser purposes only? Did they do it because Famke was in costume and didn't want her to go to all that trouble just to be left out of the picture? Or is there really another possible ending where she doesn't die?

Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #96
PhoenixGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruja_escarlata View Post
I've read it, too. Actually, it was the one which is similar to the movie. Anyway, is it possible for you to find that pic (though I've seen it before) ?

PhoenixGirl is offline   Reply With Quote