The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 06-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #26
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Default Re: Next Armors

I'd rather the Hulkbuster naturally show up in Avengers 2 than get forced into Avengers 1 only because the fans really, really, really, really want to see it. That's the reason we got Venom in SM3 and War Machine in IM2(both of which should have been held off for later movies and their films would have been all the better for it). Impatience is a killer.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #27
deathknell3000
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I'd rather the Hulkbuster naturally show up in Avengers 2 than get forced into Avengers 1 only because the fans really, really, really, really want to see it. That's the reason we got Venom in SM3 and War Machine in IM2(both of which should have been held off for later movies and their films would have been all the better for it). Impatience is a killer.
I agree.

I loved both IM movies but they could have been put together better.

IM would have been better if they had stuck with Wong Chu and put Stark in North/South Korea and used either Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man as the adversary.

IM 2 should have covered the alcohol issue and used the Mandarin(Maybe transferred to the Modular Armor in the final battle).

IM 3 would have been great if it used Modok and AIM as the adversaries and included the Undersea Armor, Space Armor, and ended with Stark donning the War Machine Armor for an all out assault on AIM Island(If everyone remembers, WM was used by Stark before he gave it to Rhodes).

deathknell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #28
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
QFT!

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #29
egarza
Esto!

the 12' toy, and the new avengers promo pic has tony in a red silver and gold get up, could that be mark VII?

egarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #30
Ash Talon
Side-Kick

I can see the Hulkbuster armor showing up. Would make sense, if the Avengers form up to stop the Hulk.

I can see them offering up a mkVII armor, but it'll probably only be a slight upgrade from the mkVI.

They should save a mkVIII for Iron Man 3 and make it a major upgrade. While they don't have to make it the Bleeding Edge armor exactly, they could make an armor that is far more streamlined and organic.

Ash Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #31
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I want to see an aqua armor in the third movie!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #32
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

The Hulkbuster armor would not be like addind Venom in SM3. Venom was an entire character with the added element of the suit bonding with Peter first. The Hulkbuster armor is just a piece of technology. That could easily be put into Avengers.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #33
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
wasn't there concept art, for the Aqua armor, stealth armor... or were these not offfical...

(either way there still pretty cool designs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Those are legit. I'd love it if they used that design of the Stealth Armor except maybe make it all black. I can already see a scene where Stark goes to infiltrate the Mandarin's headquarters in order to learn more about him.
Exactly what I was thinking Chris, I'd love to see a sequence like that in the movie. I'd also like to see the Aqua Armour, an underwater battle scene would be fun.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #34
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
The Hulkbuster armor would not be like addind Venom in SM3. Venom was an entire character with the added element of the suit bonding with Peter first. The Hulkbuster armor is just a piece of technology. That could easily be put into Avengers.
Agreed, basically if they are going to have a sequence where the Avengers stop the Hulk, then Tony will need the Hulbuster armour.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:45 AM   #35
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

I'm fully expecting the armor in the Avengers promo poster (Mark VII?) to be space-worthy. Iron Man in space! Wouldn't that be sweet?

And I'm seconding (thirding?) the call for stealth armor.

Adamantium Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #36
kedrell

Quote:
The Hulk buster armor would not be like added Venom in SM3. Venom was an entire character with the added element of the suit bonding with Peter first. The Hulk buster armor is just a piece of technology. That could easily be put into Avengers.
That's why I mentioned War Machine as well. WM isn't a new character, just a piece of technology. And I'm not even saying that the Hulk buster shouldn't be in this movie. I'm saying that it shouldn't be there simply due to Marvel impatiently giving in to simple fan service.

IMO nothing should be included for that reason, if it can be avoided. It should be there to support the over-all film mythos(which includes making it come about when the time is right).

I also don't want someone like Winter Soldier showing up in Captain America 2 for the same reason. Does that mean that I never wanted to see Venom, War Machine, the Hulk buster armor or Winter Soldier? Of course not. I do want to see them all but I want them put in where it works the best and makes the most sense.

As I said before, impatience is a killer. Marvel is making this mythos to last(one would hope) and blowing your wad like a prepubescent teen visiting his first adult bookstore just because you can is not what I'd like to see.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #37
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
That's why I mentioned War Machine as well. WM isn't a new character, just a piece of technology. And I'm not even saying that the Hulk buster shouldn't be in this movie. I'm saying that it shouldn't be there simply due to Marvel impatiently giving in to simple fan service.

IMO nothing should be included for that reason, if it can be avoided. It should be there to support the over-all film mythos(which includes making it come about when the time is right).

I also don't want someone like Winter Soldier showing up in Captain America 2 for the same reason. Does that mean that I never wanted to see Venom, War Machine, the Hulk buster armor or Winter Soldier? Of course not. I do want to see them all but I want them put in where it works the best and makes the most sense.

As I said before, impatience is a killer. Marvel is making this mythos to last(one would hope) and blowing your wad like a prepubescent teen visiting his first adult bookstore just because you can is not what I'd like to see.
The Hulkbuster armor is just an armor. It's not like giving Rhodey the WM suit. That takes a story arc and build up. Stark has been working with Fury behind the scenes. Him having an armor to combat the Hulk can be explained in 2 seconds. It is not a distraction.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:57 AM   #38
kedrell

Quote:
The Hulkbuster armor is just an armor. It's not like giving Rhodey the WM suit. That takes a story arc and build up. Stark has been working with Fury behind the scenes. Him having an armor to combat the Hulk can be explained in 2 seconds. It is not a distraction.

You could be right. I do think explaining the Hulkbuster like that in 2 seconds would be kinda missing something. Some sort of build-up. I'm just wary of the impatience that seems to be taking hold across the board with many superhero films. But if they execute it right, Hulkbuster showing up in TA could work fine, I guess.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #39
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
You could be right. I do think explaining the Hulkbuster like that in 2 seconds would be kinda missing something. Some sort of build-up. I'm just wary of the impatience that seems to be taking hold across the board with many superhero films. But if they execute it right, Hulkbuster showing up in TA could work fine, I guess.
It's not different than using the Crimson armor like they did in IM2. That was perfectly fine, and a part where Stark declares he made something just for a situation like this, then popping out in the Hulkbuster armor during the fight would be more than enough.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #40
kedrell

Yeah, I guess that's a good comparison. He already obviously knows about the Hulk's existance after showing up at the end of TIH. But I'm not sure he would know that his regular armor simply wouldn't be enough to do the job(as he's never matched it against Hulk and his regualr armor is pretty darn powerful in it's own right).

Old 07-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #41
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

Nobody in the audience will think like that.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #42
kedrell

Well, I'm just speaking for myself and that's the way I think.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #43
Alientraveller
Side-Kick

If the Hulkbuster armour is in Avengers, I suspect it'll have some lineage with Iron Monger and Stark ought to be shown early on fiddling with that before he brings out the prototype to fight the Hulk.

Alientraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #44
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

I could see Tony taking on the Hulk single handed early in the movie, getting his butt handed to him, and him deciding he is going to need something much stronger.

By the time the rest of the team is assembled, he's got the Hulkbuster armor ready to go.

Pretty straight forward to me.

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #45
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I'd love Hulkbuster Armor in Avengers. It would make a lot of sense to me, especially if Fury referred to it as something he had commissioned Stark to work on already. Sort of the 'unspoken plan' when it comes to Hulk. If the dialogue reflects what we already know from aftercredits scenes, that Tony already knows about the Hulk, it could be cool. And it'd be a great kewl moment for Hulk to show he's stronger than any peice of tech.

BUT, if it's not there, it's no biggie. -shrug-

For Iron Man 3, I think the IM2 formula is best: one specialty armor, one new armor. The specialty armor is great for an early action sequence. The Stealth Armor, I think would be the coolest, as far as an action sequence, cuz lets face it: there's a reason the underwater level always sucks.

What would be cool for his new armor, inspired by the Extremis would be there are several armors he's working on, something with nanomachines (extremis) some bulk armor with big rockets (Hulkbuster), some deep sea diving armor, and then at the end, in order to deal with mandarin, he just combines it all together into one epic Mark X suit, flies up into space and takes out the Mandarin's sattelite, who knows, maybe it's called Fing Fang Foom?

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #46
deathknell3000
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I'd love Hulkbuster Armor in Avengers. It would make a lot of sense to me, especially if Fury referred to it as something he had commissioned Stark to work on already. Sort of the 'unspoken plan' when it comes to Hulk. If the dialogue reflects what we already know from aftercredits scenes, that Tony already knows about the Hulk, it could be cool. And it'd be a great kewl moment for Hulk to show he's stronger than any peice of tech.
Why would it be cool to see Stark get beaten up?

Old 07-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #47
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathknell3000 View Post
Every hero should get a beat down. Spider-Man did. Batman looks like he's going to get one in Dark Knight Rises.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #48
deathknell3000
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Every hero should get a beat down. Spider-Man did. Batman looks like he's going to get one in Dark Knight Rises.

Yes but you're leaving out the part where the hero comes back stronger and wins the next time. Is that what's going to happen between IM & the Hulk?

I don't think so.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #49
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Because 1) It establishes that the favorite hero on the squad is not capable of handling the new threat level on his own, validating the entire movie. 2) It establishes Hulk as 'the strongest there is' so that he can properly serve his purpose as the plot hammer. 3) It gives Tony a chance to have his 'I can't do it on my own' arc within the film, since he's the only one, other than Hulk, who's used to running solo.

Quote:
Yes but you're leaving out the part where the hero comes back stronger and wins the next time. Is that what's going to happen between IM & the Hulk?

I don't think so.
Yeah, Tony is going to come with the team spirit of the entire Avengers, and not only order Hulk around, but use what he's learned in his character arc to whomp on whatever Loki throws out... as opposed to just showing up to win every battle and make us wonder why bother having the Avengers if Iron Man can handle it all.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #50
deathknell3000
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Because 1) It establishes that the favorite hero on the squad is not capable of handling the new threat level on his own, validating the entire movie. 2) It establishes Hulk as 'the strongest there is' so that he can properly serve his purpose as the plot hammer. 3) It gives Tony a chance to have his 'I can't do it on my own' arc within the film, since he's the only one, other than Hulk, who's used to running solo.

Yeah, Tony is going to come with the team spirit of the entire Avengers, and not only order Hulk around, but use what he's learned in his character arc to whomp on whatever Loki throws out... as opposed to just showing up to win every battle and make us wonder why bother having the Avengers if Iron Man can handle it all.
I don't think the plot will end up being like this.