Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #276
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod47 View Post
Thanks for the pic.

Looks like a f'n joke. Bane is shorter and looks to be the same built/size as Batman. Nolan's roll on doing justice to comic counterparts (Joker, 2Face, and Scarecrow were all amazing) just went down the drain.

This is Bane after the activation of the venom. Pathetic and miserable.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:12 PM   #277
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Nolan's roll on doing justice to comic counterparts (Joker, 2Face, and Scarecrow were all amazing) just went down the drain.

This is Bane after the activation of the venom. Pathetic and miserable.
For one, you haven't seen the movie yet. None of us have.

And two, how do you know that's post-venom?

Because you just signed up this month doesn't mean you have to post like it.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #278
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

On why fellow SHH members were debating on Bane's size (especially after the teaser) I'll never know...

Back on the subject at hand, Bane and his militia, and Harvey Dent (possibly the cover up).

Any other speculations?

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 07-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #279
Rod47
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
For one, you haven't seen the movie yet. None of us have.

And two, how do you know that's post-venom?

Because you just signed up this month doesn't mean you have to post like it.
Let me guess, you're one of those internet bully nerds. Being an old member of the forums make your opinions and insights matter more? Get real.

Batman is getting his ass whooped. Obviously this is post venom Bane. Put 2 and 2 together. That's the only chance that Bane ever had in beating a tired Batman, after he's been exposed to the venom.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #280
D.P.
Banned User

Not trying to bully you.

You just sound really stubborn and ignorant.

On top of that, you're making assumptions about plot points like you own a copy of the script.

Calm down buddy.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #281
Zeitgeist
Girl Wonder

Protip: calling someone else a nerd when we're all on a Batman forum doesn't pack quite the punch you want it to.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #282
ABleedingCorpse
Superhero Iran? Hype That

Yeah. Bane knows the cover up to Harvey Dent. That's pretty awesome. That speech he gives (though, no clue what he said) is going to be very interesting. I love that Harvey Dent's face somehow makes it's way back into TDKR. So awesome.

Bane has his ways. I do NOT believe he's part of hired city force to take out Batman. Not at all. He's doing this himself, with his OWN league. He knows Wayne is Batman, he knows about the Tumblers and get to them. He's playing a game with Batman. Breaking his mentality before he can break his body. Bane has arrived into Gotham not to destory, but to OWN. He knows Batman is the only force that can stop the rising of crime, and with Batman hiding, he can just walk into Gotham and start doing whatever he wants without worry of a police force being able to stop him.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #283
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Looks like a f'n joke. Bane is shorter and looks to be the same built/size as Batman. Nolan's roll on doing justice to comic counterparts (Joker, 2Face, and Scarecrow were all amazing) just went down the drain.
Really? You know the hobbits in the Lord of the Rings weren't really halflings right? Did you expect Nolan to put Hardy on stilts?

Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #284
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Not trying to bully you.

On top of that, you're making assumptions about plot points like you own a copy of the script.

Calm down buddy.
I was about to say that we've only seen a few pics of them fighting and that we have no idea if Batman will get the drop on Bane in the end.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #285
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I guess I was being premature when I talked about how we are all being rational and recognising that Bane and Batman appear equally matched rather than assuming Bane is a little pipsqueak that Batman towers over...

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #286
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Let me guess, you're one of those internet bully nerds. Being an old member of the forums make your opinions and insights matter more? Get real.

Batman is getting his ass whooped. Obviously this is post venom Bane. Put 2 and 2 together. That's the only chance that Bane ever had in beating a tired Batman, after he's been exposed to the venom.
defensive much?

Anyway, I don't care much for Bane's look. I never even liked him in the comics to be honest. That being said, when I sit down and watch this movie I have complete confidence that I'm going to love it because right now all I can judge this by is history. Nolan has given us two great Batman movies and I doubt he's going to half-ass the last one.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #287
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
I guess I was being premature when I talked about how we are all being rational and recognising that Bane and Batman appear equally matched rather than assuming Bane is a little pipsqueak that Batman towers over...
I wish. You're giving people too much credit.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:23 PM   #288
Rod47
Banned User

Quote:
Not trying to bully you.

Calm down buddy.
Did you read the part when I said something like "Put 2 and 2 together. The only chance Bane has on laying a finger on a tired Batman is after he's been exposed to venom". Batman is getting his ass handed to him like a doll in that pic.

That's me using common sense. You're obviously a blinded Nolan fanboy, bud.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #289
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Old 07-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #290
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABleedingCorpse View Post
Yeah. Bane knows the cover up to Harvey Dent. That's pretty awesome. That speech he gives (though, no clue what he said) is going to be very interesting. I love that Harvey Dent's face somehow makes it's way back into TDKR. So awesome.

Bane has his ways. I do NOT believe he's part of hired city force to take out Batman. Not at all. He's doing this himself, with his OWN league. He knows Wayne is Batman, he knows about the Tumblers and get to them. He's playing a game with Batman. Breaking his mentality before he can break his body. Bane has arrived into Gotham not to destory, but to OWN. He knows Batman is the only force that can stop the rising of crime, and with Batman hiding, he can just walk into Gotham and start doing whatever he wants without worry of a police force being able to stop him.

I like this

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 07-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #291
Boom
I got nothin'

Rod,

The picture you posted is from a high angle, with Hardy in the foreground. Hence why he looks much shorter.

In the other photos, he looks on par with Bale's height (minus the bat ears).

Old 07-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #292
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I don't even know if we'll get venom in the movie. And if we do, I'm guessing it'd be more like PCP or some crazy drug that acts like a stimulant to boost his ferocity and strength, rather than having him physically inflate up like one of those old Vac-Man toys.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #293
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Did you read the part when I said something like "Put 2 and 2 together. The only chance Bane has on laying a finger on a tired Batman is after he's been exposed to venom". Batman is getting his ass handed to him like a doll in that pic.

That's me using common sense. You're obviously a blinded Nolan fanboy, bud.
Highly original.

One more of those scathing insults and I may just exile myself from the Batboards out of shame.

You win guy.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM   #294
TDKR2012
A FIRE WILL RISE

IMO, Bane's costume is kinda weird/fake looking, but i'm sure it'll look better on film.

What they're going for with Bane REALLY reminds me of a JUGGERNAUT!... esp. with that beefed up body vest.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #295
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
I don't even know if we'll get venom in the movie. And if we do, I'm guessing it'd be more like PCP or some crazy drug that acts like a stimulant to boost his ferocity and strength, rather than having him physically inflate up like one of those old Vac-Man toys.
What are you thoughts on the scar running down his neck/spine so far?

I get the feeling we'll get a Bane origin that's fairly close to the source material. He possibly may have been experimented on against his will or voluntarily while in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKR2012 View Post
IMO, Bane's costume is kinda weird/fake looking, but i'm sure it'll look better on film.
Reminds me of the pro wrestlers Abyss and Mankind honestly.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #296
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

BATBOARD FACTS:

There is no middle ground between the Batman portrayals and costumes of Christian Bale and Adam West.

There is no middle ground between beligerent haters and blind Nolan fanboys.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #297
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
batboard facts:

There is no middle ground between the batman portrayals and costumes of christian bale and adam west.

There is no middle ground between beligerent haters and blind nolan fanboys.
qft.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #298
regwec
Shakespearo

Hello everyone!

1) I rather like Bane's costume. It seems to recall Frankenstein's creature in some ways, which is an interesting (if unintended) allusion to make between two man-made superhumans. It certainly looks intimidating, though it is composed of militaristic elements, which I am glad to see, since I was concerned that the first promo picture revealed a more fetishistic approach.

2) I doubt that this fight will appear to be between Batman and a diminutive Bane, once we see it on screen. I think the trickery is in the camerawork, as the teaser trailer seemed to indicate. If what we see is what we will see, however, then I have to say that I think Nolan has made a big mistake. You can rationalize a dwarfish Bane in the same way that you can rationalize a tall, gaunt Penguin or an obese Catwoman; with avoidable difficulty.

3) Snow! Yay!

4) The jigsaw legs! Noooo!

Old 07-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #299
wikum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKR2012 View Post

What they're going for with Bane REALLY reminds me of a JUGGERNAUT!... esp. with that beefed up body vest.

it will most likely look a lot darker on film.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #300
Harley2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Venom atleast the way it is in the comics, would not make sense in Nolanverse, so you are most likely right.

Closed Thread