The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default So let's talk about Mask of the Phantasm...

Certainly one of the best made Batman films, and certainly the most under appreciated one. The writing in it is genius and whats awesome about it is that up until Nolan came along, it was really the first Batman movie that was ABOUT Batman. I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for it, but consider the amount of character development and exploration of roots and motivations we get of the Wayne/Batman character in this compared to the other ones.'
It is also, in my opinion the only Batman movie to get a love relationship absolutely right. The Dark Knight came close, but this manages to take a female character and make her someone equal to play off of not only Bruce and Batman, and manages to develop this relationship full circle throughout the entire movie.
My only real beef with this film is that the way the Phantasm's powers work is never explained, and its very mysterious. But that's really about it. What are your thoughts?

Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote