The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 08-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #351
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
Where's my lack of respect, above?

And tell me: do you happen to notice lack of respect from others towards me? In this page, for instance? Or you do not?

I can make a list of direct offenses to me personally or to what I said here. In this page. Without your diligent appeal to them not to.
I did, and I just noted it in my post above. So, I am not picking on you.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #352
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Default Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Don't bring yourself down to the level of personal attacks, please. I don't want this to degenerate into a flame war.
Ok Spidey .

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #353
Mercurius
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Wow can someone say over dramatic , It's no secret you were against this film from the get-go so your 100% BS negative review doesn't surprise me one bit . With that said I just find your review an absolute joke that just isn't meant to be take seriously .
I know you are entitled, by Spider-Fan, to call what I say BS. However, he's threatening me if I come up with an answer of the same caliber.

But your bunch of adjectives against what I posted is mere lack of imagination; which is just obvious, considering that you tend to repeat what the others just said.

Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #354
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I didn't entitle ANYONE to personal attacks! If you looked at my posts, I warned Caped Crusader, too! Seriously, trying to call me out on my hypocracy is a wasted effort because I hold no bias. Yes, you got attacked. But, everyone else seems to have stopped at my warning. You keep going! Guess what, you're no longer a victim! Consider this a last warning to stop.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #355
Mercurius
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I did, and I just noted it in my post above. So, I am not picking on you.
I'm sorry, Spider-Fan, but what you did was to say, to a poster that directly attacked me, not to start a flame war.

When I was answering personal attacks, you have threatened me.

That's different. If you had appeared to say to Whiskey Tango not to start that kind of low level thing, that would be different.

I was just answering.

Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #356
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yes, and that was me issuing a warning for people to back off.

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 08-17-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 AM   #357
SuperFerret
A Decade of Derision

So... uh... what's wrong with clichés?

SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #358
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

God, your avatar is hilariously fantastic.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher. To break barriers... to reach for the stars... to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we're still pioneers... that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us. That our destiny lies above us."
Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 AM   #359
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

I LOVED it when "Augsburg" was mentioned!! That's my hometown!!

Old 08-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #360
Nathan

Watched it, really enjoyed it, but had my share of nitpicks. Like the first half being really great and the second half wrapping up way too quick. That we didn't see Cap train and how he learns to ricochet his shield. He just seems the perfect fighter after the serum.

Overall, 7-8/10. Leaning toward a solid 8 though since I really had fun with this Movie.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #361
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

Finally saw it in 3D in a maybe quarter-full theater (it was the first day of nice weather after a spell of rainy days and a weekday, so that might explain that). I loved it. Chris Evans totally sold me on the character (even in the dubbed version, lol). He was almost heartbreakingly cute as runt!Steve and very heroic and upstanding in supersoldier mode. I also loved every scene with Howard in it (it seems to be a Stark family tradition to get thrown around one's workshop, lol).

Only nitpick was that they might have spent a few minutes finding out his skill level in training, and that there was no real sense of how much time really passed during the montage, but that's more wishful thinking on my part and not really a negative on the movie.

9/10 for me. Iron Man 1 and 2 were better in my opinion, but as an Iron Man fan, I'm biased. XD

Adamantium Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #362
Union Jack
defender of the realm

my fave marvel movie for me so far..followed by hulk (incredible not ang lee's)

but i've liked all of them.. i did think x men first class was a bit slow and boring tho..

Old 08-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #363
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
So... uh... what's wrong with clichés?
Nothing, Hollywood is built on cliches.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #364
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Finally got around to seeing the film, and I give it a serious 10/10 for being a quality film.

Beats out Thor and Iron Man for me, because I think it had a little bit more going on in terms of depth of character. Steve Rogers was just so immediately likeable, and you can immediately see how great he is going to be in Avengers.

God I am just so excited for that movie, seeing how they all interact together. It's gonna be epic.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #365
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

What people call Cliches in Captain America I call old school fun! This movie is not trying to re-invent the wheel, it's supposed to be in the vein of the old school movies we grew up on, is it perfect?...NO(Too me it is because I appreciate what it tries to do, and I felt they nailed the character of Steve Rogers.) But man it's a fun ride. It's corny in places and that's one of the most endearing aspects of it in my book.

When does Cap leave theaters? Would like to catch it one last time before it goes out.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #366
Marvel
Side-Kick

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/38474

X-Men First Class leads the poll of "best film of the summer" but Cap is in second. I can see that because it's a tough call. Both films are that good. Thor is getting the shaft because it should be in the talk as well. All Marvel three were the best of summer by far.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #367
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
All Marvel three were the best of summer by far.
In blockbuster terms or just films in general?

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #368
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
In blockbuster terms or just films in general?
Blockbusters although out of all the films I saw I liked them best (including comedies and non-blockbusters haven't seen Midnight in Paris or The Help or The Devil's Double yet) ... and I voted Cap even though I loved all three Marvel films.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #369
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

my review-
http://hypestyleshomebase.blogspot.c...-spangled.html

I hope that the dvd/blu-ray has an extended narrative option, with more character exposition..

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #370
J.Howlett

Grain of salt but....http://www.theblurayblog.com/2011/08...-and-detailed/

Old 08-26-2011, 12:18 AM   #371
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
October 25th? A day before my birthday.

iGiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #372
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Weird that they would release the DVD/Blu-Ray so early instead of waiting a month for the Holiday season.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #373
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
The release date is a grain of salt but the Blu-ray/DVD specs and art are official.

Amazon
Blu-ray.com

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #374
BizarroAids
Heh

What's the domestic and international gross up to?

I wish that in the future, Marvel Studios will add some longer Behind-The-Scenes features. I loved the lengthy look behind Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, I was hoping Thor and most certainly Cap would get the same treatment. The Avengers needs to have the 3 hour treatment!

SMALLVILLE
2001-2011
BizarroAids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #375
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

those were different times. now u have to buy blu-rays to get the good features. even then it seems nobody cares about behind the scenes anymore

1) The Avengers, 2) The Dark Knight, 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier, 4) The Dark Knight Rises, 5) The Incredible Hulk, 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World,7) X-Men:FirstClass,8) Thor, 9) Thor:The Dark World, 10) Spider-Man 2,
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote