The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

View Poll Results: Captain America or The Human Torch
Captain America 123 78.34%
The Human Torch 14 8.92%
Tie 20 12.74%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #51
Superhero 101
DESI

Default Re: Captain America vs. The Human Torch - Which Chris Evans Performance Do You Prefer

He really was funny in FF movies and he really played an amazing Cap

Old 09-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #52
Zap
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America vs. The Human Torch - Which Chris Evans Performance Do You Prefer

He was the highlight of both films for me, so tough call. Though I'd have to go with Cap just because I wasn't 100% sold on him playing the Captain at first, so I went in with lower expectations, and he proved to be the best Cap I could imagine, beyond words. Though I still have to strongly admire him going through the transition between Steve and Johnny. That was truly a feat, and that takes acting skill to play diverse roles such as those. Well done, Evans.

Zap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #53
Panthro
Catman Begins

He was great in both parts, though I'm more likely to buy Cap for repeat viewings.

New 52 Flash SUCKS

Last edited by Panthro; 11-03-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #54
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

He played both roles excellently. He was the only highlight of the FF movies, and brought a really 3-dimensional, human, relatable, CAPTAIN AMERICA to the screen.

Shadowlord X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #55
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Captain America showed Chris Evans serious side,while The Human Torch showed his comedic side.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #56
actionavenue
Action Ave Studios

Captain America hands down.

actionavenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #57
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Captain America, without a doubt...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #58
Mr. Fixit
Enforcer

He was one of the better parts of the awful FF movies. He did a cool job as Human Torch.

But I'd also have to go with him as Cap. Not only was it a better film, it was a tighter performance.

Mr. Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #59
jb007
Side-Kick

Couldn't stand him as the Human torch. Captain America all the way!

jb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #60
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

I was flipping channels recently and passed the original FF movie. It was weird to see Evans with the buzzed brown hair as Johnny Storm, cracking jokes and being a ladies' man, because I was so occupied with him as Cap over the course of 2011.

Regarding the main question, there's no debate: Captain America was a better character in a better film, and Evans played him to perfection, so you gotta give it to Cap. But Evans really showed his talent and range as Steve Rogers (remember how concerned everybody was before the movie that he would be constantly joking, hitting on chicks, wearing a permanent smirk?). I hope he gets good parts in other movies because I've really grown to like him as an actor.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #61
ThDWgeek
Side-Kick

While he played both parts in a way that was true to their characterisation in the comics, I'm gonna say I liked his performance as Cap the best. He was likable in the role, and he had a lot more depth to the character.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #62
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Easily Captain America, but Evans pulled off Torch smoothly as well. I just think he is one of them rare actors where his good looks tend to over shadow his versatile acting talents.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #63
Steampunk Ghost
"No one but a Ghost"

im gonna go with Cap.

Steampunk Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #64
uniqueweasel
Don't Drink and Bake

Captain America

uniqueweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #65
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I just think he is one of them rare actors where his good looks tend to over shadow his versatile acting talents.
Agreed.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #66
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

He played Human Torch??? lol, That feels like a lifetime ago. He IS Captain America. In every sense of the word.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #67
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Unpopular opinion here.

But he's better off playing Human Torch, I just don't buy him playing Captain America. And he made cringe when I saw him being a goody-good person.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #68
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Chris Evans was perfect for the Human Torch and strangely also perfect for Steve Rogers aka Captain America. His performance(s) as Cap have been exceptional, I really do consider this as one of the best superhero castings since Chris Reeve as Superman.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #69
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

For me prefect casting -

Chris reeve - Superman.

Huge Jackman - Wolverine.

Robert Downey - Iron Man.

Chris Evans - Captain America.

Christian Bale - Batman.

James Marsden -Cyclops.

Although, it is most difficult to get a correct Batman, Bale is the closest, not 100 % perfect but near 75 %.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:49 AM   #70
JAK®
Upstart

He was great as both, but Cap was a better role than The Human Torch.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #71
hopeisreal
Banned User

He was pretty good at the Human Torch but I mean, for a character that on paper is supposed to be the square-jawed and boring type...he has DONE VERY WELL as Cap. Very surprised as I thought it was a bad choice to begin with

hopeisreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #72
Soundwave88
As you command Megatron.

Never read a Fanatic Four comic but I read some Cap's and Avengers so... For me the vote has to be Cap, I can't really see Human torch being THAT immature, Hope the reboot FF4! Would be great to see them and the Avengers in the same world I think.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #73
bertezza

Apparently majority voted that Chris Evans played well and fitted perfectly as the cast of Capt America, I agree as well. Here's a hypothetical question, what if the Avengers Initiative (as referred to Marvel Movies) consists of Fantastic Four? Who would be the best cast for Human Torch?

bertezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #74
NewYorkSpider
Heart Of Steel

Captain America.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #75
Visualiza
What is a yout?

I was skeptical when I found out he was cast as Cap, but all doubts were laid to rest after seeing the movie. He really hit it out of the park in both TFA and Avengers. Marvel has been pretty good about casting their leads thus far though, let's see if they can keep it up with GotG.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote