The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Comics

Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #301
jmc247
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Polaris Thread

Preview art for X-Men Legacy 255 or 256. They say #256 at CBR so who knows.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-01-2011 at 06:00 AM.
jmc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #302
jmc247
Side-Kick

Lorna will be appearing on X-Factor in January.

Preview page for X-Men Legacy 255.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-09-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #303
jmc247
Side-Kick

I have been waiting all summer for this issue and years for her to return home and finally after all this time the end is finally in sight.

Plus a few more days until X-Men Legacy 255 comes out.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-10-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #304
Havok83
Side-Kick

I really hope the X-factor artist gives her a costume redesign

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #305
jmc247
Side-Kick

Mike Carey interview

Quote:
Carey Prepares His Final "Legacy"

CBR News: Mike, let's start with the big question. It was announced recently that your run on "X-Men Legacy" would be coming to an end. You started working on the book about five years back when it was still the original adjectiveless "X-Men" series. Why is now a good time to end your run? And are you able to reveal what issue number will be your last?

Mike Carey: I wind up with #260, which means that if you count in the two annuals I'll have had a 75-issue run -- the same length as my run on Lucifer, but that's entirely a coincidence.

It's only a good time in one respect, which is that the pressure of other, non-comics work has been building and building over the last two years, to the point where I need a sabbatical just to deal with the projects that are currently on my plate. I once said I'd stay on "X-Men" until the X-office editors locked me in a steamer trunk and threw me into the East River, and I meant it when I said it. I'm hoping that this is just a temporary hiatus for me in the Marvel Universe, where I've had a wonderful time over the past seven years.

CBR News: Magneto, Frenzy, and Gambit appeared in another part of the station and began looking for Rogue and the missing Starjammers. During their search Magneto asks a very telling question: "What brought my daughter and the rest here?" Not, "What brought the Starjammers here?" That indicates to us that coming face to face with Polaris is very much on Magneto's mind. How does he feel about seeing Polaris again? How does Magneto perceive the current state of their relationship?

Mike Carey: We've seen Magneto going through a lot of changes lately -- very profound changes, both to his thinking and to his relationships with other mutants. I think as part of that, and maybe also as a delayed reaction to the events surrounding the "House of M" and the "Decimation," he's had to re-evaluate his relationships with his children. Even before that, we saw him declare to the people of Genosha that Polaris was his daughter and that he acknowledged her as an heir. My take on his current state of mind is that he's very mindful of his responsibilities towards his children and wants -- as an immediate priority -- to get to know them better.

CBR News: Speaking of Polaris, is there anything you can tell us about the physical and mental states of the Starjammers? These are a group of characters that have been fighting various conflicts for a long time. They warred against the tyrannical former Shi'Ar emperor Vulcan, participated in the "War of Kings," and now they're in the middle of the Shi'Ar-Grad Nan Holt conflict. Has that gotten to them at all? And what does their current conflict mean to them? How invested are they in it?

Mike Carey: In some ways, that has to come out in the course of the story -- and #256 provides a big part of the answer. You're right that they've just gone from one war to another over the past couple of years. This war is one that they walked into completely by accident, on their way home to Earth, but they seem to have become very actively involved in it, nonetheless. The question of what's at stake for them, and why they're so partisan in this struggle, is a very pertinent one.

More generally? I think they're pretty much burned out with alien politics and alien warfare and more than ready to return to Earth. Most of the objectives that took them into space in the first place have been met or else have become irrelevant. It's time. It's way past time, in fact: they're coming home (although it's not the home they left).

CBR News: Any parting thoughts about your five years and 75 issues on "X-Men Legacy?"

Just that I've had more fun writing this book -- and writing in the X-Verse -- than I can say. I've used this analogy before, but it's still the way I feel about it. I read and loved the X-Men as a kid, and again as a teen. To have written them makes me feel like I've added a few bricks to a massive and beautiful building that I used to stop and gawk at when I passed it on the street. It's a very specific pleasure.

I'd also like to thank my editors, and my collaborators, in a loud and awkward and public way. I worked with the best on this book. [Editor] Daniel Ketchum was inspiring and hugely supportive, as was Nick Lowe before him. They do an incredible job of giving writers creative freedom within the complicated and ever-changing parameters of a big comics franchise. Art-wise, I started off my X-Men run by working with the legendary Chris Bachalo, and finished up with a stellar team that included Clay Mann, Steve Kurth and Khoi Pham. I couldn't have asked for better, or been happier.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=34362

Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #306
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I really hope the X-factor artist gives her a costume redesign
I hope so too. She and Havok would look a little out of place with the rest of the team and their more street level looks.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #307
OutcryX
Side-Kick

Perhaps Alex sides with Wolverine because Scott left him stranded for like 5 years....then again..so did Wolverine..but Logan isnt his friggin brother

MARVEL COMICS
White-washing the X-Men one minority at a time

-Manic
OutcryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #308
Havok83
Side-Kick

I wouldnt say Wolverine left him stranded anywhere. If Alex is upset with Scott about his lack of interest in finding him then I say he's definetly justified. He had oppurtunity and means to at least investigate his whereabouts and locate him but he ignored that, even when called out about it (Colossus in X-Infernus). I dont see him having an issue with Logan or any of the other X-men over it, but Scott (and maybe Xavier)? Most definetly

Old 09-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #309
OutcryX
Side-Kick

i include Logan and every other X-man at that..because they knew about it and nobody actively DID anything about it. It's one thing to occasionally bring it up every once in a blue moon but c'mon..three members of your team are gone and you keep going with business as usual?

I hold Xavier (for taking them and returning without them) and Scott (he's related to them all..well Polaris is his brother's girlfriend) especially at fault...Magneto gets blame too..but he has always been an absentee father..but all the X-men are bad teammates for abandoning them without batting an eye

MARVEL COMICS

-Manic
Old 09-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #310
Havok83
Side-Kick

Well you mentioned why he'd be pissed at Scott and thats bc he's his brother and its alot more personal there. Thats why I dont see him holding every X-men accountable. Do I expect to see him mad at Gambit, Rogue, Dazzler, Psylocke, and Archangel, for example? Of course not. He doesnt really have many strong connections to them and this wouldnt be the first time the X-men have left one of their own behind w/o trying to find them (Bishop following the Phalanx/Shi'ar story in the mid 90s; Gambit in Antarctica...) If there was anyone that was going to find a status update on Alex, it was going to be either Scott or Xavier. I still cant beleive Xavier was there during the RaFotSE, saw all that went on and didnt look back once he returned to Earth. Guy still doesnt know that the cosmic war claimed Lilandra's life and the 3 space X-men were nearly killed as well.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #311
OutcryX
Side-Kick

HAHA. except that it looked like Bishop #lowkey resented everybody..(joking) his space story was awesome by the way. as for Gambit..the team was there for his trial and he was found guilty...it looked as if they were fine with his abandonment..seeing as he had inadvertently caused the most traumatic and tragic event in their history.

Lilandra was just a piece to Xavier. sure he said whatever she wanted to hear while with her in order to get that a__ but it was only empty words.
he was a dick for leaving half his squad stranded though. and scott seemed to have forgotten he wasn't an only child.

i'd be a bit ill at everyone..cuz everyone knew..with a special anger that those i hold closest to me that didnt do shat

MARVEL COMICS

-Manic

Last edited by OutcryX; 09-14-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #312
jmc247
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcryX View Post
I hold Xavier (for taking them and returning without them) and Scott (he's related to them all..well Polaris is his brother's girlfriend) especially at fault...Magneto gets blame too..but he has always been an absentee father..but all the X-men are bad teammates for abandoning them without batting an eye
Magneto joined the X-Men in late 2009 so we are talking about at most a few months Marvel time before he knew she was gone from when he went on the mission.

Xavier and Scott I hold the most to blame.

From 2007

Old 09-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #313
jmc247
Side-Kick

X-Men Legacy 255 was
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
a very nice set up issue for the rest of the arc. Rogue kicks ass as usual. Rachel is awake and tells of a super powered telepathic alien powerful enough to knock her out for a week. Team Magneto meets up with the rest of the X-Men lost in space only there is something a little off about them. They are killing Shi'ar not just in battle, but executing them as well clearly after being mind controlled. But, they keep their personalities so they think they are doing the right thing by serving these aliens, even if we see hints there are parts of their mind that have some problem with it. We also see the alien mind control is powerful enough to get a Shi'ar to kill himself.

The reunion between Magneto and Lorna goes well as long as she doesn't think he is an enemy of her alien masters, but the Shi'ar attack to kill the aliens, the X-Jammers, and team Magneto which convinces Lorna that Magneto is an enemy of her alien masters and that she must kill him.

All in all some of the best art work I have seen from Kurth over the years and a really good set up plot for what is potentally to come. Its nice that the X-Jammers still retain their personality even if they think they are the servents of an alien race and must fight and kill to protect these aliens.

We get an idea of what Magneto thinks about Lorna and what she thinks about him which is something I have been waiting a long time for. Carey is right that the storyline from the Magneto prospective felt like a delayed reaction to House of M/Decimation. I thought Carey did a really good job on this issue and there are only five issues left of Mike Carey written Legacy to come.

My only issue with the story is its decompressed which wouldn't be a problem if it were a 8 issue story as we are getting real character development, but we have only three issues left of the space arc. That said it could certainly be worse as it was origionally planned to be four issues before they bumped it up to five.

One also can't review the issue without giving credit to the cover artist for an amazing cover. All in all my recommendation is certainly to pick it up.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #314
jmc247
Side-Kick

X-Men Legacy 256 Review

Where we left off last issue mind controlled Lorna, Havok, and Korvus are doing battle against Magneto, Gambit and Frenzy. Magneto tries to call a time out to deal with the fact the hull is about to break and it doesn't go to well for him. Rogue absorbs the mind of the dying Shi'ar scientist to find out how to safe the space station and the billion people on board.

Rachel battles the Friendless and finds out he is playing both sides and shoots him out into space which of course doesn't kill him. Lorna, Havok and Korvus have their mind controlled broken which leads to the best line of the comic.

Magneto: Polaris come. We'll have to see that breach in the wall. Havok will watch our backs.

Havok: I don't take orders from--

Magneto: Havok will watch our backs, or else practice breathing without oxygen.

Magneto and Polaris fix the massive breach in the space stations walls. Which turns into a 'teachable moment' for Lorna on minipulating metal at the subatomic level. Lorna can't believe they fought and says there was so much she wanted to say to him, Magneto promises they will talk in depth in a calmer time and place.

Korvus and Rachel have a short romantic moment where he tells her his soul is his shelter. Rachel and Frenzy go into the core of the space station to fix it from falling into the sun and in the end we see the Friendless is still alive and is now taking over Shi'ar minds.

In all I would say the issue was quite good and it was nice that the mind control plot for Lorna, Havok, and Korvus ended half way into the series instead of ending say during the last issue. The short scenes between Havok and Magneto and non-mind controlled Lorna and Magneto were quite good. The art while not quite as good as last issue is still some of the best I have seen from Kurth. He has really improved as an artist over the last several years. In all it was a good third issue and after two issues that had alot of exposition things are now really heating up in the arc.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #315
jmc247
Side-Kick

X-Factor 243: Discovering a long-buried secret from the past, one member of X-Factor will be driven insane.

First art from the issue released below.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #316
jmc247
Side-Kick

Preview Pages for X-Factor 243.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #317
Specter313
Ghost of all things X