The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #26
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Riptide/Jonas Quested Thread

Ray Park was fine in the action sequences and when he said "won't you people ever die". But Tyler Mane was just plain bad.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #27
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Eh disagreed, but this is sexy Riptide's thread. All other movie complaining is over thataway. ----->

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #28
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Eh disagreed, but this is sexy Riptide's thread. All other movie complaining is over thataway. ----->
Good point. Alex is very sexy. And he's done nude scenes... (which way is that thread )

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #29
Majik1387

Has he?
Scuse me, google is calling.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #30
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

Oh lawd

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #31
Majik1387

Hey if I have to put up with the ridiculous hormones in the Catwoman thread I'm allowed to lust in another thread other than the Hunk thread.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #32
JimB
Side-Kick

Quote:
Has he?
Scuse me, google is calling.
lol

JimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #33
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I thought as far as henchmen go in the series he was quite good, he could definately cause some havoc when he needed to, and the fact he directly stopped Magneto keeping the sub up was pretty cool.
I agree I loved that he put a little fight when Magneto raised their submarine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoldier985 View Post
lol, you could've fooled me if I didn't know who January Jones was.
January Jones is a decent actress. Just looked at the nominations she got from Emmy and Golden Globes.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 AM   #34
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Ray Park played Toad just fine. Same for Tyler Mane with Sabretooth.
Much preferred their takes over most takes on the characters in media.
Yeah I enjoyed Toad's performance.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #35
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Latino Review: First off I'm sure you're happy being in such a hit of a film like "X-Men: First Class." Was this the first American film you've appeared in?

Álex González: Yes, this is the first. I have a career in Spain but this is the first American movie that I did. It was a surprise for me because at the beginning I didn't have any vision to do anything outside of Spain. I had the opportunity to do the audition and everything that happened after that was a miracle. I think it's difficult for an actor to be in a fantastic movie such as this one, but for me it's actually a little more difficult to land a part in this movie because these roles don't normally exist for actors in my position. I'm really happy for that.

Latino Review: I have to admit, some of the funniest reactions that I read on "X-Men: First Class" had to be fan reactions about you playing Riptide. They'd write posts like 'Who's that handsome guy who makes the tornadoes?'

Álex González: (Laughs) I prefer to not think about it because I -- (tongue-tied) -- thank you for telling me that.

Latino Review: I was just saying it because there are some people who obviously really liked you, even if you were a villain. (Laughs)

Álex González: You know what, I don't usually have the opportunity to play a bad guy because they used to tell me that I look like a good boy and they normally wouldn't offer me the villain role. That's one of the reasons why I enjoyed playing Riptide in the film and also because when you play a bad guy you can allow yourself to do things that you wouldn't do in real life. You cannot be polite, you cannot be passive, you cannot do a lot of things that you would do in real life.

Latino Review: So it's basically tons of fun being a villain.

Álex González: Yeah. I love it more because you can discover different things and you can explore different things that you cannot explore with a good guy. Somebody may offer you a role to play a killer and you might say 'Oh my God, no I can't do that because I'm not a killer' but then you find out the way they think and work. It's more enjoyable to play them.

Latino Review: Had you read the "X-Men" comics before?

Álex González: Not really. Of course after they chose me I read a lot of the comics but before the movie no. The thing is that there's not too much information about Riptide in the comics because he's not a very popular character. The good thing about that is that I have the option to create my own character. The director (Matthew Vaughn) saw this and gave me the freedom to do so.

Latino Review: Yeah, but sometimes it's better that way. I assume it was a great experience working with Matthew Vaughn.

Álex González: I feel that Matthew Vaughn is a very confident director and gives you some freedom to create your own character.

Latino Review: Then have you been waiting for the call to make another "X-Men" movie?

Álex González: When we all signed up for "X-Men: First Class" we signed up for three movies. Nobody knows if we're going to do the sequel of the prequel but I don't know. It all depends on the money and other factors, but I would really love to do another "X-Men" movie.

Latino Review: It'd be great seeing you tear more stuff apart in the sequel.

Álex González: Yeah! (Laughs) Another reason why I want to do a sequel is because in the first one my English was really bad and it was a little bit difficult for me to interact with the rest of the crew. I feel that it would be more enjoyable because now I can communicate better.
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/-le...st-class-14626

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #36
nikos52
Newbie First Class

don't care about his excistence

kill him off, keep him, who cares anyway? he's there for his powers and his powers only!

nikos52 is offline   Reply With Quote