The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 09-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #51
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
I loved the The Death and Return of Superman game.

For me the best Superman without question was Superman 64 , just thinking about flying through them rings gives me goose~bumps! What a game!!!

Last edited by EtherMagic; 09-17-2011 at 10:31 PM.
EtherMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #52
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
For me the best Superman without question was Superman 64 , just thinking about flying through them rings gives me goose~bumps! What a game!!!

LOL, I never played that one, as a matter of fact the only Superman game I have played is TDAROS. I don't know if Justice League: Task Force counts...

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #53
gkokujin
Side-Kick

The BEST superman game ever was the Arcade game

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #54
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
The BEST superman game ever was the Arcade game
I remember that........lol

since most movie tie-in games suck, I actually would prefer if they did NOT make a MOS-based game.

A game like the Arkham games for Batman, based on the comics, in its own universe, would be more of what I'd like to see.

Disney Lover!!
Raven X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:21 AM   #55
Kal el

Great ideas guys. I'm also a Supes fan that would love a AA type game.

Thought the red sun idea was pretty good when it was explained he would have his powers but make them stronger every mission complete. I hate when people suggest Supes not having powers at all or being weaker. Superman is a power house & we all should want to experience that. However I'm all for AA type upgrades that help progress the game.

Upgrades
Heat vision
Pinpoint accuracy / power blast

X-Ray Vision
See through more things /Longer distances /Find hidden objects

Superspeed
Ability to slowdown time ala Smallville

Superhearing
Unlock this ability & can seek out bombs or whatever

Flight
Unlock ability to fly into space/ Underwater

Superstrength - Lift basic stuff out the box but become stronger lifting more tons

Superbreath - Unlock ability to super suck / make mini tornadoes

Last edited by Kal el; 09-20-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Kal el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:33 AM   #56
Kal el

Also Batman AA type gameplay can be in a Superman game because Clark Kent. Clark Kent is a investigating reporter. He does the dective work himself but also has the abilities to take it a step further with X-Ray vision, Superspeed, Superhearing etc.

Clark is working a case with lois searching for clues: Unlocking Safes with superhearing, finding hidden doors/objects, Using superspeed to bypass security cameras/officers/enemies, supervision to find microscopic evidence like footprints or particles, heat vision to disable security cams etc.

Theres so much you can do in a superman game that developers have yet to try. That would include RPG elements for being a reporter & keeping your secret.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:45 AM   #57
Kal el

And how can I forget. The next Superman game needs tons of side missions. Superman Returns completely screwed up with the lack of mission variety

Ideas & situations.

Crime
1. Police car chases
2. Muggings
3. Purse snatchers
4. Bank Robberies
5. Criminal/Police Shootouts
6. Hostage situations
7. Track criminal hideouts
8. Grand theft Auto
9. Ease drop on schemes
10. Gang Violence
11. Rescuing someone from being shot

Rescue
1. Evacuate Burning Building
2. Put out fires (Cars & Buildings)
3. Sinking Ship rescue
4. Someone about to get hit by a vechicle
5. Train failing off the tracks
6. Finding Bombs
7. Failing Objects & people
8. Take civilians to hospital
9. Drowning at the beach
10. Repair bridges
11. Car crash prevention
12. Stranded on boat
13. Pregnant couple in labor stranded

Disasters
1. Poisonous toxic gas(inhale it superbreath release it in space)
2. Falling Asteroids
3. Falling Missiles
4. Infected water supply
5. Helicopter/Plane crash
6. Out of control car
7. Defusing bombs

Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 AM   #58
Kal el

And Superman should be able to access certain buildings. Not being able to go in any building sucked in Superman Returns. You couldnt even go in the daily planet.

Landmarks that should be accessible to Superman
- Daily Planet
- Hospital
- Police Station
- Banks
- Starlabs
- City Hall
- Museum
- LexCorp

And all those places should allow missions kinda like GTA games.

Example 1 - Enter hospital & a doctor is needed but stuck in traffic. So Supes needs to find the doctor & bring him back to the hospital to help patients or deliver a baby

Example 2 - Enter Museum & a object has gone missing. Gather 2 clues from the scene & locate the object & bring it back

Example 3 - Enter Starlabs & Professor Hamilton needs you to gather some materials for a special project. Possibly building you a new suit that has better attributes for speed.

Now civilians need chatter. When walking by ppl they need to be acknowledging you which they didnt do in superman returns. Not even a hi superman or thanks .

Old 09-20-2011, 06:22 AM   #59
Krumm
Beer Snob

Though not directly Superman related, has anyone played DCU Online? I'm pretty stoked now that it's free!

Krumm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #60
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal el View Post
And Superman should be able to access certain buildings. Not being able to go in any building sucked in Superman Returns. You couldnt even go in the daily planet.

Landmarks that should be accessible to Superman
- Daily Planet
- Hospital
- Police Station
- Banks
- Starlabs
- City Hall
- Museum
- LexCorp

And all those places should allow missions kinda like GTA games.

Example 1 - Enter hospital & a doctor is needed but stuck in traffic. So Supes needs to find the doctor & bring him back to the hospital to help patients or deliver a baby

Example 2 - Enter Museum & a object has gone missing. Gather 2 clues from the scene & locate the object & bring it back

Example 3 - Enter Starlabs & Professor Hamilton needs you to gather some materials for a special project. Possibly building you a new suit that has better attributes for speed.

Now civilians need chatter. When walking by ppl they need to be acknowledging you which they didnt do in superman returns. Not even a hi superman or thanks .
I like all your ideas Kal el,I think you missed the fortress from the list of landmarks though,and possibly a phantom zone or Kandor level,or an unlockable phantom zone/Kandor challenge as well would be cool?.

Ah heck,lets have the ability to fly hundreds of miles out to sea to save a sinking ship,or to put out an oil rig fire,then have to fly back to Metropolis at real super speed.

Lets have the ability to go into orbit to assist the space station,or even to a moon base!,they should really go for it with the game,I'd even wait years for the next gen of consoles if it means getting a huge detailed deep game that was awesome.

I'm hoping we get a really good game with all the depth and possibilities that you mention,but I don't think it will happen until Man of Steel shows that it will be a box office success,and there is real interest from gamer's.

And the success of the Bat games can only help,and should show the companies that it would be profitable,and would warrant the money and time invested to develop and make a really good Superman game.

Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #61
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

DCUO is free?!? I want to get it now.

Anyway, back to Kal el's ideas. I like your ideas and think it's very possible to make an AA-like Superman game. Oh and yes to Greeneyes on the FoS, PZ, Kandor levels.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #62
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
DCUO is free?!? I want to get it now.

Anyway, back to Kal el's ideas. I like your ideas and think it's very possible to make an AA-like Superman game. Oh and yes to Greeneyes on the FoS, PZ, Kandor levels.
The online play will be free. I believe you still have to buy/download the game.

Check out the Hype homepage.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #63
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

That's still pretty awesome. I was always a little timid to buy it, cause of the pay to play aspect. Now I'm reconsidering it.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #64
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
That's still pretty awesome. I was always a little timid to buy it, cause of the pay to play aspect. Now I'm reconsidering it.
Oh, totally. I'm very excited. And I know the PS3 disc isn't all the expensive.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #65
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

I so would if I had a PS3...

Old 09-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #66
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

It's also for PC.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #67
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

Ah. Of course But I don't really do the PC gaming thing, I prefer regular consoles. And I don't think my computer could handle that type of game.

And hey, the Drive guy wants to do a Wonder Woman movie?

Old 09-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #68
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Yes to Refn wanting to do Wonder Woman.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #69
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

That is crazy awesome.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #70
Kal el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
I like all your ideas Kal el,I think you missed the fortress from the list of landmarks though,and possibly a phantom zone or Kandor level,or an unlockable phantom zone/Kandor challenge as well would be cool?.

Ah heck,lets have the ability to fly hundreds of miles out to sea to save a sinking ship,or to put out an oil rig fire,then have to fly back to Metropolis at real super speed.

Lets have the ability to go into orbit to assist the space station,or even to a moon base!,they should really go for it with the game,I'd even wait years for the next gen of consoles if it means getting a huge detailed deep game that was awesome.

I'm hoping we get a really good game with all the depth and possibilities that you mention,but I don't think it will happen until Man of Steel shows that it will be a box office success,and there is real interest from gamer's.

And the success of the Bat games can only help,and should show the companies that it would be profitable,and would warrant the money and time invested to develop and make a really good Superman game.
Well I was strictly refering to Metroplis Landmarks but yeah those places available would be awesome. Not Sure what can be done to get you to the Fotress other than teleporting. There Jor el could have challenges / trials for Clark.

I dont know what limitations are there for 360/PS3 but id imagine Superman Returns didnt even scratch the surface. The game size was like 2.4 GBs. Thats absolutely nothing & they surely couldve fitted in more land, probably space & underwater options.

The Physics were kinda lacking. With Superbreath he could make mini tornados & blow cars far which was cool but couldnt blow enemies away.

He can have huge fire blast but the area wouldnt be effected. It was only visually impressive. You couldnt even get trees or grass to burn.

You could run into cars but they wouldnt move instead you'd be bumped out of the way. He should knock every car out of the way.

When you play games like Red Faction you can see how destruction can be done for the 360 & that wasnt shown in Superman Returns. So I think it has little to do with tech limits but more to do with time restraints & lazydevelopers. So maybe going to space was possible for SR.

No doubt after Man of Steel new consoles will be out. Theres no excuse how limitations are an issue then. I personally think the current consoles can handle alot of the stuff we are wanting.

Superman Returns didnt even have a real story mode or missions. So something else was the problem there. All you did was fight the same enemies & that was pretty much the game.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #71
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Just because a developer doesn't have the time or the money to make a great game doesn't make them lazy.

I agree movie tie ins suck (because they have neither time nor money to be good), and I definitely want a AA-quality game, but I think something more emphazing what makes the character great would be better than a game that tries to capture everything. Arkham Asylum got rid of Gotham, Robins, Bruce Wayne, and reduced the Batmobile to a cameo, it focused just on the things that make Batman cool: strealth, detective, gadgets, martial arts. I think an AA quality Superman game will do the same thing, instead of trying to do everything, since no one is going to front that kind of money and time, will really bring home the idea of a guy who is crazy powerful and morally inspirational. I don't think an award winning Superman game will be AA with a Superman mod, though, AA is such a great game, that'd still be fun to play.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #72
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Arkham City Writer Eyes Superman Game
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1199048p1.html

Old 10-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #73
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Arkham City Writer Eyes Superman Game
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1199048p1.html
Not to sure if I should be excited yet.......

Old 10-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #74
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

AC hype is contagious and now I really would like for it to happen. Not getting my hopes up, though.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #75
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Still wish this got finished.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by HighFivingMF; 10-17-2011 at 11:28 PM.
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote