The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #101
deathknell3000
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Downey's last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I can see Iron Man 3 being Downey's last solo Iron Man movie, and then he'll only come back for Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 (hypothetically speaking) before calling it quits. Avengers 3 probably wouldn't come out until around 2018; by then, Downey will be 53 and he'll probably want to move on to other things.
He's too smart to let a cash cow like this go.

deathknell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #102
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Hopefully he does Avengers 2 and 3. I don't care about Iron Man 4.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #103
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathknell3000 View Post
He's too smart to let a cash cow like this go.
Honestly, at this point, Marvel needs Downey more than Downey needs Marvel. I don't see him signing another multi-picture deal once he's finished with Iron Man 3, unless Marvel decides to offer him Johnny Depp-like money (unlikely). I think he'll be willing to do one or two Avengers sequels, but that's it.

Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #104
4jsis4
Side-Kick

I don't think this would be his last. He still has The Avengers and 2 more sequels following up.

4jsis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #105
Blader5489
CASUAL SEX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jsis4 View Post
I don't think this would be his last. He still has The Avengers and 2 more sequels following up.
1) The Avengers releases before Iron Man 3.

2) He doesn't have to do any Avengers sequels. His contract is for three Iron Man movies and one Avengers.

Blader5489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #106
RP3X

I think hes good for a few more films to come, guy looks good hes still got some good skin and excellent hair, he looks younger then some of my m8s that are in there late 20s even.

And thats why we have stunt doubles galore

Theres plenty of Avengers left and RDJ can always do the voicing for iron man and if anything every now and then his helmet can come down and we can either see his face or have a CGI fan underneath

RP3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #107
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason

You know, I was thinking that they could still have RDJ associated with future Ironman films but perhaps pull a Batman Beyond and have Tony Stark be more of a mentor to another guy using his suit and his technology.

*Edit* Just realized what I posted, but oh my God does Tony really need anymore Batman similarities? >_<

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-09-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #108
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
You know, I was thinking that they could still have RDJ associated with future Ironman films but perhaps pull a Batman Beyond and have Tony Stark be more of a mentor to another guy using his suit and his technology.

*Edit* Just realized what I posted, but oh my God does Tony really need anymore Batman similarities? >_<
First off, that would've been Rhodey when he assumed the Iron Man identity when Stark was incapacitated with alcholism. Stark was a mentor to him in the comics. However, it hasn't worked out this way in the movies. We don't really need other people in the Iron Man armour apart from those two.

And yes, we don't need more Batman similarities. RDJ could still do a few more films, especially since most of the action is CGI and he only has to do the helmet interior shots.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #109
Godzilla2000
The Kick Of Reason

Well, the one thing that separates Tony from Bruce Wayne is that he really is a playboy millionaire, not posing as one.

Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #110
Lord
All Mighty

Right now Robert Downey Junior owes his career to Marvel, Iron Man made him popular again, if things go as planed after The Avengers Marvel may not need him as much

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #111
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I believe its the complete reversal. Iron Man resurrected RDJ's career but as of now Marvel needs him far more than RDJ needs Marvel. After his contract is up with IM3 he can chose to stay out of loyalty(cause I don't see Marvel throwing tons of money at him) or move on.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #112
Sith Scotti
Banned User

Do you really want RDJ pulling a harrison Ford and be playing Iron Man while he is wearing depends ? ..... 3 is enough . 4 if you count the Avengers film If Bond can replace Connery .....

Sith Scotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #113
Lord
All Mighty

I sincerelly hope Marvel Cinematic Universe can become the next bond series with actors being recast different stories and villain, but in this case different genres being used.
Pratically converting the marvel comics universe into cinema

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #114
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

I'm really, really averse to seeing another actor play Tony Stark. I sincerely hope that RDJ will make a new contract with Marvel when his current one is done and come back for at least two more solo Iron Man movies, and two more Avengers. He's stated his love for the character, and that he'd be happy bouncing back and forth between Tony Stark and Sherlock Holmes for the next ten years.

That said, Tony Stark is an enduring character that can survive a recast imo, if that recast is done well. If the MCU is to endure, recasts should be considered for all of the characters sooner or later. Bringing in new characters is risky, riskier than recasts. At least that's my take on it.

Adamantium Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #115
Aluchak
Banned User

Cs Funny Re: Downey's last?

"Well, you can forget it. I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one. To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself, which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending on what state you're in. You can't have it. "
- Robert Downey Jr.

Seriously, though. If Robert Downey quits, NO MORE TONY STARK. Do not recast him. Not in the same film universe. 10, 20 years down the line I'd be pumped to see a new Iron Man, but I don't want to see a new one in THIS film universe. Even making Rhodey(and I hated Cheadle as Rhodey) would be better than recasting Tony Stark.

Last edited by Aluchak; 09-11-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Aluchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #116
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think he can keep playing this role for a long time as long as he stays in shape. With the miracles in visuals and CG, it won't be hard to make him look younger or up to par on screen.

Even Roger Moore and Sean Connery played Bond well into their 50's. And Connery started the role as a young man who had competed in bodybuilding competitions. Though Moore started much, much older. He just can't get like Shatner and get tubby when he gets old .

But yeah I really can't see anyone else playing the role besides Downey at this point. Though realistically, I'm sure someone could. I just don't want to see someone else do it . However, I see no reason he can't do it well into his 50's really.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #117
fixxxer1022
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Scotti View Post
Do you really want RDJ pulling a harrison Ford and be playing Iron Man while he is wearing depends ? ..... 3 is enough . 4 if you count the Avengers film If Bond can replace Connery .....

in all fairness harrison is still a solid actor, age is not a factor.

im sure downey will at least do im3 and 1 avengers sequel. after that i can see a reboot and a new actor being cast.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #118
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

The ultimate goal should be getting downey in three more films; 2 avenger sequels and maybe an im4.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #119
TheDragonator
Banned User

Sam Jackson's about ten years older than Downey, and he's probably going to stay around.

Hopefully Iron Man will be the first superhero film to have a fourth installment that DOESN'T completely suck.

TheDragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #120
deathknell3000
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
im sure downey will at least do im3 and 1 avengers sequel. after that i can see a reboot and a new actor being cast.

A reboot so soon would be gay.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #121
deathknell3000
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
The ultimate goal should be getting downey in three more films; 2 avenger sequels and maybe an im4.
Downey is smart and he loves the role. He won't agree to more sequels now but if The Avengers and Iron Man 3 are hits........ Well...... Then he can negotiate for a larger salary.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #122
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Didn't he say in an interview he was doing Iron Man 3 and then they'd go back to negotiating or something?

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #123
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Hopefully he does Avengers 2 and 3. I don't care about Iron Man 4.
I feel the same.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #124
deathknell3000
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
I feel the same.
Most fans would disagree with both of you.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #125
Superhero 101
DESI

I think he will just do the Avengers Sequels and after that Marvel will have recast someone else I mean 3 Iron Man movies and 3 Avengers Movies is good enough for him