The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
diabolik
Side-Kick

Default The Joker sized elephant in the room

So how there HAS to be some talk mention or screen time for him in this final film right? They can't destroy Gotham, connect everything to the other films...and totally leave him out.

How do you think it will be handled ( if at all )

diabolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
thewhyteman
I got yer side-kick

Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Logically, I think they will mention him. He is after all Batman's greatest villain. I have no doubt absent Ledger's passing, Joker would play a decent size roll in the third.

So I would think it would be done with Dialog. Possibly between Batman and Gordan towards the beginning of the movie.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Maybe Batman will ask Gordon about him.

"How's the clown?"

I don't know, something like that.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

If, indeed, Bruce is to continue his journey beyond these films in our minds imagination, a very corny way of doing it would be for him to hear the Joker escapes at the end. And I'd enjoy every second of it

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
TinkerTailor
Pest

I think his influence is going to be felt purely because of the position Batman finds himself in at the start of the film. Hunted by GCPD and taking the weight for Dent's crimes.

Last edited by TinkerTailor; 11-08-2011 at 07:00 PM.
TinkerTailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
87vertgt
Dark Knight Junkie

Good Thread...I've been meaning to ask this myself......

How are they going to continue the storyline???? They must have something really good up their sleeve as part 3 was in mind when part 1 and 2 were created.

At the same time. The Joker can get out of any situation as he's proved time and time again. How do they keep him locked up this time? I dont think they can.

87vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
Boom
I got nothin'

I don't necessarily see a problem here.

The Joker's story arc was completed in TDK, and he's behind bars.

Last edited by Boom; 11-08-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerTailor View Post
I think his influence is going to be felt purely because of the position Batman finds himself in at the start of the film. Hunted by GCPD and taking the weight for Dent's crimes.
This I agree with. Joker is finished with, and his legacy is all that's left. Enter Bane.

AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
Pontillo
Side-Kick

would like to hear his name mentioned at least once. If he's totally ignore it will be wrong imo.

Pontillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
Just_Human
Side-Kick

There could be some subtle reference, without having to mention him or his name.

Like how some Gothamites don't trust anyone or have gone crazy ( as the Joker himself said in TDK)

Remember in TDK, they talk about the Arkham psychos Joker has hired.
At the end of BB, Gordon is worried about the ex Arkham inmates who were still out there.
But in TDK, there was no mention of the LOS or RAG ( correct me if Im wrong)

Back to TDKR, they could also bring up the fact that all mob is locked up or killed

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #11
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Since Harvey Dent is obviously getting a few mentions, I think the Joker is guaranteed one, too, since he was instrumental in Harvey's downfall. It looks like the whole Harvey Dent legacy is part of Bane's plan.

Unless there's an Arkham breakout, there's no problem story wise with Joker being absent.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #12
Victarion
Cut

If Ledger were still alive, I could see Joker serving as the judge, just because he targeted Dent in TDK and because one of his stories about his past involved his wife getting involved with the mob. The scene could've elaborated more on Joker's past through the sentences he passed on the upperclass rich--businessmen and elected officials who were tied with the mob--and progressed Bane's plan for Gotham.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
WiseBrook
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vertgt View Post
Good Thread...I've been meaning to ask this myself......

How are they going to continue the storyline???? They must have something really good up their sleeve as part 3 was in mind when part 1 and 2 were created.
Ive never heard any indication that this story was conceived during the earlier films. They said that TDK was originally planned as two sequels. But Im sure they do have something up their sleeve.

WiseBrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #14
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolik View Post
So how there HAS to be some talk mention or screen time for him in this final film right? They can't destroy Gotham, connect everything to the other films...and totally leave him out.

How do you think it will be handled ( if at all )
That's assuming connections to previous film are the driving force of the movie. I'll hazzard a guess and say they won't.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

I don't think they need to mention Joker.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #16
HisMagicTrick
Thank God I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
There could be some subtle reference, without having to mention him or his name.

Like how some Gothamites don't trust anyone or have gone crazy ( as the Joker himself said in TDK)

Remember in TDK, they talk about the Arkham psychos Joker has hired.
At the end of BB, Gordon is worried about the ex Arkham inmates who were still out there.
But in TDK, there was no mention of the LOS or RAG ( correct me if Im wrong)

Back to TDKR, they could also bring up the fact that all mob is locked up or killed
Yes I was actually thinking about this. I mean, I really hope there will be some mention of the Joker, but if Ras Al Gul wasn't brought up in TDK then there's a chance the Joker won't be in this one. But, as others have said, because Harvey will be spoken about in TDKR then maybe the Joker will.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #17
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Ra's was different. Neither Gotham City or Gordon knew of his existence. Only Batman did. Everyone in Gotham is aware of the Joker. He made one hell of an impression on them. One that is still going to have repercussions in this.

- The Joker
Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #18
HisMagicTrick
Thank God I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Lantern View Post
I don't think they need to mention Joker.
Don't say that!!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 11-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #19
HisMagicTrick
Thank God I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Ra's was different. Neither Gotham City or Gordon knew of his existence. Only Batman did. Everyone in Gotham is aware of the Joker. He made one hell of an impression on them. One that is still going to have repercussions in this.
Good point.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #20
Armored Avenger
A Wizard is never late...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisMagicTrick View Post
Yes I was actually thinking about this. I mean, I really hope there will be some mention of the Joker, but if Ras Al Gul wasn't brought up in TDK then there's a chance the Joker won't be in this one. But, as others have said, because Harvey will be spoken about in TDKR then maybe the Joker will.
The main difference between the lack of mention of Ra's and a potential lack of mention of the Joker is that the public are unaware that Ra's and the League of Shadows were behind the fear toxin attack. The viral for The Dark Knight made it clear that the people of Gotham believe that Scarecrow and an unknown Terrorist group were responsible.
The Joker made himself a well known, self publicised force within the city and threatened the populace on television, walked the streets shooting at cars, blew up a hospital (after telling everyone in Gotham that he would) and forced an evacuation.

Armored Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #21
Armored Avenger
A Wizard is never late...

Quote:
Exactly my point, only bought up a few minutes before. The bat boards move too fast for me.

Armored Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #22
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Good points, guys

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #23
GunRanger
Side-Kick

Quote:
The entire city was under attack by The League (with biological weapons), and they had to evacuate. They also said they infiltrated every level of their city. No reference at all of the massive attack or destruction from Begins in TDK is glaring.

GunRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #24
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRanger View Post
The entire city was under attack by The League (with biological weapons), and they had to evacuate. They also said they infiltrated every level of their city. No reference at all of the massive attack or destruction from Begins in TDK is glaring.
The entire city was not attacked or evacuated. All the damage was contained on the Narrows Island.

Gordon: "The Narrows is lost"

That was the only damage done by the LOS. Their plot was foiled and Ra's was killed. Everything was wrapped up. The only loose end was Crane, who appeared in TDK. Oh and Falcone got a mention of being in Arkham and his empire was taken over by Maroni.

- The Joker
Old 11-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #25
jmc
callin' it like I see it

The reason no reference is made in TDK to the events of Begins is because the story is self contained and the events of the previous film are irrelevant, even though it's a sequel. Rises will more than likely be the same.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote