The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we start the One Universe game?
HELLZ YEA! 15 100.00%
No, go to hell! 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #251
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
Which is why I, for one, chose a character to be part of the team that isn't a mutant, but fits their concept, in order to pull them into a shared universe. The X-Universe (as well as the Bat-verse) is something I hate about comics, you're part of a shared world, exist in it.



I really think we're all taking this too seriously though. Let's just have fun with this.
As the great Bill O'Reilly said


"**** it! We'll do it live!"

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #252
Franklin Richards
Banned User
 
Franklin Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Baxter Building
Posts: 23,030
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Byrd goes nuclear too quick. Nerds picking apart nerd things happen. No one takes it personally. It's also better to get this sort of thing out at the beginning. That way people won't flake on you.



Franklin Richards is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #253
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,227
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
I really think we're all taking this too seriously though. Let's just have fun with this.


OOC will be up in a few hours.

__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #254
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,497
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Richards View Post
Byrd goes nuclear too quick. Nerds picking apart nerd things happen. No one takes it personally. It's also better to get this sort of thing out at the beginning. That way people won't flake on you.


**** you! **** you and the horse you rode in on!

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is online now  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #255
Franklin Richards
Banned User
 
Franklin Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Baxter Building
Posts: 23,030
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Your Red Ring is waiting.





Franklin Richards is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #256
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,995
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

For the X-Men, I'd say keep the team/teaching staff at Xavier and 5-6 others, and named students that are pre-existing characters at around a dozen or so, with the rest of the school as background nameless extras.

__________________
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING HAMSTER...
-----MORE POWERFUL THAN A BOX OF TISSUES...
----------ABLE TO LEAP OFF OF TALL BUILDINGS AND HIT THE GROUND...
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #257
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Richards View Post
Your Red Ring is waiting.




Would it surprise you that he played a character who in fact got a Star Sapphire ring?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #258
Supergirl
The Maid of Might
 
Supergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,855
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

As I said to Wieg, how bout instead of name dropping all of the X-Students we just 'power drop' them? Leave it vague enough that someone can pick that character up later without having to tie them to the X-Men at all if they wanted?

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl
...Are you gonna get it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bruce
I'll try.
Supergirl is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #259
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,227
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

-Updated Application-

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG


Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Brief history of the character:

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

Post a picture of your character:

__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #260
OneUniverseRPG
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 37
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

OOC thread is up. Go at it folks.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5#post21836855

OneUniverseRPG is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #261
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Dammit!

I told you not to use that OneUniverse account!


We need to just have one GM account for all the games. No more questions about "What's the password for OU? What's the password for G&M? What's the password for BnK?"

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #262
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,995
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

What's the password for wiegeabo?

__________________
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING HAMSTER...
-----MORE POWERFUL THAN A BOX OF TISSUES...
----------ABLE TO LEAP OFF OF TALL BUILDINGS AND HIT THE GROUND...
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #263
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,421
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

If I told you that, your brain would explode.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #264
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,995
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

It's "password" isn't it?

__________________
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING HAMSTER...
-----MORE POWERFUL THAN A BOX OF TISSUES...
----------ABLE TO LEAP OFF OF TALL BUILDINGS AND HIT THE GROUND...
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #265
Carnage27
No one's puppet
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,227
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Dammit!

I told you not to use that OneUniverse account!
I thought you said we should put all the games under one.

And like all the things we say we should do, I figured we'd just forget it and not do it.


__________________
I got no strings on me...
Carnage27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.