The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The First Avenger

Old 11-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #26
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Default Re: The Action Scenes

I personally loved the end fight with the Red Skull and the whole "fighting in zero-g" stuff.

I do agree with those who say they could have had more super soldiery type of moves from Cap like Blonsky had in TIH. But like Elevator Man said above, that's something that can be fixed in sequels and The Avengers.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #27
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
He did.
Oh he did. Oops. I've only seen it once (so far) way back in July. So I'm going off memory.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #28
kedrell

Yeah he blew up the super tank and jumped off.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #29
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

You never really get a sense of Cap's true strength in the movie only that he is able to throw men around like a sack of potatoes. Does he pull his punches & other hits to keep from killing everyone he fights with his strength? When comparing Cap to Spider-Man how would you rate their difference in strength?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #30
kedrell

Spider-man should be significantly stronger.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #31
S.A.A.D.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
they were OK... I was expecting MUCH better... i mean the Blonsky fight scene alone with the Hulk trumps any fight scene in Captain America

There's one thing Leterrier knows how to do and that's action... his action is incredibly slick and well done. They really should have showed some of that similar awesome leaping acrobatic stuntwork... it was sorely lacking here.
Are you talking about the part where Hulk kicked the **** out of Blonsky before he turned into the Abomination?

Last edited by S.A.A.D.; 11-10-2011 at 12:58 AM.
S.A.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #32
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
You never really get a sense of Cap's true strength in the movie only that he is able to throw men around like a sack of potatoes. Does he pull his punches & other hits to keep from killing everyone he fights with his strength? When comparing Cap to Spider-Man how would you rate their difference in strength?
Yeah, Spidey's strength is measured in tons. I think he's usually able to lift about 10 tons (maybe 20, now?) but I always gravitated to Cap, because of his ability to regularly hang with and defeat allies/foes who are stronger.

-Hercules, Captain America #444
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #33
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrogers View Post
Yeah, Spidey's strength is measured in tons. I think he's usually able to lift about 10 tons (maybe 20, now?) but I always gravitated to Cap, because of his ability to regularly hang with and defeat allies/foes who are stronger.
Very true but let's not forget that Spider-Man defeats stronger foes on a regular basis as well, like Rhino, Sandman, Venom, Lizard etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
You never really get a sense of Cap's true strength in the movie only that he is able to throw men around like a sack of potatoes.
I thought Cap's strength was portrayed more accurately than Iron Man, Thor and Hulk's (TIH), he punched out the window of a subarine and threw a guy like 15 feet while he was underwater.

He looked almost superhuman but not quite there which is exactly how Captain America should be portrayed.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 11-11-2011 at 10:34 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #34
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Very true but let's not forget that Spider-Man defeats stronger foes on a regular basis as well, like Rhino, Sandman, Venom, Lizard etc.

I thought Cap's strength was portrayed more accurately than Iron Man, Thor and Hulk's (TIH), he punched out the window of a subarine and threw a guy like 15 feet while he was underwater.

He looked almost superhuman but not quite there which is exactly how Captain America should be portrayed.
Agreed. I just thought it cool as a kid, that Rogers, being at even more of a strength disadvantage than Parker (closer to human), could take on some of those very same foes.

-Hercules, Captain America #444
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #35
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

I agree about Cap's strength level in the film, it was well portrayed. Iron Man is hard to pin down since he varies depending on what suit he's using and how much power he has available. I thought the strength level of the Mark 1 armor was pretty accurate(basically about 2x Cap's strength). Hulk also varies and Thor is someone in control of his abilities so unless he has the need to perform some grandiose strength feat he'll likely not do it.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #36
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I'd agree with some others who wanted more grit in the action scene's, I mean this was WWII the most brutal war in modern history, show us at least a bit of grit and people dying.

Also would have been nice to see Cap rescuing injured soldiers off the battle field or protecting medical units trying to get to injured troops, I think little stuff like this would have made a huge difference.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #37
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

What's this about not portraying Cap's strength? The official line from all the Marvel trivia is that the serum made him "peak human." Cap is clearly superhuman in this movie. He can run down a car, hold up a motorcycle with three girls sitting on it, and his punches and kicks send men flying.

In my opinion, the action scenes were great. There was plenty of action, great variation in the fights, and Cap got to beat down on a ton of guys in this movie. The only part where the action felt glossed over was the montage of Cap taking out all the HYDRA bases, and that was a montage.

ClarkLuther55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #38
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I agree about Cap's strength level in the film, it was well portrayed. Iron Man is hard to pin down since he varies depending on what suit he's using and how much power he has available. I thought the strength level of the Mark 1 armor was pretty accurate(basically about 2x Cap's strength). Hulk also varies and Thor is someone in control of his abilities so unless he has the need to perform some grandiose strength feat he'll likely not do it.
Pretty accurate to what? The comics? Because Iron Man is comfortably in the class 100 range.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #39
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I think he was talking about the Mach 1 armour which Iron Man used to escape the cave, it was pretty low-tech compared to the other armours so I doubt it was anywere near as powerful.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #40
The Morningstar
Banned User

Ahhhhhh I see. My apologies.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote