Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > The Hype Archives

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 03:48 AM   #51
TDK Joker
Float On

Default Re: 15 Minutes with TDK Joker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
Which batsuit is worse? The Schumacher "Nipple" Batsuit from Batman Forever and Batman & Robin? Or the Nolan "Puzzle" Batsuit from TDK and TDKR?
Oh, without a doubt the Schumacher suits. I didn't realise some people didn't like the TDK suit. When I see that suit from pictures or, you know kind of more prominently, on film, that is definitely the type of suit I'd imagine Batman wearing. You can tell by looking at it that there is so much flexibility in it because of the "jigsaw" element to it, as opposed to the Burton or Schumacher suits (or even the Begins suit) which are kind of just a solid rubber suit.
I do think the Forever suit is pretty good though, it works in it's movie's universe. The B&R suit, again, worked in it's universe but take it into any other Batman film and it wouldn't fit (even without the nipples)

Thanks Marx!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #52
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

The same could be said of the TDK suit. The only reason it "works" is because of the film it's in. (Though, I think the TDK batsuit is so horrible looking that I'd almost welcome the nipple suits back.)

Last edited by Marx; 11-22-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #53
bullets
bang bang

What would you do if you had one day left to live?

Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #54
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Which character portrayal will you miss the most from the Nolan Batman series?

Old 11-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #55
TDK Joker
Float On

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
What would you do if you had one day left to live?
Hmm...this is actually quite difficult to answer. I would probably try and spend it with my favourite people (family and friends) watching my favourite films (The Dark Knight, Memento, Back to the Future, The Prestige, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Road to Perdition), read some of my favourite graphic novels, eat my favourite meal and then when it's close to the end, listen to my favourite songs from my favourite bands/artists (Modest Mouse, Tegan and Sara, Radiohead, Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly) and hopefully bow out calmly whilst listening to "Little Motel" by Modest Mouse, as it's probably my favourite song and it always calms me and gets me in such a relaxed, chilled out place. The guitar solo to me is just magical.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So probably quite a common, unimaginative answer, but at the moment and if I had the choice of how my last day would be, this would be it.

Thanks bullets!

Old 11-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #56
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

How do you think Batman should really be portrayed? A regular man in a batsuit? Or more of a creature of the night?

Old 11-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #57
TDK Joker
Float On

Quote:
Which character portrayal will you miss the most from the Nolan Batman series?
One of them that I'll miss the most is Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon. I think, not in all circles, he is sometimes overlooked. In TDK, especially at the end just before Batman glides into Engel and he says "We have to save Dent. I have to save Dent!" it was just phenomenal and I was quite disappointed that he didn't get any nominations, and with his final speech? That really took my breath away the first time I saw it, and continues to do so now in fact.

I will also really miss Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman. I love that he really does play Wayne as 3 different characters. The public image Wayne, which is a facade. The private Wayne that only Alfred and Rachel, and possibly Lucius as well. And then Batman, which some may see as Wayne's true persona.
I may fall in a small percentage here, but I like Christian Bale's Batman voice. If you were as well known as Bruce Wayne, you'd have to disguise you voice incredibly well, which he does. Plus, Batman needs to intimidate people. A vicious growling voice coming from a man dressed as a bat would definitely intimidate me.

I also love Michael Caine as Alfred. Again, his speech from TDK about the bandit in Burma is pure brilliance and to me, seemed quite chilling. A brilliant speech from a brilliant, brilliant actor.
He also gives him such a likeable factor (not that Michael Gough didn't) and he makes you care for him.

So those are the main portrayals that I will miss, maybe in order of who I'll miss the most, but I'm not sure.

Thank you Marx!

Old 11-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #58
TDK Joker
Float On

Quote:
How do you think Batman should really be portrayed? A regular man in a batsuit? Or more of a creature of the night?
If you'll let me, I think the perfect Batman should be a combination of the two. Letting the audience know that it is just a man in a batsuit, makes what he does more intimidating. He doesn't have any powers, he just has an incredible drive and focus to achieve what he does.
So that's from the audiences perspective and then from the villains perspective from inside the film, making him seem supernatural frightens them and gives him a notoriety.
Both of which Batman Begins did incredibly well.
But if you separate the two too far or just focus on him being a man in a batsuit (like '66 Batman, which I do enjoy) makes him, I think, a bit too far fetched. So a perfect combination of the two (ala Begins) makes a perfect Batman. But again, that's just me.

Thank you Marx!

Old 11-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #59
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Do you feel that TDK humanized Batman too much with the robotic puzzle batsuit? He was definitely more of a monster in Begins...

Old 11-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #60
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK Joker View Post
...and hopefully bow out calmly whilst listening to "Little Motel" by Modest Mouse, as it's probably my favourite song and it always calms me and gets me in such a relaxed, chilled out place. The guitar solo to me is just magical.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Thanks bullets!

You seem to have good taste in music

Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #61
TDK Joker
Float On

Quote:
Do you feel that TDK humanized Batman too much with the robotic puzzle batsuit? He was definitely more of a monster in Begins...
He was definitely more monstrous in Begins, without question. But what the TDK suit looks in it's monster appearance it makes up for in it's maneuverability meaning that he could get through bad guys quicker and more efficiently, which I think was proven pretty brilliantly in the club scene in TDK.
I don't think it humanized Batman that much, it probably did in retrospect but not too much. I'm still saying it's my favourite Batsuit with Begins' suit a very close second.

Thanks Marx

Old 11-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #62
TDK Joker
Float On

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
You seem to have good taste in music
Thank you very, very much! You don't know how much that means to me. I'm glad you enjoyed "Little Motel", it's my favourite video as well. The music and the video both inspire me quite a bit.

Thank you bullets!

Old 11-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #63
TDK Joker
Float On

I hope this doesn't seem pretentious of me, but seeing as this is the best place for me to post these, I was wondering if I could post the short film and a few other small things I have made on here. I did film making at college and that is also what I am doing at university. I also would really love to share these with all of you! This could also be a good opportunity to see the South Coast (Brighton and Lewes) of the UK, which people may not have seen before.
I hope you enjoy them!

This is the last film I made at college called "Goodnight Brighton" and it was quite semi-autobiographical as the main character (played by my friend Josh) is leaving Brighton to move on in life, like I did with moving up to London.
It was shown at The Duke of Yorks Picturehouse in Brighton, which is the oldest cinema in the UK I believe. I won best film for it from the college!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This is a multi camera music video of my friend Oz's folk band. He plays the double bass. There were 5 cameras, I think, and this is the edit. Working on music over and over again can get tiresome, but luckily I really enjoyed this, so it wasn't too bad.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Here's a very quick in camera special effect that we tried. We got the inspiration from Michel Gondry's music video for The White Stripes "Hardest Button to Button". I shot and edited this, it was just for a bit of fun really and I think it works pretty well.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This was a stop motion ident I made for our college film department, which was called Blue Room Films. Unfortunately I didn't quite get this finished, all that is missing is the title card at the end. After the sculpture is completed it is meant to resemble a Canon XM2 video camera, which were some of the cameras we used in college.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This last film is another ident, again for Blue Room. This wasn't my piece, it was my friend Tom's (who stars in my one) but he asked my friend Harley and I to help him with it and I inadvertently ended up directing it, but I was more than happy to as I loved the idea and Tom and Harley are two of my best friends. We shot this around Lewes (where the college is) and Brighton (to differ the visuals up and to get two beautiful locations). All the letters spelling the word "Blue" were filmed in Lewes and all the letters spelling the word "Room" were filmed in Brighton. The final "Blue Room" was filmed in Lewes.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That's all of them. None from university yet, but I'll post them somewhere once the ones we're working on at the moment are done.
I hope you enjoyed what I have posted and thank you for letting me post them!

Thanks everyone!

Old 11-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #64
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Closed. Thanks to all who participated!