The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #26
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Heath Ledger's Joker is my favorite Joker performance, even more than Mark Hamill's Joker.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #27
trodder
Banned User

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post

wow, what comic is this from?

trodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #28
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodder View Post
I don't know either. There is no comic book adaption of TDK.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #29
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodder View Post
I believe GothamAlleys's blog says that it comes The Brave and The Bold #31.

The more you know.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #30
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

I'll have to pick that up.

- The Joker
Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #31
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

In The Dark Knight, does Joker wear a green wig, or does he dye it green?

The more you know.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #32
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

He clearly dyes it green.

- The Joker
Old 10-07-2011, 07:05 AM   #33
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

I just noticed how they used a different ''Good evening ladies and gentleman'' edit for one of the tv spots...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #34
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

one of my favourite scene from TDK

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Best ACTING from Ledger & Bale

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:55 AM   #35
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post
I just noticed how they used a different ''Good evening ladies and gentleman'' edit for one of the tv spots...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
It's definitely a different take. I like this one and how come this wasn't in SE?.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Last edited by Two-Face; 10-08-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #36
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
In The Dark Knight, does Joker wear a green wig, or does he dye it green?
I think he uses that halloween spray that dyes your hair but washes off. After all he didnt have green hair when dressed as a cop

Old 10-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #37
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
I think he uses that halloween spray that dyes your hair but washes off. After all he didnt have green hair when dressed as a cop
He could have used a temporary dye for the Cop scene. But you're more than likely right about the green hair spray. If he applies make up then odds are he uses a dye for his green hair look, too.

- The Joker
Old 10-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #38
Travesty
Dats right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
There was a bunch of differencs in the tv spots from what was actually in the movie, and the weird thing, is that I liked the delivery in the tv spots more.

-"it's simple. Kill the Bat-Man". Compared to the movie, where he says, "it's simple, we uhh, kill the Batman".

-"owww, I love this job". Compared to "I like this job....I like it".

And I think there may have been another, but I can't think of it off the top of my head, and yes, I like the way he delivered it in the tv spot that you showed, too.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #39
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post

I remember the I love this job one. He said it while shaking his head or something if I remember.

- The Joker
Old 10-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #40
Travesty
Dats right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I remember the I love this job one. He said it while shaking his head or something if I remember.
Yeah, and the way he delivered it sounded a bit more comical and raspy.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #41
LadyV
New User - Level 0

Watched The Vanishing tonight...couldn't help but see a resemblance between Heath Ledgers' Joker and Jeff Bridges' Barney Cousins character.

LadyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #42
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
He could have used a temporary dye for the Cop scene. But you're more than likely right about the green hair spray. If he applies make up then odds are he uses a dye for his green hair look, too.
Im pretty sure its that halloween spray Im referring to, since the green isnt as strong and is mixed with his real color. Thats exactly what those washable hairsprays do and look like

Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 AM   #43
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
There was a bunch of differencs in the tv spots from what was actually in the movie, and the weird thing, is that I liked the delivery in the tv spots more.

-"it's simple. Kill the Bat-Man". Compared to the movie, where he says, "it's simple, we uhh, kill the Batman".

And I think there may have been another, but I can't think of it off the top of my head, and yes, I like the way he delivered it in the tv spot that you showed, too.
I think this was a deliberate move by Nolan to show us as much of Heath's performance as possible.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #44
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

OT: I didn't know where to post this:

Heath Ledger exhibition planned for Perth

An exhibition about the life of Heath Ledger, with displays including the diary he kept while developing his Oscar-winning character The Joker in the movie The Dark Knight, is being planned by the WA Museum.
The actor's father, Kim Ledger, is working with the museum to develop the exhibition, which will tell the story of the late star's life, including stories from his childhood and later in life as a movie star.
The Oscar he won after he died, The Joker's costume and a painting of Ledger by Melbourne artist Vincent Fantauzzo will feature in the exhbition.

Mr Ledger said his family were "extremely pleased" to have an exhibition "preserving and providing historical personal information, objects of interest and movie paraphernalia for a display which will attract both local interest and visitors to WA, from interstate and overseas".
It is hoped the exhibition will open in 2012.
"As well as the stories from his youth and early career, the exhibition will document his aspirations as a director, his talented work creating music videos and his formidable abilities as a chess player and photographer," Arts Minister John Day said.
"It will also provide an insight into the scope of Heath's interests and achievements outside his film career."
Each of Ledger's major movies, including The Dark Knight, Brokeback Mountain and Two Hands, will feature in the exhibition.
Next month a tribute night for the actor who died after taking prescription medicines in January, 2008, is planned at Movies By Burswood. His family and famous friend Gemma Ward are expected to attend on February 12.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...124-1a2fa.html

Monicabbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #45
Fudgie
Banned User

I would love to go to that.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #46
Hombre-Araña
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyV View Post
Watched The Vanishing tonight...couldn't help but see a resemblance between Heath Ledgers' Joker and Jeff Bridges' Barney Cousins character.
EXACTLY!! I've always thought this. I mean ****, you wanna know how I got these scars? Keifer Sutherland put a shovel in my mouth!!

Hombre-Araña is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #47
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

The one character that really reminds me of Ledger's Joker the way he acts and talks is Brad Douriff's character in Exorcist III

Old 11-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #48
thedarkpoet

RIP Heath. He was in his prime.

thedarkpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #49
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

Quote:

Never bothered me and 90% of the other people who enjoyed TDK to be honest. It's sad that some people turn every detail into something to just nitpick for the sake of nitpicking.

The one thing that bothered me, still bothers me, is that he never got to see the finished movie and that he died so unexpectedly.

Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #50
TheDragonator
Banned User

IMO Mark Hamill was better, but was pretty cool too. He worked damn well for the way the character was written.

TheDragonator is offline   Reply With Quote