The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 12-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #26
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Default Re: SMALLVILLE RETURNS! ...in novel form

Yesterday I watched the Finale for the first time since it aired in May and I would love this new novel/comic series to pick up right after Clark unveiled himself to the world as Superman. There were so many questions left unanswered regarding everyone else. I would love to know what happened with Martha and her Senate position. Did she come back home or continue her career in politics? Did they sell the Kent farm or did Clark opt out at the last minute? Martha didn't want to sell the farm so I wonder if she decided to come back home and live there permanently? I want to see the continuation of Oliver and Chloe in Star City...the gang finding out about Tess' death...finding out that Lex's memories were erased...and lastly I want to see Perry and Jimmy starting their jobs at the DP.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #27
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

^The more I think about it, the more I think it would have to pick up from that point on, otherwise it's just a generic Superman novel.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #28
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

We still don't have full details about the novel/how long it will be will there be more then one. So who's to say we may not get some of the novel talking about the moments after he stopped darkseid.

Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #29
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
Yesterday I watched the Finale for the first time since it aired in May and I would love this new novel/comic series to pick up right after Clark unveiled himself to the world as Superman. There were so many questions left unanswered regarding everyone else. I would love to know what happened with Martha and her Senate position. Did she come back home or continue her career in politics? Did they sell the Kent farm or did Clark opt out at the last minute? Martha didn't want to sell the farm so I wonder if she decided to come back home and live there permanently? I want to see the continuation of Oliver and Chloe in Star City...the gang finding out about Tess' death...finding out that Lex's memories were erased...and lastly I want to see Perry and Jimmy starting their jobs at the DP.
I want to see Clark find out that Kara went to the future, too.

Martha and Conner on the farm would be nice.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #30
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I'd hope that Clark took Jonathans words to him in the finale ("Always hold on to Smallville") literally as well as metaphorically, and didn't sell the farm.

And I'd liked to have seen Martha come back at some stage, although I guess all this would achieve is bringing Smallville more into line with established Superman mythos. There's no real reason she couldn't just continue being a senator. In fact, that may have worked well if they chose to developed the budding romance which may have loomed between her and Perry White - it's more believable if Martha is working in Government and perhaps based in or near Metropolis, as opposed to being retired on a farm while he's a fulltime Newspaper Editor.

But yeah, I agree that I'd love to see just how the world reacted to Superman's first appearance in his 'official' costume (and not as the Blur).

Also.....

- What happened to Oliver Queen? It was hinted that him and Chloe had a kid, but did he go on being Green Arrow, did he keep running Queen Industries, did they marry, etc....

- What happened between Clark & Lois that they decided to wait another 7 years before getting married?

- How did Perry become Editor at the DP?

- How did Lex progress to President, and what are Clark's thoughts on this knowing what he knows of Lex?

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #31
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well her term could have ended and she decided now to run again. Comes back to sv and raise conner. As for other events I still say we are bound to see how things went down probably as flashbacks in the novel or the novel starts at those points and then we move forward. For example if it turns out to be a couple books. I don't see why bryan wouldn't want to flesh out those things.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #32
Johnny
Side-Kick

I'm kinda bummed it's gonna be a novel and not a graphic novel, but hey everything is cool if it's a continuation of the story.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #33
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well maybe it could be a graphic novel. It is being done by a former sv writer who also writes for dc. We haven't heard finalized plans on it yet.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #34
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I'd love to see the explanation for the Superman comic book that Chloe was reading to her son. My theory is that Clark somehow crossed over into our world and found a comic of his own life, then decided to take it back with him. The only issue I'd have with that is letting the kid in on the secret. I mean, how could they possibly know he wouldn't blab that around to all his little school friends?

I also want SV's John Henry Irons. Still pissed we never got him in the series.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #35
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well my guess is since chloe used to be a writer maybe she created the book for her kid for storytime and all that. And if clark and othher heroes been around him most his life. He probably knows who they are already. Since is another thing could be explained.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #36
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I can't wait to read the novel. Hopefully, it'll be better than the finale, and season ten as a whole.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #37
Indy1Jones
The Batfleck

Me too

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #38
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Season ten was one of the best of the series, so.....

Old 12-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #39
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ya I still thought overall it was a good finale season. Yes there is more I would have liked and would have changed a few other elements. But it still was a solid season.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #40
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I thought it was one of the best seasons since the early years, quite frankly.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #41
Frontier
Arkham Asylum Inmate

I hope it's a novel. You get 10x the story in a novel as a comic. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em - comics - but... a novel gives you much more to sink your teeth into.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #42
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I think it would be such a wasted opportunity not to do this in a visual medium. SV was always a show that had great visuals, and being in comic form would mean getting to do the things they could never do in the series because of budget restraints. More flying, Clark in the suit.... Clark could go the the ****ing 31st century, if he wanted to!

Ideally, I would like to see a GN to kick things off as a sort of pilot, then a monthly ongoing from then on. Considering Buffy's success at Dark Horse, I don't know why DC wouldn't want to do it, honestly.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #43
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well it could end upp being a graphic novel for all we know. Still get good amount of pages plus visuals.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #44
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Just rewatched the series finale. IMO, if this really is going to happen, this should begin with Clark assisting Air Force One with its landing after getting rid of Apokolips, and introducing himself to the President and the press as Superman. They should also show how Metropolis deals with Lex Luthor's sudden return.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #45
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well maybe it will sawyer like i said before even if it just set post the 7 yrs whos to say bryan may also throw in some flashbacks to other events in the book too.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 12-20-2011, 01:22 PM   #46
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Just rewatched the series finale. IMO, if this really is going to happen, this should begin with Clark assisting Air Force One with its landing after getting rid of Apokolips, and introducing himself to the President and the press as Superman. They should also show how Metropolis deals with Lex Luthor's sudden return.
I would hope that he's not just going to call himself "Superman." Lois is the one who usually gives him the name in most incarnations.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #47
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well that newspaper article with the complete series mention lois did name him superman.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #48
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well that newspaper article with the complete series mention lois did name him superman.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #49
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #50
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

I dont think that DVD bonuses count as canon, but that would be the way to go...