The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

View Poll Results: What is the best Batman animated movie ?
Batman: Year One 2 5.13%
Batman: Under The Red Hood 4 10.26%
Batman: Gotham Knight 2 5.13%
Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm 26 66.67%
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker 4 10.26%
Batman: Sub Zero 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #26
WingedFreak
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 28
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

Gotham Knight, by far ... all short stories, none of the "major" upper echelon villains (brief cameo by Scarecrow), and it's totally carried on by the allure and mystique of the Batman character. It also wasn't a watered down, kiddified version of the mythos akin to B:TAS, either. Very well done, apart from the voice acting of Batman. He sounded too much like a regular dude. No real artistic take on the voice. But everything else was aces. Really enjoyed the "Dead Shot" character ... wish he would be incorporated into a movie sometime.

WingedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,516
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFreak View Post
Gotham Knight, by far ... all short stories, none of the "major" upper echelon villains (brief cameo by Scarecrow), and it's totally carried on by the allure and mystique of the Batman character. It also wasn't a watered down, kiddified version of the mythos akin to B:TAS, either. Very well done, apart from the voice acting of Batman. He sounded too much like a regular dude. No real artistic take on the voice. But everything else was aces. Really enjoyed the "Dead Shot" character ... wish he would be incorporated into a movie sometime.

I liked that too.

__________________

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #28
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 39,342
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

1. Under the Red Hood: It's sad that it's not Conroy voicing Batman, but the movie is the best animated Batman feature. Has some goof ups, hence 9.5/10
2. Mask of the Phantasm: Best origin until Batman Begins came around. This one has some slip ups as well, but I don't find the movie as fun as UTRH. 9.5/10
3. Batman Beyond Return of the Joker: The Joker/Drake connection is lame, but it led to fun sequences. 9.5/10
4. Superman/Batman Public Enemies: Spectacular, that's all I say. 9.5/10
5. Gotham Knight has two good sequences, the rest are OK. I'll give it a 7.5/10
6. Mystery of the Batwoman is OK. 7/10
7. Year One: Not so good, story it's based on isn't so good 7/10

haven't watched the other two

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #29
OutRiddled
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 507
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

I watched Batman: Sub Zero and it was a fairly good Mr. Freeze story, that very much ties into the Animated Series. In fact it's like an extended episode.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #30
TheGuy
Side-Kick
 
TheGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

Now would be a good time to bump this thread.

1. TDKR pt. 1
2. MOTP
3. TDKR pt. 2
4. Year One
5. Under the Red Hood
6. Return of the Joker
7. Batman vs. Dracula
8. SubZero
9. Mystery of the Batwoman
10. Gotham Knight

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #31
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

1. Under the Red Hood
2. The Dark Knight Returns Part 1
3. The Dark Knight Returns Part 2
4. Return of the Joker
5. Year One
6. Mask of the Phantasm
7. The Batman vs. Dracula
8. Mystery of the Batwoman
9. Sub-Zero
10. Gotham Knight

__________________
It's like a non-consecutive 24-hour dance party.
CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #32
RustyCage
Come what may..
 
RustyCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 4,017
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

This might change after I rewatch them, since it's been a long time for some of them, but:

1. Mask of the Phantasm
2. Under the Red Hood
3. Chase Me
4. Return of the Joker
5. Year One
6. The Dark Knight Returns
7. Gotham Knight (mostly just for the 'working through pain' bit, and some of the awesome animation)
8. SubZero (interchangeable with GK for it's story and villain, but a bit boring by comparison)

None of these are bad. This is mostly influenced by concept preference.

I didn't see all of Batwoman or Dracula, but they seemed alright. Not the way I like things, but not bad either.

__________________
Why do we fall?
RustyCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #33
TheGuy
Side-Kick
 
TheGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 685
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
This might change after I rewatch them, since it's been a long time for some of them, but:

1. Mask of the Phantasm
2. Under the Red Hood
3. Chase Me
4. Return of the Joker
5. Year One
6. The Dark Knight Returns
7. Gotham Knight (mostly just for the 'working through pain' bit, and some of the awesome animation)
8. SubZero (interchangeable with GK for it's story and villain, but a bit boring by comparison)

None of these are bad. This is mostly influenced by concept preference.

I didn't see all of Batwoman or Dracula, but they seemed alright. Not the way I like things, but not bad either.
I think the art design all the way was atrocious. The only good part of it, as you mentioned, is 'Working Through Pain' but even it is poorly executed. I would have preferred a linear story instead of the 6 shorts.

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #34
RustyCage
Come what may..
 
RustyCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 4,017
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
I think the art design all the way was atrocious. The only good part of it, as you mentioned, is 'Working Through Pain' but even it is poorly executed. I would have preferred a linear story instead of the 6 shorts.
Some of the art sucked, some of it was really cool. The choreography was often well done.

I would've preferred a linear story too, following the tone of Pain.

__________________
Why do we fall?
RustyCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #35
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,172
Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

Mask of the Phantasm.

Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.