The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 12-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Mark Strong wants "Green Lantern 2"

Quote:
But I think what theyíve done, they feel they have a property that is interesting enough if they get it right. And now the advertising, the groundwork has been laid with the first one and I think they genuinely feel, because the second one I think exists in written form, they feel they have something that could work. Having said all that Iíve heard absolutely nothing and I have no idea whether they will go again, but I know there are two schools of thought. One, that it didnít work, it didnít make the money so we donít make another one, and the other school of thought is: ďImagine we made a really, really good second movie. It could fly.Ē

Would you want to follow the path teased at the end with the yellow ring and getting corrupted?

Sure, yeah, because I got into the mythology of Green Lantern. I read all the comic books, or as many as I could, and I slightly got hooked. I got into that character. And if the second movie is exploring his fall, then Iíd be very interested, yeah.
http://www.craveonline.com/film/arti...reen-lantern-2

Old 12-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Re: Mark Strong wants "Green Lantern 2"

Wow. At least one who wants that. He probably hasn't seen the movie.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I think they should just focus on Sinestro and the Space epic part in GL 2.

To show this make it clear in the movie title itself Green Lantern : Fall of Sinestro.

(Also introduce John Stewart as new GL, that along with Sinestro Corps will make it very different from the First GL movie.)

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I think they should just focus on Sinestro and the Space epic part in GL 2.

To show this make it clear in the movie title itself Green Lantern : Fall of Sinestro.
I agree with you.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
bullets
bang bang

I thought Strong did a good job with what they gave him. If it does happen they need to have that end credit scene take place further in the time line .

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #6
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Strong was great as Sinestro in the short time we got to see him, and we know from experience he can play an awesome bad guy so I would love to see them do it.

I still think making a sequel with a lower budget could work, and it seems some at WB think that as well, we'll see.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:45 AM   #7
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The franchise started off with a toxic introduction. It'll be some time until GL will see the silver screen again unfortunately.

Money talks and in this case it didn't do a lot of talking.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #8
The Morningstar
Banned User

Strong could have been awesome Sinestro. But the movie let him down.

I still think it should have focused more on Hal's training and bonding with Sinestro. It grows from a hostile relationship where Sinestro thinks Hal is a disgrace to the Corps and Abin Sur. Then it develops into a grudging respect, then ends with a proper friendship.

Not only would have character growth for Hal, but for Sinestro too. And when he falls from grace it makes it a more emotionally powerful moment.

Instead we got a sequel bait, fan wanking scene at the end that made zero sense and ruined any chance for Sinestro's character development.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:18 AM   #9
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I still think that scene of Sinestro trying on the ring makes sense in the movie, he has seen that fear is stronger than will power. Hal doesnt defeat Parallax with his will power, it helps him, but its his smarts that help him kill Parallax in the end, and Sinestro saw this, so he would still think Fear is a stronger power.

In regards to the sequel, I still think they could make one with a lower budget, G.I Joe didnt make a profit domestically either, nor did Chronicles Of Riddick, yet both are getting sequels with lower budgets.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 12-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #10
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

^ They had to show what happened to Sinestro's plans after he got the approval from the Guardians to use yellow power of fear, Sinestro convinces the Guardians to make a yellow ring and for use against entities like Parallax and he believes that he could control that power (something that Krona failed to do.)

So, the ending showing that Sinestro had indeed mastered the yellow ring was not out of place (IMO.)

After all, why get guardians to manufacture the ring and then not test it ?

*\S/T*
Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 AM   #11
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
^ They had to show what happened to Sinestro's plans after he got the approval from the Guardians to use yellow power of fear, Sinestro convinces the Guardians to make a yellow ring and for use against entities like Parallax and he believes that he could control that power (something that Krona failed to do.)

So, the ending showing that Sinestro had indeed mastered the yellow ring was not out of place (IMO.)

After all, why get guardians to manufacture the ring and then not test it ?
I dont think he had mastered it by the end as it seemed to take him over completely, but throughout the movie he had seen the power Parallax had wielded, and he knew Hal defeated Parallax with his wits rather than his powers as he saw it happen. So Sinestro still thought that fear was the stronger power.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
superhero
Side-Kick

if you didn't likethemovie i higly rreocmed anmited moive green laner first flight it s lot betterthen the green lanter movie they alsomade a squeal called Emerald Knights

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #13
DavidTyler
Side-Kick

Let's all keep in mind that the two Hulk movies were not big successes but the studios kept trying and now, in the wake of The Avengers, it looks like they finally got that right and are moving on a new Hulk film. The same with Start Trek: The Motion Picture. It was not boffo big numbers when it first came out but Paramount kept at it.

If Warner Brothers put GL on hold, it would be a foolish move. They need to catch up with marvel and think in the broader terms of developing their franchises.

They've established the character, now it's time to move forward and try to gain some traction. The GL franchise doesn't need a reboot, just a stronger second outing.

Last edited by DavidTyler; 05-10-2012 at 06:43 AM.
DavidTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #14
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Do what Marvel has done with Hulk, include Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds or a new actor as Hal Jordan or John Stewart) in the Justice League movie, if JL movie is successful, the character will become more well known (maybe even popular) then, Green Lantern 2 can be made.

*\S/T*
Old 06-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #15
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Strong could have been awesome Sinestro. But the movie let him down.

I still think it should have focused more on Hal's training and bonding with Sinestro. It grows from a hostile relationship where Sinestro thinks Hal is a disgrace to the Corps and Abin Sur. Then it develops into a grudging respect, then ends with a proper friendship.

Not only would have character growth for Hal, but for Sinestro too. And when he falls from grace it makes it a more emotionally powerful moment.

Instead we got a sequel bait, fan wanking scene at the end that made zero sense and ruined any chance for Sinestro's character development.
It depends on how they follow up with it honestly. Most people just imagine that happens immediately after the victory. Remember the ending of the 2nd Bourne film. When he's on the phone with Pam Landy and says something about her being tired? She looks out the window and knows he's near by, and boom the movie ends. Now how many of us completely assumed that's how the third movie would begin? Raise your hands b/c I know I'm not the only one. But what happened in the third film? The aforementioned scene didn't play out until near the end of the film! What a surprise! Just using this as an example but a smart filmmaker could still use the post credit Sinestro scene in a larger context during the next film instead of before the next film.

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #16
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I still think it works as a post credit scene though, we know Sinestro was in awe of the power that Parallax could wield, and he saw that Hal had to use mainly his smarts to beat Parallax as his power alone wasnt enough.

Sinestro being egotistical as he is probably thought wits are not enough to take on the universe's heavier threats. He was probably wain enough to think he could succeed were a Guardian couldnt and master the power of fear.