The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

Old 12-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #51
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonator View Post
IMO Mark Hamill was better, but was pretty cool too. He worked damn well for the way the character was written.
A little too well

Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #52
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
There was a bunch of differencs in the tv spots from what was actually in the movie, and the weird thing, is that I liked the delivery in the tv spots more.

-"it's simple. Kill the Bat-Man". Compared to the movie, where he says, "it's simple, we uhh, kill the Batman".

-"owww, I love this job". Compared to "I like this job....I like it".

And I think there may have been another, but I can't think of it off the top of my head, and yes, I like the way he delivered it in the tv spot that you showed, too.
Are you thinking of the "good evening ladies and gentlemen" line? There were three versions of it. One of them was higher pitched than the other two, but they chose not to use it in the film. I wish they did. Also, there is a clip of Joker telling Chechen, "This city is mine" and Ledger/Pfister really did a good job on that particular shot. I'll try to look it up. Wish they had included it in the movie.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #53
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Are you thinking of the "good evening ladies and gentlemen" line? There were three versions of it. One of them was higher pitched than the other two, but they chose not to use it in the film. I wish they did. Also, there is a clip of Joker telling Chechen, "This city is mine" and Ledger/Pfister really did a good job on that particular shot. I'll try to look it up. Wish they had included it in the movie.
I don't know, there were so many trailers, and they all had different takes. I would have to watch all of them again to pick the ones I'm talking about. Maybe I'll do it if I have some free time later this weekend?

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #54
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Found the Joker/Chechen thing I was talking about. He says, "This TOWN is mine now." Heath looks amazing. Really good camerawork by Pfister too. I wish they had used it in the film. It is at the 2:18 mark of the Dominos trailer:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Epic.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #55
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

That is epic. I love the wide eye thing he does with his eyes, and the hand gesture of course.

Darn shame they didn't use that one.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #56
Travesty
TEOL

Epic

Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #57
TheDragonator
Banned User

Eh, it's okay I guess. I like the version they used better.

TheDragonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:23 AM   #58
babbage
Siiiiide-Kick?

Damn, that trailer is great. Never saw it before. Makes me want to re-live watching TDK for the first time.

babbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #59
OutRiddled
Banned User

Heath Ledger was good in the role... but Jack Nicholson is still my favourite Joker.

Mark Hamill has played the Joker so much, I'm kind of getting sick of it. After the Arkham games, I think he should stay retired. Not saying he's bad, though.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #60
Fudgie
Banned User

Jack is my least favorite. I heard something about Mark Hamill officially retiring from Joker now.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #61
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Hey guys... I've been searching for this for a while now. Does anyone have that image of Heath in Joker makeup, outside a trailer and out of character, taking a photo with the PA guys?

Nevincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #62
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunt View Post
Hey guys... I've been searching for this for a while now. Does anyone have that image of Heath in Joker makeup, outside a trailer and out of character, taking a photo with the PA guys?
You mean this one?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #63
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunt View Post
Cool avatar

Old 12-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #64
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
You mean this one?

Thank you, Joker. That's the one! Amazing picture. How I lost it is beyond me.

Nevincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #65
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

watching " naked " a while back made me think. you guys think david thewlis' performance as johnny may have inspired heath's joker performance just a tad bit ? they seem atleast similar to me. i know the main influences were alex delarge, johnny rotten/sid vicious, iggy pop etc. but i think maybe heath was watching this a bit as well.

i like to think before the joker in this movie became.... well ... the joker.... he was alot like johnny in ways.

Last edited by hellblazer103; 12-14-2011 at 02:45 PM.
hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #66
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Hero Worship: The Appeal of the Joker

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #67
StarLord

Just found this. I haven't seen it before and thought it was pretty cool:

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #68
Art Damage
Turtle Power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ABhHOQrn4

Wow, after four years I can't believe I never noticed this during the scene between the mob and the Joker. It's amazing what HD can do...

24 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Art Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #69
HisMagicTrick
Thank God I'm Pretty

^^ Lol that was pretty funny.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #70
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Damage View Post

Wow, after four years I can't believe I never noticed this during the scene between the mob and the Joker. It's amazing what HD can do...
As long as you realise it was put in there by some dude with too much time it's all good.

Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #71
Travesty
TEOL

Haha, that is so random.

Goddamn I love the internet.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #72
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Damage View Post

Haha!

Wished that was in the movie.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #73
Fabian
Banned User

Somebody who didnt really like Ledgers version.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #74
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
Somebody who didnt really like Ledgers version.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Doesnt show

Old 01-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #75
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

#Heath

antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote