The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Default Green Arrow Series Coming to the CW? (Hartley not attached)

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/cw-nears-pilot-order-to-green-arrow-drama-from-greg-berlanti-and-marc-guggenheim/

Quote:
TThe CW is finalizing a deal for a pilot order to Arrow, an hourlong superhero drama based on DC Comics’ Green Arrow. It is written and executive produced by The Green Lantern co-writers Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim and Fringe and Vampire Diaries alum Andrew Kreisberg. I hear that David Nutter will likely direct the project, which takes the comic book character, created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp, and sets him in a new world with an original story that is not based on the comics, published by DC Entertainment.....
Everything about the sentence that I bolded frightens me.

Quote:
This marks the character’s return to the CW where it was a fixture on the Superman-inspired Smallville for several years. Portrayed by Justin Hartley, who is not attached to Arrow, Oliver Queen/Green Arrow was introduced in a 7-episode arc on the show in 2006, with Hartley joining the series as a regular in 2008. Also serving as a bridge between the two shows would be Nutter, who directed the pilot for Smallville.
Seems odd that there would be a show on the very same network as Smallville that could debut just over a year after it went off the air and that they would not use Hartley?

Last edited by The Incredible Hulk; 01-13-2012 at 09:34 AM.
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote