The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #51
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Default Re: Anyone saw Batman Returns in theaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie64 View Post
Exactly. I loved it as well. But she was NOT comic Catwoman.
What comics did you read back then? What comics are you talking about?

About the only thing that I saw that was added was the whole 'supernatural' angle with the cats, and until the ending where you see her taking all those bullets, you can easy ignore that in the character.

Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #52
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Eh, I guess it's an opinion thing. But when I watch Batman Returns, I see an awesome character that eats birds, not the Catwoman that I'm used to.

I like: The Star Wars prequels, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, X-men 3, the Pirates sequels, and Indiana Jones 4.
WARNING! My opinion might be invalid!
munchie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #53
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Eh, I guess it's an opinion thing. But when I watch Batman Returns, I see an awesome character that eats birds, not the Catwoman that I'm used to.
So, you don't know what you're talking about in the first place, since you haven't even cited any comics you had in mind from that period in time? I have to say, this is the first time in a while i can recall my opinion being challenged with absolutely no evidence to back it up.
don't mess wae the big boys wee man.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #54
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
What comics did you read back then? What comics are you talking about?

About the only thing that I saw that was added was the whole 'supernatural' angle with the cats, and until the ending where you see her taking all those bullets, you can easy ignore that in the character.
Well, actually the ambiguity about the supernaturality in her character is also from early comics (Batman #35 primarily)

Old 01-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #55
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Quote:
So, you don't know what you're talking about in the first place, since you haven't even cited any comics you had in mind from that period in time? I have to say, this is the first time in a while i can recall my opinion being challenged with absolutely no evidence to back it up.
don't mess wae the big boys wee man.
Haha ok then. Batman: Year One and the first Catwoman series are a good start.

I like: The Star Wars prequels, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, X-men 3, the Pirates sequels, and Indiana Jones 4.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #56
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Catwoman had many faces guys, so I wouldnt even try to find one definitive version

Old 01-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #57
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
Catwoman had many faces guys, so I wouldnt even try to find one definitive version
Exactly.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #58
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post

And that's just covering as far as the 70's.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #59
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

To answer the original post, I did see Returns in theaters.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #60
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Wait... what?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #61
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

I have the Batman/Catwoman comic that page was extracted from(it's from about 73 or 74 iirc, i got it back issue, I'm not that old), see, after that period(where CW was a straight villan), they went the route of her refroming, having a relationship with Bruce Wayne, and then finding out his secret I.D, while at the same time, going back to her criminal activities at points...
See, this is the persona that was the staple in the books from the late 70s up until BR came out, so that is what I meant by her having the characteristics of the cb version.

I stopped buying Batman comics in 94, so don't know when they brought onboard the aspect of her being more of an out and out superhero, anti-hero or whatever you want to call her.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #62
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

So...you're one of the big boys...unless we're talking about comics from after '94?

CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #63
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
So...you're one of the big boys...unless we're talking about comics from after '94?
eh, that joke was more in a reference to my age than knowing all the stages of comics during my lifetime, i recalled munchie saying he was still at highschool over in the community section. So i did wonder whether he had actually read any older BM comics, due to his statement.
One time my sister and i were riding our bikes, when i was a kid, and these two guys rode their bikes right past us, laughing and shouting 'make way for the big boys!', and for years after that when we would talk about it, my sister and I would have a good laugh at that, so that phrase has always struck me as funny, haha.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 01-23-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #64
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

That reminds me.

For years now, whenever my sister says she's cold, I jokingly reply "I'll warm you." watching BR again tonight I realized; the Penguin says that to Catwoman when she says she's cold. It must've infiltrated my subconscious and reemerged as a pseudo-incestuous jab. Amazing.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #65
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Cs Funny Re: Anyone saw Batman Returns in theaters?

Quote:
That reminds me.

For years now, whenever my sister says she's cold, I jokingly reply "I'll warm you." watching BR again tonight I realized; the Penguin says that to Catwoman when she says she's cold. It must've infiltrated my subconscious and reemerged as a pseudo-incestuous jab. Amazing.

I only hope you've been saying it in the growly manner that DeVito did in the film...

Old 01-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #66
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Quote:
eh, that joke was more in a reference to my age than knowing all the stages of comics during my lifetime, i recalled munchie saying he was still at highschool over in the community section. So i did wonder whether he had actually read any older BM comics, due to his statement.
One time my sister and i were riding our bikes, when i was a kid, and these two guys rode their bikes right past us, laughing and shouting 'make way for the big boys!', and for years after that when we would talk about it, my sister and I would have a good laugh at that, so that phrase has always struck me as funny, haha.
Fair enough, but you yourself mentioned the power of back issues. Plus in the 90's everything was overproduced for collectors sake. See: X-men #1.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #67
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Fair enough, but you yourself mentioned the power of back issues. Plus in the 90's everything was overproduced for collectors sake. See: X-men #1.
Well, you didn't seem familiar with any books that had the characteristics that Catwoman had in BR, otherwise you wouldn't have been so aghast at my observation, haha.

and in reply to CConn and the other guy... I am so glad I am walking away from this forum, seeing posts like this just remind me what a waste of time it is even trying to get into discussions round here anymore. There's always some bitter bozos just ready to pounce on your posts with one manner of bs or another.
But, y'know, that's not the reason I'm leaving, that is just a bonus that I won't have to read anymore junk from people who have nothing to do with my real life.
I'm leaving because it's for the best, there's certain people around here who just won't leave certain things alone, and they need to learn to let go of their obsessions, for the sake of their own mental and emotional health.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #68
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I did...

It was my first film (3 years old) in theaters, also. I loved TMNT but then saw BTAS, Batman Returns, and then my g-ma bought me Batman #404-#407 and that certified by Bat-fandom.

Haven't looked back, 1992 was a great-great year for me.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #69
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Goodbye, bum. I loved you like a pet ferret.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #70
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

eh, i will poke my head now and again for the sake of other people not freaking out at my absence(lurkers, you really don't wanna know), but I won't be interacting as much with this forum.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #71
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Oh, I'm sure there's legions of people who would be super upset if you left for good.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #72
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Aye, haha, I know how much I am hated on here, but popularity is not what I'm talking about. (again, lurkers, you don't wanna know)

Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #73
JohnnyGobbs
Side-Kick

Does anyone have a recording of the E! special that covered the Batman Returns premiere which an earlier poster mentioned? I'd love to see that if i were possible.

JohnnyGobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #74
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Look, I'll be straight up with you. It's not that I hate you, or even am trying to poke fun at you at all, it's that I currently feel as though I'm audience to the rantings of someone who suffers from some kind of disconnect from reality.

Nothing you've said in your previous posts has made any sense whatsoever. You seem to be more talking to yourself rather than anyone in particular (except for the lurkers, you don't want to know).

In any case, I imagine this is akin to being privy to a one on one interview with Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #75
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Look, I'll be straight up with you. It's not that I hate you, or even am trying to poke fun at you at all, it's that I currently feel as though I'm audience to the rantings of someone who suffers from some kind of disconnect from reality.

Nothing you've said in your previous posts has made any sense whatsoever. You seem to be more talking to yourself rather than anyone in particular (except for the lurkers, you don't want to know).

In any case, I imagine this is akin to being privy to a one on one interview with Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
This is just...really boring to read, go back to being sarcastic please.